The icy run to OKC

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

The icy run to OKC

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Called the customer this morning to check on road conditions, he said the freeways were clear and the side streets were slick.

So off I go, nothing on the roads all the way to Pauls Valley, then patchy Ice on overpasses, then piled up ice on the dashed white line, got behind an eighteen wheeler who put his wheels on the white line of ice and kept drifting into the fast lane.

Couldn't pass because he kept drifting over, the slush he was churning up coated my windshield so much I finally gave up and pulled off to clean up the mess, 23 degrees and the washer was frozen.Bought some bottled water cleaned up and I was off again.

OKC freeways were clear and dry and everyone was driving 17 MPH.

The side streets were treacherous, just enough melting to make it really slick.

Got in, got done, came home.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

geeiabil

Re: The icy run to OKC

Postby geeiabil » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:35 pm

I drive in the slush when it's above freezing. It helps to clear more road surface and it keeps morons farther back in my six.
Tea + Water = Tea
Tea + Water + Sweetener = Sweet Tea
Any other designation is redUNdant

PlanoSooner

Re: The icy run to OKC

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:25 pm

growing up there..... we always feared the slush. because it would pile up and melt all day and then the melted stuff would freeze at night. creating black ice.
i, too, would drive on the slush to spread it out. otherwise, it would pile up and create the scenario above.

glad you made the trip safely old man
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Return to “Your first forum”