Well Finally!!! Gary North is Dead!

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:56 am

They have just announced that he died. A month ago! Here's just part of the announcement
Gary North, RIP
Craig Bulkeley - February 26, 2022

When Gary Kilgore North passed away on February 24, 2022, at the age of 80, he left behind a massive storehouse of Christian scholarship without parallel in the modern church. For nearly fifty-five straight and solid years he applied himself as a craftsman with single-mind devotion to researching, writing, and speaking about God’s world from the perspective of God’s Word. While he lived his work benefited his large readership around the world. For generations to come it will be of great use to the Church of his Lord Jesus Christ.

Finally, North hoped his work would help lay a solid foundation, not be the final answer. He hoped others would take up where he left off and improve on his work. As he concluded his Christian Economics: Scholar’s Edition (2020), he wrote: “Finally, count the cost. If you then decide to become a Christian economics scholar as a calling, I offer this strategy. Correct my errors, extend my breakthroughs, write several monographs, produce videos, recruit and train followers, and do not become sidetracked. It is easy to become sidetracked, especially by money. Also, if someone asks you what kind of economist you are, never say ‘Northian.’ ‘Northist’ is even worse. Say that you are a covenantalist. Now, find your calling and get to work.”

May there be many who will pursue their own callings as North did his. The world will be a better place for it.
His work is done. His rest has begun.
North was preceded in death by his son Caleb who suffered from a rare illness. He is survived by Sharon, his wife of 50 years, and their other children Darcy Lynn North, Scott Andrew North and his wife, Angela, and Lori McDurmon and her husband, Joel, and eight grandchildren.

Memorial service details forthcoming.
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

crackertoes

Re: Well Finally!!! Gary North is Dead!

Postby crackertoes » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:40 pm

Feb 24 is 4 days ago, not a month.

And you’re celebrating his passing? Why?
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

zoomzoomklunk

Postby zoomzoomklunk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:38 pm

You are one sick person......
Another day in paradise

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:51 pm

zoomzoomklunk wrote:Well Finally!!! Gary North is Dead!

You are one sick person......

He disappeared from his site about a month ago. Several people that knew him remarked that he died at that time. But, there was no announcement till now. So, either they didn't know what they were talking about, or they changed his death date for some reason.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Well, it's about damn time. Is that what you're saying? That's what it seems like to me.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:28 pm

GRANDPA wrote:Well, it's about damn time. Is that what you're saying? That's what it seems like to me.

I just think it's strange that they were discussing his death almost a month ago. And just now have officially acknowledged it. 8-)

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Then it seems odd they say Feb. 24th.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:15 am

Here's the whole tribute to North on his website which is a freebie. You don't have to join.
You can see why it took awhile.
https://www.garynorth.com/public/23334.cfm

Return to “Your first forum”