Trump Tax Returns Released by House Committee

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Trump Tax Returns Released by House Committee

Postby planosteve » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:12 am

The reports found that the I.R.S. failed to audit Mr. Trump during the first two years of his presidency and did not begin the examination process until 2019, after House Democrats initiated oversight proceedings in an attempt to gain access to his tax records.

While much of the information in the tax returns has already come to light, including through the two reports released last week, the full records from 2015 through 2020 are expected to provide a rare window into the complexity of Mr. Trump’s finances and whether he may have profited from tax policies he signed into law as president.

In 2020, after obtaining data from more than two decades of Mr. Trump’s tax returns, The New York Times traced the boom-and-bust arcs of his financial history: dubious tax avoidance, huge losses and a life buttressed by an inherited fortune. The newly released tax returns show how that pattern extended through his years in Washington.

The reports issued by the Ways and Means Committee also highlighted how outgunned the I.R.S. was in dealing with the army of lawyers, accountants and tax professionals hired by Mr. Trump to defend him in the audits of his returns before, during and after his presidency.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 5e07d0d432
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

planosteve

Re: Trump Tax Returns Released by House Committee

Postby planosteve » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:01 am

45 said that if elected president he would donate his salary to charity. So, did he? Well, now we know. Apparently, he did. For 3 years. But, the 4th year he didn't donate a dime! So, basicly he lied. :roll:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... b183825905

rusty

Postby rusty » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:42 am

planosteve wrote:45 said that if elected president he would donate his salary to charity. So, did he? Well, now we know. Apparently, he did. For 3 years. But, the 4th year he didn't donate a dime! So, basicly he lied. :roll:

Of course he did. He’s known for it.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:05 pm

rusty wrote:
planosteve wrote:45 said that if elected president he would donate his salary to charity. So, did he? Well, now we know. Apparently, he did. For 3 years. But, the 4th year he didn't donate a dime! So, basicly he lied. :roll:

Of course he did. He’s known for it.
Well, yeah. But, something changed. I think he realized after 3 years and 2 impeachments he wasn't comming back. 8-)

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:56 am

David Cay Johnston, who has covered Trump for decades, says the new documents show “absolutely brazen” tax fraud. “Donald Trump has been a criminal his whole life,” says Johnston.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:43 am

These experts use Trump to make themselves relevant.

The tax dump didn't prove anything

If there was any improprieties

The MSM and dems(but I repeat myself) would be at every microphone screaming.

The tax dump showed he lost money while in office, unheard of in todays world.

It also show's he paid what he was supposed to.

He lives rent free in the liberal and some pubs head.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:39 pm

Sangersteve wrote:These experts use Trump to make themselves relevant.

The tax dump didn't prove anything

If there was any improprieties

The MSM and dems(but I repeat myself) would be at every microphone screaming.

The tax dump showed he lost money while in office, unheard of in todays world.

It also show's he paid what he was supposed to.

He lives rent free in the liberal and some pubs head.

Then why did he frequently claim during his 2016 presidential candidacy that he couldn’t release his taxes because they were being audited, a claim that was debunked last week when the House Ways and Means Committee disclosed that Trump’s 2015 and 2016 taxes weren’t audited until 2019?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:31 pm

Then why did he frequently claim during his 2016 presidential candidacy that he couldn’t release his taxes because they were being audited, a claim that was debunked last week when the House Ways and Means Committee disclosed that Trump’s 2015 and 2016 taxes weren’t audited until 2019?

Don't change the subject.

The resistance didn't get what they thought they would, an ah ha moment where he cheated on taxes.

Just to refresh my memory

What law says a president has to release their taxes?

Just quit obsessing about how much money he has or how much he paid in taxes.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:14 pm

I tought the subject was "Trump's Tax Returns" :roll:

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:28 pm

planosteve wrote:David Cay Johnston, who has covered Trump for decades, says the new documents show “absolutely brazen” tax fraud. “Donald Trump has been a criminal his whole life,” says Johnston.

Johnston is the same Trump-hater who got Trump's 2005 tax returns and gave the blockbuster nothingburger to Rachel Maddow.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:40 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
planosteve wrote:David Cay Johnston, who has covered Trump for decades, says the new documents show “absolutely brazen” tax fraud. “Donald Trump has been a criminal his whole life,” says Johnston.

Johnston is the same Trump-hater who got Trump's 2005 tax returns and gave the blockbuster nothingburger to Rachel Maddow.

You mean David Cay Johnston, the Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times, who hunted down a killer the police failed to catch, exposed LAPD abuses, caused two television stations to lose their licenses over news manipulations, and revealed Donald Trump's true net worth. Who has uncovered so many tax dodges that he has been called the "de facto chief tax enforcement officer of the United States." Who's last book, Perfectly Legal, was a New York Times bestseller and honored as Book of the Year by the journalism organization Investigative Reporters and Editors.
You mean that David Cay Johnson? :o

Kiamichi

Postby Kiamichi » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:38 pm

Sangersteve wrote:

The resistance didn't get what they thought they would, an ah ha moment where he cheated on taxes.

And how does Congress have the authority to release a person's income tax returns to the public?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:25 pm

Kiamichi wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:

And how does Congress have the authority to release a person's income tax returns to the public?

They don't.

Return to “Your first forum”