Free speech - Your opinion?

Description of your first forum.
RaisinCain

Free speech - Your opinion?

Postby RaisinCain » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 am

As a white guy, if someone calls me a cracker, snowball, honky or whatever, I couldn't care less. Honestly, I'd probably laugh about it.

So the head of the Russian Tennis Federation was on a "humorous" show (his description) and called Venus and Serena Williams "brothers" and "scary to look at" (Actual Quote: When Dementieva was asked what it was like playing against the Williams sisters, Tarpischev interjected and called them the "Williams brothers." He also said that "it's scary when you really look at them.").

Serena Williams immediately decried this as "bullying, sexist and racist". For the record, I don't see where any of the tags except possibly "sexist" apply, and that one is a stretch; race was not mentioned and I don't see how they were "bullied" by him. The RTF guy was fined $25,000.00 and other sanctions are being imposed.

I'm not trying to impose American "free speech" on the world. I realize that the World Tennis Association is a private organization and can do what they want.

Having said that, isn't this man entitled to his opinion? I actually agree with him that (in some venues, not all) they look masculine to a degree.

This world continues to get more and more idiotic with regard to political correctness.

GFB

Re: Free speech - Your opinion?

Postby GFB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:32 am

I'll tell you this much..the modern overuse of the words "bully" and "bullying" are very annoying to me.

Two of the stupidest words ever invented.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:36 am

Besides that, all 3 of these terms..racist, sexist, and bully, are all brought to us courtesy of liberalism.

I do not use them, except to polk fun at that particular societal ill as a whole.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:42 am

if the williams brothers were white, would this be an issue?
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:49 am

Ask Don Imus.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:04 pm

no big deal to me but now the Williams sisters are back in the news !!

Return to “Your first forum”