Hilarious things my grandson says

Description of your first forum.
BillP

Re: Hilarious things my grandson says

Postby BillP » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:36 am

When one of my sons was about three or four, we told him one night to eat his vegetables before he left the table.
A few minutes later we were in the living room and the boy came in. I asked him if he had eaten his vegetables. He said yes. I told him I was going to go check. He said, "No Dad, DON'T CHECK, DON'T CHECK".

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:45 pm

BillP wrote:When one of my sons was about three or four, we told him one night to eat his vegetables before he left the table.
A few minutes later we were in the living room and the boy came in. I asked him if he had eaten his vegetables. He said yes. I told him I was going to go check. He said, "No Dad, DON'T CHECK, DON'T CHECK".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:46 pm

Mark wrote:My granddaughter is in the jabber stage and is ready to say her first word at any time.

I can't wait to hear the things she has to say.

Some of them will be hilarious. Post them here :)

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 am

"Don't Check" is hilarious.
:lol: :lol:
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:47 am

My wife took grandson #2 to pick up grandson #1 at school last week. As they were driving home, grandson #1 was counting the seconds between lightning strikes, and informing my wife of the distance. When they pulled up to his house, she told him, "Scoot right on in: I'll be right behind you."

However, as soon as grandson hit the door, it started raining cats and dogs. Grandson was at the window watching, then disappeared for a minute. My wife later found a Facebook Messenger text from him:

"I advise you to not take the baby outside. Sorry about the downpour."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:50 pm

I should have said "counting the seconds between lightning strikes and thunderclaps" to calculate the distance.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:01 pm

This one isn't in the "hilarious" category, but I think it's worth mentioning:

When I was driving him home from school recently, we somehow landed on the topic of "pi". He asked me, do you know what the value of pi is, grandpa? I replied, "Um, it's something like 3.14156."

He responded, "Close. It's 3.14159. Actually, it's 3.141592653589793238462643, but it goes on for infinity."

Me: "Is that as far as you could memorize it?"

Him: "No, that's how far Alexa goes."

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat May 18, 2024 1:33 pm

I picked up Jello III from school yesterday. I noticed that he had gotten a haircut, so I said, "Oh, you got your ears lowered."

He responded, "Yeah... a licensed cosmetologist surgically lowered my ears. It was painful, but worth it. She lowered my eyes, too."

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat May 18, 2024 1:51 pm

jellowrestling wrote:I picked up Jello III from school yesterday. I noticed that he had gotten a haircut, so I said, "Oh, you got your ears lowered."

He responded, "Yeah... a licensed cosmetologist surgically lowered my ears. It was painful, but worth it. She lowered my eyes, too."

..and how old is this quick witted little nipper?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon May 20, 2024 10:24 pm

GFB wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:I picked up Jello III from school yesterday. I noticed that he had gotten a haircut, so I said, "Oh, you got your ears lowered."

..and how old is this quick witted little nipper?

He's 10 now. Hard to believe. He has a 19-month old brother.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat May 25, 2024 12:07 pm

This one isn't so much "hilarious" as clever:

Jello III wrote a poem for school. In it, he mentioned his "baby brother babbling". I asked him if he knew what that was called. He thought for a second, then said, "An accidental alliteration."

Return to “Your first forum”