What will 45 do about the immigrants if he's elected again?

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

What will 45 do about the immigrants if he's elected again?

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:31 am

If he regains power, Donald Trump wants not only to revive some of the immigration policies criticized as draconian during his presidency, but expand and toughen them.

Donald Trump wants to reimpose a Covid 19-era policy of refusing asylum claims — this time basing that refusal on assertions that migrants carry other infectious diseases like tuberculosis.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

Former President Donald J. Trump is planning an extreme expansion of his first-term crackdown on immigration if he returns to power in 2025 — including preparing to round up undocumented people already in the United States on a vast scale and detain them in sprawling camps while they wait to be expelled.
The plans would sharply restrict both legal and illegal immigration in a multitude of ways.

Mr. Trump wants to revive his first-term border policies, including banning entry by people from certain Muslim-majority nations and reimposing a Covid 19-era policy of refusing asylum claims — though this time he would base that refusal on assertions that migrants carry other infectious diseases like tuberculosis.

He plans to scour the country for unauthorized immigrants and deport people by the millions per year.

To help speed mass deportations, Mr. Trump is preparing an enormous expansion of a form of removal that does not require due process hearings. To help Immigration and Customs Enforcement carry out sweeping raids, he plans to reassign other federal agents and deputize local police officers and National Guard soldiers voluntarily contributed by Republican-run states.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/us/p ... genda.html
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Mark

Re: What will 45 do about the immigrants if he's elected again?

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:38 am

I didn't read your stupid NYT article, but I'll answer the question you posted...

First of all, these are not immigrants. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS.

President Trump has already stated that he will undertake the largest deportation operation in the history of the United States the moment he takes office.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Mark wrote:I didn't read your stupid NYT article, but I'll answer the question you posted...

President Trump has already stated that he will undertake the largest deportation operation in the history of the United States the moment he takes office.
There may be a small problem. He won't be taking office because he's going to be in prison for Mara Lago. It's a slam dunk. 8-)

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:13 pm

planosteve wrote:
Mark wrote:I didn't read your stupid NYT article, but I'll answer the question you posted...

There may be a small problem. He won't be taking office because he's going to be in prison for Mara Lago. It's a slam dunk. 8-)

Man, you're all over those Democrat talking points.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:59 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
planosteve wrote:

It's just common sense. He has no defense at all. He is guilty beyond any doubt. So, why wouldn't they use them? His only hope is the Supreme Court will bail him out.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:09 pm

Well, hell, if he's guilty beyond any doubt, why bother with a trial? "Bailiff, whack his peepee!"

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:11 pm

GRANDPA wrote:Well, hell, if he's guilty beyond any doubt, why bother with a trial? "Bailiff, whack his peepee!"

When you get to that level, facts go out the window. It's all political. And it is dangerous because no matter how you vote it's going to piss off a lot of people.

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:53 am

planosteve wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
planosteve wrote:There may be a small problem. He won't be taking office because he's going to be in prison for Mara Lago. It's a slam dunk. 8-)

It's just common sense. He has no defense at all. He is guilty beyond any doubt. So, why wouldn't they use them? His only hope is the Supreme Court will bail him out.

There will be no completed criminal trials for Trump before the election.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 am

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Man, you're all over those Democrat talking points.

Here's why:
Trump has made no secret of the fact that his overarching legal strategy is to seek delays, because if he were to win the 2024 presidential election in November and the trial had not yet started or had not been completed, he could appoint as the attorney general a loyalist who would drop the charges against him.

And even if Trump failed to delay the trial until after the election, his preference is for them to occur as close to election day as possible because he could use that as political ammunition to claim the charges were political in nature, according to people familiar with Trump’s strategy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 6-election

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:06 am

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:It's just common sense. He has no defense at all. He is guilty beyond any doubt. So, why wouldn't they use them? His only hope is the Supreme Court will bail him out.

Here's why:
Trump has made no secret of the fact that his overarching legal strategy is to seek delays, because if he were to win the 2024 presidential election in November and the trial had not yet started or had not been completed, he could appoint as the attorney general a loyalist who would drop the charges against him.

And even if Trump failed to delay the trial until after the election, his preference is for them to occur as close to election day as possible because he could use that as political ammunition to claim the charges were political in nature, according to people familiar with Trump’s strategy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 6-election

You just got through saying he won’t be able to take office because he’ll be in prison..now you’ve decided there will be no trials before the election.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:33 am

Either in or headed for, you can't predict how long that will take. And Trump's strategy is litigate, litigate, litigate.

Return to “Your first forum”