Prayers PLEASE

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Re: Prayers PLEASE

Postby crocmommy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am

I'm glad you are willing to be there for him too. As a parent, you can never have too much support! And glad to hear that he's improving.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:41 am

Hang in there.

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:53 am

Continuing well wishes and prayers for Stephen and those who love him...

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Friday Update. Surgery was at Noon today. His femur was stabilized with a huge plate. That joins the rods, screws etc.. in his spine from earlier operations. He is back in ICU now and on a ventilator to help him breathe and give his body a rest from trying to do that on his own. Pneumonia is going away, BP and Heart Rate are good, as is his temp. His Mom said a couple of rough days lie ahead but we all knew that. He is a fighter, he was pronounced once before on an operating table many years ago, he came back from that and I think he will come out of this as well. His Mom and Dad are with him tonight and we are going to spell them Saturday for a while. Now, I need a suggestion from any and all: How do I smuggle a 65lb Pit-Bull in the hospital, much less into ICU ? Anna senses something is going on. She is in his room on his bed now and I swear she is worried about Stephen. Service Dog Vest ?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Could you do Skype or something like that?

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:31 pm

crocmommy wrote:Could you do Skype or something like that?

Wouldn't work for Anna. The days I have visited him she picks up his scent from my hands and face when I get home. I will not turn this thread into a Pit-Bull thing, but she as any breed of dog would do the same. It just still amazes me what they can figure out sometimes. So tomorrow, I will hug him closer, and maybe she will detect him a little more when I get home. ( Already asked the staff, no way in Hell I can get Anna in :D )

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:44 pm

My mother's bulldog is also amazing at times. After my stepfather died, he would not go into his bedroom for almost a year.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:23 am

I wish you could get her into his room but having had major surgery, I understand the restriction they've imposed. Maybe when his incisions heal? Since he's had bone surgery, it's really risky.

Grassman

Postby Grassman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 am

Hope he gets well Dancer.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Saturday Update: I took Kay to see him today. He is still knocked out and on a ventilator to help his lungs work and his body to heal up. Surgery went well, leg looks 100% better and his color is great. Vital signs great and MAYBE the Doc says, start weaning him off ventilator Monday, no promises though. This is going to be a long road to go down, but the support from you guys means so much to me, I can't express my thanks enough to all of you. Next update will probably be Monday, as with him being stable I will go to Church tomorrow, come home, cook and watch Racing and Football.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Great news!
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Sangersteve wrote:Great news!

Thanks, SS. Now do you have any idea how I can contact Bubba via Land Line?

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am

That is some good news, Dancer. Looking forward to Monday's report and prayers will continue.

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Continued good luck friend!

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:33 pm

May he continue to heal properly....and quickly.
Sounds like he will make it.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Monday update: Still on ventilator as his Blood Gases are at borderline. Doc says maybe one more day. When he is off that, they will slowly wean him off the IV'S keeping him out of it, and Physical Therapy on leg starts even in ICU. He looks better today than Saturday, and I am under orders from his Mom and Dad to stop worrying so dang much. I do know one thing, when he is breathing on his own and awake, the Physical Therapist better be ready for a fight.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Thanks for the update.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Are you all relaxing a bit? Sounds like he will make it.......
..and that is good news.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:07 pm

they sent a lawyer? they should have sent eddie gossage.
chumps

prayers.
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:52 pm

LibraryLady wrote:Are you all relaxing a bit? Sounds like he will make it.......
..and that is good news.

Everyone is settling down a bit. He came off Ventilator today, breathing on his own with a heavy dose or O2. SEMI awake but still real woozy as the weaning has started. In his Moms words to me today " He is Comming around very slowly, but he is also Pi**ed!" I didn't go by today, but will see him on Wednesday. Let you folks know then.
And thanks again.

Return to “Your first forum”