Do you use a Keurig?

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Re: Do you use a Keurig?

Postby crocmommy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:48 am

I use the reusuable k cup with my own coffee. It works just fine. I do think about how wasteful it must be just throwing away all those used k cups.

One recycling note...The girls had put some cereal in a plastic bag to eat in the car. I told them to hand me the bag and we'd use it again instead of just throwing it away. My oldest replied that we could recycle it. I tried to explain to her that reusing something is better than using it once for the recycle. It takes energy and resources to recycle that one plastic bag so it's better for us to use it again if we can.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:19 am

We don't recycle at my house.

At my house, it's all trash..just dig a big hole..dump the trash in..cover it up and then build some condominiums.

As a bonus, pour gasoline on the trash first and light it on fire before you cover it up.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:52 pm

LibraryLady wrote:In Ottawa, Ontario, the city also gives fines for not following recycling rules.

If the trash men PU and see you have not followed the rules, you get a warning and then a fine. Don't know the amount of fine, but it was enough that our son was in fear of being fined.

Fort Worth is the same way. A trash Nazi came out and dug through my trash cans after we called the city for missing a trash pick up. She found (horrors!) a shopping bag that had colored writing on it and proclaimed it against the rules. We asked why she was digging in the trash in the first place and she said the trash guys didn't pick because we violated the rules. Never mind she had to DIG to find that one bag so we asked how the heck could they know? She stammered.... no answer. Meanwhile, a neighbor came out and pointed all the other trash cans that were still sitting out... the trash guy just missed our side of the street. She insisted we all violated the trash separation rules and that was why our side wasn't picked up. :roll:

Fast forward to about a year ago, different house, and the trash guys actually stop in front of our house and measured how far from the curb our bins were. Deemed it inappropriate and placed a notice ON THE TRASH CAN.

Seriously??
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Seriously, 'toes???
I could not live in a city that is that particular......placement of can???.........my mind is just boggled!

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:57 am

LibraryLady wrote:Seriously, 'toes???
I could not live in a city that is that particular......placement of can???.........my mind is just boggled!

I had heard rumors that this city was well-known for its trash issues, but this is crazy. Makes me miss Richardson - trash pick up twice a week, all the bags you want to set out.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:07 am

my pot has an additional small wire mesh strainer off to the side for the 'one cup' brew.
i rarely make a full pot unless that thing is dirty.

i chose this over keurig because i dont really get into all of the flavors of coffee. i use community dark roast all the time..... over ice in a 32oz cup.... all day up until 3 or 4:00

i like that the clip was made. i hate being roped into buying branded consumables because i like a particular device.
if i had a keurig, i would use the refillable cup and brew community coffee. maybe keep some flavored k-cups around for company i guess.
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:21 am

I guess it's all in what you enjoy. I'm willing to pay for what I want. I get up, go downstairs, hit the "on" button on the Keurig, go turn on the TV and computer and then my coffee's ready. If I have to, I'll penny pinch on something else for that er, uh luxury. Preferences do matter.

Return to “Your first forum”