It's 4/20 again!

Description of your first forum.
Ric

It's 4/20 again!

Postby Ric » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 am

http://news.marijuana.com/news/2015/04/ ... l&msg=fail

keith cover
It’s 420 Again! Let’s Proudly Celebrate! 0
BY KEITH STROUP ON APRIL 20, 2015 420, ACTIVISM, LEGALIZATION, MARIJUANA NEWS, NORML, UNCATEGORIZED
As Joe Cocker famously pleaded in 1969 at Woodstock, “Let’s go get stoned.”

Happy 4/20 to marijuana smokers throughout the land. Today is our annual holiday, an occasion to celebrate all things related to marijuana and marijuana smoking.

I am delighted to be spending my day at the High Times Denver Cannabis Cup, the largest of all the cannabis celebrations each April 20th, where NORML has a booth each year, and where we have the opportunity to meet and greet thousands of other marijuana aficionados. If you are in Denver, please do stop by our booth today and introduce yourself.

Legalizing marijuana is serious business, and it requires the cumulative, ongoing effort of thousands of hard-working, committed citizen-activists to end prohibition and change state and federal policies that have been in place for more than 75 years. More than 700,000 Americans continue to be arrested each year on marijuana charges, needlessly damaging the lives and careers of these otherwise law-abiding citizens who prefer to smoke marijuana when they relax in the evening, just as millions of other Americans enjoy a beer or a glass of wine when they relax. And certainly the need to stop arresting responsible marijuana smokers must remain our top priority.

But these occasional cultural celebrations, including the High Times Cannabis Cups, the Seattle Hempfest, and the Boston Freedom Rally, as well as scores of smaller celebrations all across the country, also play a valuable role in the broader legalization movement. Admittedly those elected public officials who continue to cling to their out-dated, biased anti-marijuana views will not likely be converted by these public demonstrations of popular support. But these celebrations are aimed inward, to our own culture. They remind us that, while marijuana smoking remains risky behavior legally in many states today, as smokers we are not alone, nor should we feel embarrassed or defensive about our use of marijuana. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the responsible use of marijuana and these events provide us a chance to come out-of-the-closet and stand tall and proudly proclaim our support for legalizing marijuana. They have become powerful celebrations of personal freedom.

Following 75 years of prohibition, the tens of millions of marijuana smokers in America (and tens of millions more across the globe) feel a personal connection, based on our common use of a forbidden substance, despite some personal risk to all involved. By prohibiting marijuana, the government has inadvertently created a bond of trust among all of us who smoke; they have created a community in which the definition of who belongs is whether you smoke marijuana.

As a result, these events reinforce our sense of community, and will continue long after marijuana has been legalized throughout the country. Marijuana smokers, now that we have tasted a bit of personal freedom, are not about to go back into the closet, and we will continue to find comfort in public gatherings with like-minded citizens, to celebrate marijuana.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Ric

Re: It's 4/20 again!

Postby Ric » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:48 am

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Far out, Dude!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:10 pm

8-) :idea: :ugeek:

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:11 pm

My clock says 5:11 PM.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Never even tried the stuff....

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:40 am

Me either. It's never even been on my radar.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am

I did my share back in my youth. Last time I smoked, in the early 90s, my eyes got dreadfully dry. That did it for me. Not interested in partaking any more.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:50 am

I don't really care if others use the stuff....make it legal. But that being said, I think it's foul smelling and don't even want to be in the vicinity of the stuff. One reason I don't go to many outdoor concerts.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 am

crocmommy wrote:I don't really care if others use the stuff....make it legal. But that being said, I think it's foul smelling and don't even want to be in the vicinity of the stuff. One reason I don't go to many outdoor concerts.

You are right - it does stink. So do cigarettes, pipes, and cigars................oh and too strong cologne/after shave. I don't want to be around any of them.

I remember going to a Doobie Brothers concert years ago. The excessively loud music gave me a headache but the worst part of it was some guy who was sitting near us who absolutely reeked of Irish Spring, of all things. We had to leave about 1/2 way through the concert because I was sick from the smell of that soap.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Return to “Your first forum”