Say Bye Bye to Roan Farrow

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Say Bye Bye to Roan Farrow

Postby planosteve » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 am

In a bid to stem cataclysmic ratings declines and waning relevance, MSNBC has cancelled the daytime shows "Ronan Farrow Daily" and "The Reid Report."

In their place, MSNBC will bring in Thomas Roberts to anchor a new daily two-hour block of news programming from 1-3 pm, a network spokesperson told the On Media blog. Roberts will stop anchoring Way Too Early, the 5:30-a.m. show that precedes Morning Joe.

Ronan Farrow will launch a new series of primetime specials, featuring in-depth interviews, and will continue to be a special correspondent across programming. He will also continue his partnership with the NBC News Investigative Unit.

Joy Ann Reid, the host of Reid Report, will become MSNBC’s national correspondent across platforms, a regular contributor for MSNBC’s primetime shows, and the first dedicated reporter for NowThisNews, an MSNBC online partner.

In a statment, and MSNBC spokesperson said the move was part of MSNBC's plan to make daysing programming exclusively "news-focused." The daytime schedule also features "The Daily Rundown" and "Andrea Mitchell Reports."

Earlier this month, MSNBC registered its lowest full-day rating in nearly a decade, drawing an average of 55,000 viewers in the all-important 25- to 54-year-old demo. In January, MSNBC's daytime ratings for January were down 20 percent in total and 37 percent in the demo when compared to the previous year. In prime time, total viewership was down 23 percent, while the demo dropped by 39 percent.

MSNBC President Phil Griffin says he has been "experimenting" with new ways to regain momentum, spawning widespread speculation that he planned to make significant changes to the lineup.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/02/msnbc-cancels-ronan-farrow-reid-report-202819.html
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GFB

Re: Say Bye Bye to Roan Farrow

Postby GFB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:50 am

Who??
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 am

GFB wrote:Who??

Exactly! Never heard of him/her.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 am

Ronan Farrow.... Mia Farrow's son. He made news a little while back because his father may not be Woody Allen but rather Frank Sinatra.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:12 am

I think they had to let Ronan Farrow go because they knew their open-minded liberal consituency would cry racism if they only cancelled The Reid Report.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 am

only reason I know him is because of the name . The whole news and government industry is all intertwined with Hollywood lefties like 'farrow' and others . Many related through marriage , friendship and other ties . I remember being proud of the news in the late 60s as I'd read the paper edition of 'pravda' in the library . Course news in the USA in the late 60s may have already been messed up and I hear that it was . Think it was 'walter cronkite' that [decreed] announced that the Vietnam war was lost rather than just reporting events in Vietnam .

Houston

Postby Houston » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:44 am

making room for a new news program
"honesty in reporting" with Brian Williams
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

Return to “Your first forum”