The Nazis vs Radical Muslim Terrorists

Description of your first forum.
Ric

The Nazis vs Radical Muslim Terrorists

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 am

which group was worse? These were my weekend reflections after Mass yesterday.

At Mass this morning, Fr Mel spoke about a Franciscan martyr, St Maximilian Kobe.. a man of Polish descent who lived for many years in Russia. It was a fascinating story, and I wish I had been able to talk to him after Mass with some questions, but he was preparing for the next Mass, so I left. But, I will.
Like most Franciscans, he was a gentle and kind man, had tuberculosis, and was very frail most of his adult life. He started the Militia of the Immaculate, which was a publication, and it became the motivation for the formation of the group Knights Of Immaculate, devoted to our Spiritual Mother.
Famous for his compassion, he was arrested with hundreds of others and ended up in the famous POW encampment, Auschwitz. There for but a short time, there was a prisoner escape. He was caught, and as a punishment/warning to others, 10 prisoners were chosen to die by starvation. One of these men cried out for his family, and Maximilian offered to die in this man's stead. He lived too long, and the Nazi's finally gave him a lethal injection of carbolic acid.
Throughout his captivity, and during those final days, he preached forgiveness to the POW's.. Love your enemies and Pray for your persecutors.. a noble, yet meek martyr.
I also learned while looking at materials after Mass, that millions of Catholics died alongside Millions of Jews in these death camps..
My question to Father was going to be simple. If he were alive today, would he preach the same forgiveness for today's Terrorists? I can't remember being asked to forgive any act taken by radical Muslim Terrorists, yet, the correlation is almost certainly the same. The Nazis were that era's terrorists, and though we didn't know it at the time, far more people were killed by the Nazis. Maximilian knew, though, and still asked those, even knowing they were going to die.. to forgive and pray for the aggressors.
Pretty good article, here:http://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/whostmax.htm
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

planosteve

Re: The Nazis vs Radical Muslim Terrorists

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:18 am

millions of Catholics died alongside Millions of Jews in these death camps.
I don't believe this is true according to the historic records.

According to Wikipedia "At least 1.1 million prisoners died at Auschwitz, around 90 percent of them Jewish; approximately 1 in 6 Jews killed in the Holocaust died at the camp."
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:28 am

The article may have been incorrect, But millions of others DID get destroyed in Nazi Death Camps. And it really wasn't my biggest point in the whole thing, but thanks for taking it and pointing that out :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_victims
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:43 am

I think the big take away is that the nazi's were not on a religious campaign, their goal was world domination through racial cleansing. As a group the nazi was recognizable as evil via the leaders,the average German was as oppressed as the Jews, most following orders to avoid being destroyed by their own. A case,I believe can be made that the call to forgive German terrorist's was not for the nazi party, but for the soldier's.

The muslims are bent an world domination because of their religion and will kill even children and other muslims to justify their cause. Since you can not pick a muslim terrorist out of a crowd, no one except other muslim terrorists and the supporters,can find a reason to forgive the sins of terror.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:45 am

planosteve wrote:

According to Wikipedia "At least 1.1 million prisoners died at Auschwitz, around 90 percent of them Jewish; approximately 1 in 6 Jews killed in the Holocaust died at the camp."

Besides the 6 million Jews, the Nazis slaughtered 2 million Catholics as well.

Whether some were in the same death camps as the Jews, that I don't know.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:03 am

How can anyone except a muslim terrorist defend this or ask for the rapist to be forgiven?

According to a security source in Diyala province, the terrorist organization ISIS beheaded a 30 year old woman for killing one its members as he attempted to rape her in her home located northeast of Baquba.

The source said in an interview for IraqiNews.com: “On Wednesday, a member of the terrorist organization ISIS attempted to rape a 30 year old woman inside her house in a village located in the northern district of Muqdadiya (35 km northeast of Baquba), but she managed to grab his gun and kill him in order to maintain her honor. The woman was resting at home and recovering from a medical illness before the attack occurred.”

The source, who requested anonymity, added that “members of ISIS imposed a perimeter in the vicinity of the incident before arresting the sick woman and then killing her by cutting off her head with a sword as per the sentence issued by the Sharia Court of the organization.”

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 am

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:

Besides the 6 million Jews, the Nazis slaughtered 2 million Catholics as well.

Whether some were in the same death camps as the Jews, that I don't know.

Where do you findinformation that the Nazis killed 2 million Catholics?

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:20 am

But they WERE on a rampage against Christianity.. and he was particularly scared of and bent on destroying not only Catholics but all Christians. He incorporated the entire Protestant faith and absorbed it into the Nazi teachings. Hitler wanted people to worship him and not Christ. No doubt he wanted racial cleansing, but he also put high value on destruction of the Roman Catholics. Many many thousands of Catholic men, women, children and priests were murdered during this particular time..http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articl ... -holocaust

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 am

Most Catholic publications put the number at over two million.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 am

Ric wrote:Most Catholic publications put the number at over two million.

Not exactly an impartial historical record.

truep

Postby truep » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 am

I don't call one of the other the "worst". they are both evil and deserve to be wiped out!

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:31 am

planosteve wrote:
Ric wrote:Most Catholic publications put the number at over two million.

Not exactly an impartial historical record.

Neither is your assessment that it's not

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:33 am

Of the 11 million people killed during the Holocaust, six million were Polish citizens. Three million were Polish Jews and another three million were Polish Christians. Most of the remaining victims were from other countries including Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Holland, France and even Germany.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... ctims.html

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:03 pm

truep wrote:I don't call one of the other the "worst". they are both evil and deserve to be wiped out!

+1; arguing which is the worst may be constructive in some ways, but it's like who's worse, Charles Manson or Richard Speck. Both need extermination.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:44 pm

RaisinCain wrote:
truep wrote:I don't call one of the other the "worst". they are both evil and deserve to be wiped out!

+1; arguing which is the worst may be constructive in some ways, but it's like who's worse, Charles Manson or Richard Speck. Both need extermination.

+2 RaisinCain.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Manson is worse because he is still alive.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:13 pm

The Nazis, that lived and were de-Nazified made great contributions to our World; that the Jihadists are not capable of.

The Nazis also got their eugenic ideas from America, in large part.

I am a never Hillaryite!

BillB

Postby BillB » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:30 pm

I think they are the same level of evil.
The NAZIs killed for their ideology the Muslims kill for theirs.
We aren't in a position to forgive either one of them unless we have personally been wronged by them.
When and if we are, we'll each have to make that decision.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:55 pm

They are more equal then anyone realizes.

The Nazis were Fascists who were deeply anti Semitic.

That is pretty much the definition of a Nazi.

The Muslims are both as well..Fascists as well as deeply Semitic.

That is why I believe Michael Medved has coined the best name for them.."Islamo Nazis."
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:58 pm

The difference is that some Nazis had something to fall back on when they were defeated, the Jihadists have no redeeming value.

The Nazi were quite fond of the Goose Steppers and vice versa.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Return to “Your first forum”