Imagine That: In-N-Out is Raising Prices

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

Imagine That: In-N-Out is Raising Prices

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:28 pm

In-N-Out is raising prices just two months after California instituted a minimum wage increase for fast food workers.

The president of the popular fast food chain, Lynsi Snyder, said in April that she fought to keep prices down when the new minimum wage law first took effect.

“I was sitting in VP meetings going toe-to-toe saying, ‘We can’t raise the prices that much, we can’t,’” Snyder told “Today” during an interview at the time.

Although many fast food restaurants saw menu prices increase by 10% or more, one Los Angeles-based In-N-Out instituted a moderate increase of 25 cents for a burger and 5 cents for a drink, according to the New York Post.

As for the recent price bump, a Double-Double combo in Los Angeles County now costs $11.44, up $0.76 from last year.

A spokesperson for In-N-Out confirmed to KTLA sister station KRON that the recent price hikes are directly related to the new minimum wage rate but did not say exactly when the new prices were implemented.

The minimum wage increased from $16 to $20 per hour on April 1. The starting wage at California In-N-Out locations is $22 to $23 per hour, a company spokesperson said.

https://ktla.com/news/california/in-n-o ... -increase/

Sangersteve

Re: Imagine That: In-N-Out is Raising Prices

Postby Sangersteve » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:41 pm

Stevie Wonder predicted this.

California fast food restaurants have slashed nearly 10,000 jobs because of the state’s new $20 minimum wage as struggling franchises cut labor costs and raise prices to survive, a major trade group said Thursday.

The California Business and Industrial Alliance (CABIA) slammed Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom for pushing through the law, which went into effect April 1 – and was blamed for forcing one beloved taco chain to shutter 48 locations in the state last week.

“California businesses have been under total attack and total assault for years,” CABIA president and founder Tom Manzo told Fox Business.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:35 pm

The first In&Out in the area opened in Loveland about 6 months ago. We drove down to have one. Haven't been back. It was OK but not a big deal.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:35 pm

In And Out is glorified McDonald's.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:55 pm

Lefties claim the CEO of In&Out makes $220 million or some such & blame that on higher prices.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:21 pm

GRANDPA wrote:Lefties claim the CEO of In&Out makes $220 million or some such & blame that on higher prices.

The owner/CEO of In&Out is worth over $6 billion. The average store manager makes $180,000 per year. It's a privately-held company, and Lyndsi Snyder inherited 97% of it. Whoever gave that $220 million number is probably lying Commie scum.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:55 am

I think I got that figure from the Lefties on Threads. It's shocking, but not surprising, how many think even $100k is too much. A lot believe in from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

rusty

Postby rusty » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:00 am

I understand that In and Out is great on the West Coast.
Here, not so much.
I’ll take What-a-Burger.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:50 pm

GRANDPA wrote:I think I got that figure from the Lefties on Threads. It's shocking, but not surprising, how many think even $100k is too much. A lot believe in from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.

As is typical with Lefties, they pulled that number out of thin air. The Google and Blackstone CEOs are the only ones who make that much.

Return to “Your first forum”