Party like it's 1800

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

Party like it's 1800

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:42 pm

Joe Biden: “We can’t keep the combustion engine the way it has been…we’re moving in the direction that we don’t need…oil products.”

How's that work?

Back to whale blubber as a lubricant for the electric cars and windmills.

Can anyone think of a line of things we might miss without oil products?
It's a joke son,I say a joke

zoomzoomklunk

Re: Party like it's 1800

Postby zoomzoomklunk » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:54 pm

"Can anyone think of a line of things we might miss without oil products?"
How about more things than the average person could imagine....just sayin.
Another day in paradise

rusty

Postby rusty » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:00 pm

Sangersteve wrote:
Joe Biden: “We can’t keep the combustion engine the way it has been…we’re moving in the direction that we don’t need…oil products.”

How's that work?

One thing for sure. We can live without a lot of things that don't require petroleum.

When's the last time you cussed and bitched at an electronic component that you had to have a chainsaw to open up the package?

We probably will never get away from all petroleum based products, but there are a ton that we can easily do without.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:29 am

rusty wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:

How's that work?

One thing for sure. We can live without a lot of things that don't require petroleum.

When's the last time you cussed and bitched at an electronic component that you had to have a chainsaw to open up the package?

We probably will never get away from all petroleum based products, but there are a ton that we can easily do without.

Examples?

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:38 am

It’s not complicated. The most valuable and most important products in the world, are the ones we use in everything.

Oil is at the top of that list. Nothing is more important..other than water.

Liberals are sick people.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Sure there are a lot of things we can live without. But, why would we want to? There's usually one or two that are the best. Why would we want to use less? But, if you want to go that route nobody is stopping you. :D
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:55 pm

planosteve wrote:Sure there are a lot of things we can live without. But, why would we want to? There's usually one or two that are the best. Why would we want to use less? But, if you want to go that route nobody is stopping you. :D

Actually, they are stopping us, but congratulations for lurching uncontrollably into the truth.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:24 pm

There isn't a single thing in our current lifestyle/way of life that isn't impacted in a major way by the price and availability of oil.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:04 am

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:
How's that work?

Examples?

I just gave you one. Packages that contain items the size of a quarter that have plastic packaging that you could put a car battery in. I guess it's for theft control, but it sure is overkill.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:06 am

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

Examples?

I just gave you one. Packages that contain items the size of a quarter that have plastic packaging that you could put a car battery in. I guess it's for theft control, but it sure is overkill.

How about some examples of things IN the packaging that we could easily do without. There are a ton of them, after all.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:47 am

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Examples?

How about some examples of things IN the packaging that we could easily do without. There are a ton of them, after all.

You're being intentionally obtuse, of course. But there are myriad ways we can reduce our oil consumption in this country. We can harness more wind power, more solar power, and use that in conjunction with petroleum-based fuels of course. Electric cars are really just getting started and they are making improvements every year. I'm not of the mindset that we'll be able to completely rid ourselves of petroleum products, but there's going to be a time that we are forced to, and not by the government, by scarcity. Probably not in my lifetime, or even our children's lifetime, but it will happen eventually.

Remember, at one time there were people who said we'd never be able to get rid of the horse and buggy.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:31 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

You're being intentionally obtuse, of course. But there are myriad ways we can reduce our oil consumption in this country. We can harness more wind power, more solar power, and use that in conjunction with petroleum-based fuels of course. Electric cars are really just getting started and they are making improvements every year. I'm not of the mindset that we'll be able to completely rid ourselves of petroleum products, but there's going to be a time that we are forced to, and not by the government, by scarcity. Probably not in my lifetime, or even our children's lifetime, but it will happen eventually.

Remember, at one time there were people who said we'd never be able to get rid of the horse and buggy.

rusty, love you bro, but it seems that you are intentionally dodging the question. There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of everyday items that are made with petroleum. You said that we can do without a ton of them. I just want some examples. And last February's storm proved that "more wind power" is not the answer: when you need it the most, the wind doesn't blow.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:50 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:How about some examples of things IN the packaging that we could easily do without. There are a ton of them, after all.

rusty, love you bro, but it seems that you are intentionally dodging the question. There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of everyday items that are made with petroleum. You said that we can do without a ton of them. I just want some examples. And last February's storm proved that "more wind power" is not the answer: when you need it the most, the wind doesn't blow.

Wind power alone isn’t the answer, neither is solar power, neither is coal, neither is petroleum. Over 60% of our energy comes from fossil fuels. The longer we depend on it to that extent the worse it’s going to get.

And no, I’m not dodging the question. Of course we if we ran out of fossil fuels,today i.e. petroleum, we’d be up shit creek. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to get to the point that we’re up shit creek.

Return to “Your first forum”