The IRS lost Lois Learner's emails when her computer

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

The IRS lost Lois Learner's emails when her computer

Postby planosteve » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Title should read: The IRS lost Lois Learner's emails when her computer crashed.

The Internal Revenue Service says it has lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.

The IRS told congressional investigators Friday it cannot locate many of Lois Lerner's emails prior to 2011 because her computer crashed that year. Lerner headed the IRS division that processed applications for tax-exempt status.

The IRS acknowledged last year that agents had improperly scrutinized applications for tax-exempt status by tea party and other conservative groups.

"The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS's response to congressional inquiries," said Rep. Dave Camp, R-Mich., chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee. "There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the inspector general."

The Ways and Means Committee is one of three congressional committees investigating the IRS over its handling of tea party applications from 2010 to 2012. The Justice Department and the IRS inspector general are also investigating.

House Oversight Committee chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., is suggesting the Obama administration is being dishonest by saying these emails are lost.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Sangersteve

Re: The IRS lost Lois Learner's emails when her computer

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Sounds like a perfectly legitimate excuse, from the most corrupt administration ever to be in charge.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Houston

Postby Houston » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:28 pm

try telling an IRS auditor your info was lost due to computer crash and
see how far the excuse goes.

impound lerners computer. experts can get info...oh oh oh forgot, the computer was stolen last night.
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:32 pm

All federal govt. computers are backed up at least once. Learner is blowing smoke.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm betting you have to try really hard to completely erase an email exchange. There are at the minimum two people involved, the sender and the recipient. In seeing some of those emails the sent to list looked like a phone book for a small city.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:51 pm

So what you're telling me is that my little company backs up email accounts, but the IRS does not?

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 pm

In Texas we have some smart lawmakers.

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) asked the National Security Agency on Friday to turn over all the metadata it has collected on the email accounts of former IRS official Lois Lerner from January 2009 to April 2011. Stockman’s clever move comes hours after the tax agency apparently claimed it had lost Lerner’s emails from that same time period due to a computer glitch.
Steve Stockman

AP

“I have asked NSA Director Rogers to send me all metadata his agency has collected on Lois Lerner’s email accounts for the period which the House sought records,” Stockman said in a press release. “The metadata will establish who Lerner contacted and when, which helps investigators determine the extent of illegal activity by the IRS.”

“The claim incriminating communications were erased by a glitch conjures memories of Rose Mary Woods,” the congressman added. “Barack Obama has brought us Jimmy Carter’s economy and Richard Nixon’s excuses.”

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:41 am

To roll out that load of manure, they must really be desperate to protect someone. The only thing left now is to claim her dog ate them.
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:07 am

So B-o-B are Libs smart enough to believe this whopper ? :roll:

I am a never Hillaryite!

Chlorine Tinsley

Postby Chlorine Tinsley » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 pm

From AccountingToday.com

"However, Lerner’s computer crashed in mid-2011 and at the time IT professionals at the IRS tried to recover her files multiple times, but ultimately deemed the files to be unrecoverable. In response to the committee request, the IRS said it had searched through other sources where the email could be stored and produced much of it, although backup tapes from 2011 no longer exist because they have been recycled"

My Questions:
a. Do IT people still use "tapes"? I thought everyone had moved to "RAID" multiple backup systems.
b. Already recycled 2011 tapes? IRS requires you and I to retain all records a minimum of 3 yrs.
Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:43 pm

RAID is a set of Disk Drive Data Protection Schemes.

Most stuff is still backed up on Tape this days.

No ones believes the Tapes were lost, no one.

I am a never Hillaryite!

kent

Postby kent » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I could drop my computers in a lake (like Ryan), buy a new computer, and all email would still be there. The email are on the server, not the laptop or desktop.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:41 pm

The emails aren't lost - they have been moved to Diego Garcia.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Red Oak wrote:So B-o-B are Libs smart enough to believe this whopper ? :roll:

Return to “Your first forum”