My new hero..

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Re: My new hero..

Postby Mark » Mon May 20, 2024 7:09 pm

jellowrestling wrote:Butker had words for the men, too:

To the gentleman here today, part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or in our communities. As men, we set the tone of the culture. And when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in. This absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation. Other countries do not have nearly the same absentee father rates as we find here in the US. And a correlation can be made in their drastically lower violence rates as well. Be unapologetic in your masculinity.

Fight against the cultural emasculation of men. Do hard things. Never settle for what is easy. You might have a talent that you don’t necessarily enjoy. But if it glorifies God, maybe you should lean into that over something that you might think suits you better. I speak from experience as an introvert who now finds myself as an amateur public speaker, and an entrepreneur, something I never thought I’d be when I received my industrial engineering degree.

I don't find anything objectionable here. I didn't find anything objectionable about what he said to the women, either. He's describing my family pretty well, in fact.

There is absolutely no question that the breakdown of the nuclear family has resulted in an explosion of social pathologies. We see evidence of that all around us in (among other things) violence, suicide, and kids who have been convinced that they can change genders at will (or be "non-binary"). Prisons are full of men and women who parents abandoned their most important roles in life. If you don't want kids, that's your call. But if you have them, they have to be the priority. Your career shuffling papers around in an office will quickly be forgotten, but your impact on your kids can last for generations, for good or for bad.

How dare him say that daddies are more important than welfare checks.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

rusty

Postby rusty » Mon May 20, 2024 7:22 pm

Hey Hoss. Is it out of your system yet? Bwahahaha!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Thu May 23, 2024 2:04 pm

rusty wrote:

To the gentleman here today, part of what plagues our society is this lie that has been told to you that men are not necessary in the home or in our communities. As men, we set the tone of the culture. And when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction and chaos set in. This absence of men in the home is what plays a large role in the violence we see all around the nation. Other countries do not have nearly the same absentee father rates as we find here in the US. And a correlation can be made in their drastically lower violence rates as well. Be unapologetic in your masculinity.

Fight against the cultural emasculation of men. Do hard things. Never settle for what is easy. You might have a talent that you don’t necessarily enjoy. But if it glorifies God, maybe you should lean into that over something that you might think suits you better. I speak from experience as an introvert who now finds myself as an amateur public speaker, and an entrepreneur, something I never thought I’d be when I received my industrial engineering degree.

I don't find anything objectionable here. I didn't find anything objectionable about what he said to the women, either. He's describing my family pretty well, in fact.

There is absolutely no question that the breakdown of the nuclear family has resulted in an explosion of social pathologies. We see evidence of that all around us in (among other things) violence, suicide, and kids who have been convinced that they can change genders at will (or be "non-binary"). Prisons are full of men and women who parents abandoned their most important roles in life. If you don't want kids, that's your call. But if you have them, they have to be the priority. Your career shuffling papers around in an office will quickly be forgotten, but your impact on your kids can last for generations, for good or for bad.

My kids were all raised to be tolerant of all kinds and non-judgmental. They’re all college educated and highly successful in their chosen professional fields. They don’t have to be indoctrinated in a certainly philosophy to be successful and productive members of society. I’m trying to encourage my grandkids to be just as tolerant and just as non-judgmental.

I’m not saying that to say you’re wrong. But it’s not the only way to raise kids.

I definitely believe in the merits of the nuclear family. However that’s not always an option. People usually do the best they can.

You and I are fortunate in that we both have strong family bonds.
Not everyone is that fortunate.

I certainly don't have a problem with that, but, as GFB pointed out, this was a Catholic speaking to Catholics at a Catholic college about being Catholic, using Catholic terminology. I think that people who are blasting him are being intolerant and judgmental.

rusty

Postby rusty » Thu May 23, 2024 4:04 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

My kids were all raised to be tolerant of all kinds and non-judgmental. They’re all college educated and highly successful in their chosen professional fields. They don’t have to be indoctrinated in a certainly philosophy to be successful and productive members of society. I’m trying to encourage my grandkids to be just as tolerant and just as non-judgmental.

I’m not saying that to say you’re wrong. But it’s not the only way to raise kids.

I definitely believe in the merits of the nuclear family. However that’s not always an option. People usually do the best they can.

I certainly don't have a problem with that, but, as GFB pointed out, this was a Catholic speaking to Catholics at a Catholic college about being Catholic, using Catholic terminology. I think that people who are blasting him are being intolerant and judgmental.

So GFB is an expert on raising kids? It seems he is not.
I don’t think he’s an expert of anything except his own opinion,

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Thu May 23, 2024 6:55 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

Bingo!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri May 24, 2024 4:38 pm

rusty wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:
rusty wrote:

My comment had nothing to do with GFB's opinion on parenting. I'll try restating it:

I certainly don't have a problem with that, but, this was a Catholic speaking to Catholics at a Catholic college about being Catholic, using Catholic terminology. I think that people who are blasting him are being intolerant and judgmental.

Return to “Your first forum”