GAY BLOOD!!!!!

Description of your first forum.
PlanoSooner

GAY BLOOD!!!!!

Postby PlanoSooner » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

GFB

Re: GAY BLOOD!!!!!

Postby GFB » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 pm

I never knew there was such a ban.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:39 am

I'd be really PO'd if I was given blood and it gave me AIDS. There is a quick AIDS test now. I know that because our neighbor won a 10 million $$$ lawsuit because a drug company never paid him for his discovery. Why can't they use that on donors?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:54 am

Along time ago a friend was shot in a hunting accident, one of the transfusions was infected, he died of aids.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:50 am

Every time we donate, we have to answer if we have had same-sex sex...
I wonder if that question will be removed from the list.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:04 am

tell your surgeon that you don't take blood transfusions if you are concerned but make sure you sign the form . There are alternatives to blood used in transfusion and techniques used to slow down blood loss . I'm no doctor but some Jehovah's Witnesses do what I described .

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am

"Some may believe this is a step forward, but in reality, requiring celibacy for a year is a de facto lifetime ban," the organization Gay Men's Health Crisis, a New York-based nonprofit that supports AIDS prevention and care, said after the announcement.

The rest of us care more about having a safe supply of blood than your concern about a "stigma".

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:06 pm

dont they test all blood anyway?

i understand the abstinence thing as i heard hiv tests might not be accurate in the short term or somesuch. maybe someone knows more about it.

i dont know why there is a stigma for the gay(males) community. they KNOW their behavior is more risky than hetero behavior. statistics dude!

i cannot see how a gay man is disenfranchised by not being able to give blood. if they claim they are, then they are an activist.

if you told me i got gay female blood i wouldnt be concerned. gay male blood? i would be pissed off
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:29 pm

yeah , that'd make me take notice also Plano Sooner , course you'll never know even if the doctor knew . As far as believing a pledge to abstain from sodomy , I wouldn't believe that pledge any more than I'd believe a Drunk Wino that says he is on the wagon .

Return to “Your first forum”