NRA calls gun rallies “downright weird"

Description of your first forum.
Just Me

Re: NRA calls gun rallies “downright weird"

Postby Just Me » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Gopher wrote: However, the economic backlash from that may change their minds. Think maybe Jack in the Box wants a redo on their no gun statement. Three stores robbed now. Sonic too.

I think they will get more complaints from the regular customer who doesn't want to see gun toting people in the restaurant while they are eating. That is a larger group than the the Open Carry crowd, so their voice will be louder.

If I was the bad guy, I would shoot the people who are dong open carry before robbing a store. With concealed carry, you don't know who has a gun or not, and it's a lot harder to shoot everyone opposed to a few who have visible weapons.

I'm not keeping up, but only 3 JiB's robbed? I expect they have more than that on any given day robbed, so it's just a part of doing business. If they had to shut down all the stores that get robbed to clean up the broken glass and blood from a shooting, the costs would outweigh what it costs now. Open Carry will be banned as a general rule at most businesses, so I don't see what is to be gained from all the rallies.

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:42 pm

This probably will come across as shallow but I've been paying attention to the pictures of those carrying assault rifles. These people are literally screaming for attention. Please, put the AK47's away and go home. I feel for sure there's a survivalist camp they can join. :P

Just Me

Postby Just Me » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Who needs AK-47's when you have Febreze for protection? :lol:

***** WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9ruVd5Vc8

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/03/dollar-store-febreze-employee-fired-viral-video/

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Sonic is a interesting case, do they not want your Bidness if you have Firearms in your vehicle ????

If so they can KMA. :)

I am a never Hillaryite!

Gopher

Postby Gopher » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Red Oak wrote:Sonic is a interesting case, do they not want your Bidness if you have Firearms in your vehicle ????

If so they can KMA. :)

Don't think they can do a thing about what's in your car. :roll: Our local Sonic has been closed for almost a year now. Closed under mysterious circumstances and no one really knows why.

Just Me:

In the long run this is about the open carry of handguns and not long guns. Bad guys walk in a restaurant full of seated people how will they know who is carrying and who is not?

Do you feel lucky?
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Stand on it till you smell stink!

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:02 am

Open Carry supporters take issue with NRA

By Anna M. Tinsley
atinsley@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH — Local open carry groups fired back at the NRA on Tuesday after the nation’s largest gun-rights group chastised them for headline-generating demonstrations geared to promote their quest to openly carry sidearms legally.

Many members denounced the group and posted photos on Facebook of torn up NRA cards, which they plan to send back to the organization.

“It is unfortunate that an organization that claims to be dedicated to the preservation of gun rights would attack another organization fighting so hard for those rights in Texas,” according to an Open Carry Texas statement.

“The more the NRA continues to divide its members by attacking some aspects of gun rights instead of supporting all gun rights, the more support it will lose.”

An opinion piece posted on the NRA website called Open Carry rallies at fast-food restaurants and home improvement stores in Texas “downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself.”

Late Tuesday, WFAA/Channel 8 reported that an NRA executive said the statement was a “mistake” and was the personal opinion of a single NRA staff member.

“I had a discussion with the staffer who wrote that piece and expressed his personal opinion,” said Chris Cox, who is in charge of the NRA Institute for Legislative Action. “Our job is not to criticize the lawful behavior of fellow gun owners; our job is to effectuate policy changes that expand and protect our members' right of self-defense.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/06/03 ... rylink=cpy

Just Me

Postby Just Me » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 am

Gopher wrote:Just Me:
In the long run this is about the open carry of handguns and not long guns. Bad guys walk in a restaurant full of seated people how will they know who is carrying and who is not?
Do you feel lucky?

Gopher, I'm not against the open carry - I was just expressing my opinion that most restaurants/businesses won't go for it. With open carry, you can see who has a gun - concealed carry, you can't.

I do think it's a bad idea to let the bad guys know who has a gun and who doesn't, so my preference is for the concealed carry, but either one is ok with me.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:28 am

No problem with concealing..but I think it's a much better plan all around, to display your gun (s) proudly and clearly..just like the good old days.

There won't BE any bad guys..not where YOU go, anyhow.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Last week or the week before a group of the Mom's anti-gun group was asked to leave a restaurant in Oklahoma for being obnoxious to a group of "Open Carriers" in the restaurant at the same time. You didn't hear about that from the Ministry of Truth did you ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

Return to “Your first forum”