I don't think Bannon wants to go to prison

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

I don't think Bannon wants to go to prison

Postby planosteve » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:23 am

Steve Bannon, the former Trump aide and far-right podcaster who was recently sentenced to prison, is asking a judge to intervene and keep him out of jail so that he can fulfill his “important” role in the Trump campaign.

Bannon filed an emergency motion to the DC Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday, asking it to overturn a lower court’s order for him to report to prison on July 1.

He has asked for more time to appeal his contempt of Congress conviction - up to the Supreme Court if necessary - and continue serving as a “top advisor “to Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign.

“The government seeks to imprison Mr Bannon for the four-month period leading up to the November election, when millions of Americans look to him for information on important campaign issues,” Bannon’s lawyer wrote.
“Yet from prison, Mr Bannon’s ability to participate in the campaign and comment on important matters of policy would be drastically curtailed, if not eliminated.”

Bannon has been ordered to report to prison on July 1 to serve his four-month sentence. In 2022, a jury found him guilty of contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with a subpoena from the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

Over the last two years, the rightwing firebrand has managed to avoid jail time while appealing the conviction. In May, his conviction was upheld and last week, a federal judge granted prosecutors’ motion to reverse the stay on his sentence.

Bannon has raged against the decision, claiming he will use all legal avenues available to appeal his conviction, including taking his case to the Supreme Court.

“There’s not a prison built or jail built that will shut me up,” Bannon said last week.

The former Trump administration advisor has baselessly claimed that his sentence is “about shutting down the MAGA movement” and “shutting down President Trump.”

His lawyers have asked the DC Circuit Court to rule on the motion by June 18 to give Bannon enough time to appeal to the highest court in the land.

They argue that the Supreme Court could be interested in taking his “landmark case” – citing the court’s recent ruling in ex-Trump aide Peter Navarro’s contempt of Congress sentencing.

The Independent is the world’s most free-thinking news brand, providing global news, commentary and analysis for the independently-minded. We have grown a huge, global readership of independently minded individuals, who value our trusted voice and commitment to positive change. Our mission, making change happen, has never been as important as it is today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 4064&ei=20
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

planosteve

Re: I don't think Bannon wants to go to prison

Postby planosteve » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:54 am

Bannon is a world class BS artist and phony. Even Trump couldn't stand having him around and fired him. But, he continues to pretend to be some kind of super strategist and a brain trust for his campaign.

LibraryLady2

Postby LibraryLady2 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:40 am

Name one person who wants to go to prison.............

I agree with you that he has some convinced that he is the great guru of elections. I think he is a swarmy SOB.

If the laws of our land say he belongs in prison, then off to prison he should go.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -- Jojen Reed

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:48 am

Here's what I could find regarding Trump's firing of Bannon.
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news ... 284998007/

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:29 am

LibraryLady2 wrote:Name one person who wants to go to prison.............

I agree with you that he has some convinced that he is the great guru of elections. I think he is a swarmy SOB.

If the laws of our land say he belongs in prison, then off to prison he should go.

Well, some homosexuals might enjoy it. I don't know if that applies to Bannon.
I think his best chance might be an insanity plea. He shouldn't have much of a problem with that.
Apparently, his reaction to being fired was to mostly ignore it.

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:22 pm

If you believe Steve Bannon should go to prison, then please explain to me why Merrick Garland shouldn't.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:26 pm

Mark wrote:If you believe Steve Bannon should go to prison, then please explain to me why Merrick Garland shouldn't.
Who me? I didn't say he should go to prison. But, I think he should go to hell for lying. :P

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:12 pm

Trump needs to go on the air, live and denounce Bannon, that whack job that he fired from his last administration.
Bannon is going to cost Trump a lot of votes from people that want Biden gone and would vote for him.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:59 am

planosteve wrote:
Mark wrote:If you believe Steve Bannon should go to prison, then please explain to me why Merrick Garland shouldn't.
Who me? I didn't say he should go to prison. But, I think he should go to hell for lying. :P

So you believe all Leftists should go to hell, because all Leftists are serial liars.

Thanks for clearing that up.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:29 am

Mark wrote:
planosteve wrote:

So you believe all Leftists should go to hell, because all Leftists are serial liars.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't think that lying has much to do with political affiliation. I believe it's pretty much the same, but libertarians probably lie less than the others.

Return to “Your first forum”