We are going to Lincoln, NE tonight...

Description of your first forum.
bodine

We are going to Lincoln, NE tonight...

Postby bodine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:13 pm

To attend the Purdue / Nebraska football game (2:30 Central ABC/ESPN2) on Saturday.

Son is going to have 11 fans in attendance, as this is the closest they come to Texas this year. And its Nebraska. Love 'em, hate 'em, this is the big time college football that son signed up for...

And I (wife, Gma & BIL) get to watch from the luxury suite of one of our vendors, who is based in Lincoln. I met the CEO at a users group last year; and he graciously invited me to watch the game with him on Purdue's next visit to Lincoln. I took him up on it; and had no idea it would be a suite. Will probably be first and last time. That is ok...

Anyway; it looks to be an exciting trip. We have warned the vendor that we are wearing Purdue colors; and wife will wear one of son's jerseys. Boiler Up!!!!

Ric

Re: We are going to Lincoln, NE tonight...

Postby Ric » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 pm

heh.. You will certainly be safer in the suite.. :) what does the Boy play, and what is his number?
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Our oldest grandson will be playing his 1st round playoff game at that time, but I will record it
Hope y'all do well.

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Ric wrote:heh.. You will certainly be safer in the suite.. :) what does the Boy play, and what is his number?

He is currently in a rotation at right OT; started the first five games at LT. He started last week at RT. When he rotates; he has been playing more snaps...

He has also played center this year; a first for him. And he backs up both guards.

They call him versatile....

And he is number 66.

bodine

Postby bodine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:02 pm

grouchy wrote:Our oldest grandson will be playing his 1st round playoff game at that time, but I will record it
Hope y'all do well.

Good luck to the grandson. Playoff games are fun!!!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:18 pm

I happened to be somewhere where the game was on last time you told us and saw him on TV for the last few minutes of the game.

Ric

Postby Ric » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:30 pm

bodine wrote:
Ric wrote:heh.. You will certainly be safer in the suite.. :) what does the Boy play, and what is his number?

He is currently in a rotation at right OT; started the first five games at LT. He started last week at RT. When he rotates; he has been playing more snaps...

He has also played center this year; a first for him. And he backs up both guards.

They call him versatile....

And he is number 66.

Cool. Will watch for him...
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Benbrook Susie

Postby Benbrook Susie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:10 am

bodine wrote:And I (wife, Gma & BIL) get to watch from the luxury suite of one of our vendors, who is based in Lincoln. I met the CEO at a users group last year; and he graciously invited me to watch the game with him on Purdue's next visit to Lincoln.

Way cool !!!! 8-)
No matter where you go, there you are...

bodine

Postby bodine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Well, that was fun, even though we lost. Our defense played well; the Nebraska defense had answers for all of our options, so our offense wasn't very good. Our special teams were absolutely horrid; we had two punts blocked and one run back into the red zone...

Son played in a rotation; two series out; two series in. He played well, gave up only one hurry, no sacks. I have some pictures, but am having a devil of a time figuring out how to get them posted here.

The suite was fantastic!!! And we were invited back again in two years!

The Nebraska fans we met were so nice. I think it is because their program has been so good for so long. Personally, I wish they were annoyed because they got beat by Purdue....

Return to “Your first forum”