I am so tired of this ##+:

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

I am so tired of this ##+:

Postby grouchy » Thu May 28, 2015 3:06 am

For the last several weeks I wake up around this time of night. I am falsely, but I can't go back to sleep. In a couple of hours I will drift off and sleep until 6:30 when I have to get up.
Ok, rant over. Good night.

geeiabil

Re: I am so tired of this ##+:

Postby geeiabil » Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 am

What's falsely?
Tea + Water = Tea
Tea + Water + Sweetener = Sweet Tea
Any other designation is redUNdant

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 am

Once again my sloppy typing and auto-correct conspire to embarrass me.

It was supposed to say "tired".

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu May 28, 2015 6:09 am

I can certainly relate. I'm usually awake at midnight, 2 (which comes in handy because Harry gets one of his eye drops at 2), and 4. Another great thing about being self employed and working from home - I can take a nap. :)
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Thu May 28, 2015 6:18 am

I know what you're talking about, it's usually 4:30 for me, then I'm up for good.

All hail self employment, get to take naps, if the phone will shut up.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu May 28, 2015 7:52 am

Sangersteve wrote:I know what you're talking about, it's usually 4:30 for me, then I'm up for good.

That's what a business partner is for. :D

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 am

millergrovesue wrote:
Sangersteve wrote:I know what you're talking about, it's usually 4:30 for me, then I'm up for good.

Sue, I thought all your business partners did were sleep under your desk and beg for food. Now they actually answer your phone for you?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 am

Why do you have to get up at 6.30 am Grouchy? I thought you were retired...

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu May 28, 2015 10:10 am

crocmommy wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

Sue, I thought all your business partners did were sleep under your desk and beg for food. Now they actually answer your phone for you?

No, those are my bosses who sleep under the desk......on their own nice bed, thank you. My business partner is the smartest one in the building. :)

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 am

Your business partner is the one with the really good phone voice.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu May 28, 2015 11:00 am

crocmommy wrote:Your business partner is the one with the really good phone voice.

:D Yeah!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 11:06 am

millergrovesue wrote:
crocmommy wrote:Your business partner is the one with the really good phone voice.

When I call and he answers, I have to keep him on the phone for a few minutes. LOL!! He should have been a radio announcer...

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu May 28, 2015 2:56 pm

crocmommy wrote:Why do you have to get up at 6.30 am Grouchy? I thought you were retired...

I have always been an early riser. The reason for being up by 6:30 is that 3 days a week I go to Waxahachie for 2 hours for cardio-rehab. I love it. Karen also goes for physical therapy on her patella fracture.
Am not really retired, just got real tired of being away from home so much doing leasing and landman work. I will never run another crew. Some of my old clients still ask me to help them on short term "hot" projects. Am willing to do that.

I plan to go back to college this fall. I have a new dream.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 3:00 pm

grouchy wrote:
crocmommy wrote:Why do you have to get up at 6.30 am Grouchy? I thought you were retired...

I have always been an early riser. The reason for being up by 6:30 is that 3 days a week I go to Waxahachie for 2 hours for cardio-rehab. I love it. Karen also goes for physical therapy on her patella fracture.
Am not really retired, just got real tired of being away from home so much doing leasing and landman work. I will never run another crew. Some of my old clients still ask me to help them on short term "hot" projects. Am willing to do that.

Good for you to do something like that. I've never wanted to go back to school...got more than enough getting my Masters degree. But I would go back to get my teaching certificate if I ever decided to teach.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm

crocmommy wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:

When I call and he answers, I have to keep him on the phone for a few minutes. LOL!! He should have been a radio announcer...

:D :D :D

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu May 28, 2015 4:14 pm

crocmommy wrote:
grouchy wrote:

Good for you to do something like that. I've never wanted to go back to school...got more than enough getting my Masters degree. But I would go back to get my teaching certificate if I ever decided to teach.

I finished undergraduate and immediately started on an MBA in finance. Got about halfway thru and took a job that required me to spend a lot of time traveling. Oh, well. It is going to be fun to try something new. It looks like I can get it finished in 15 months.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 4:22 pm

grouchy wrote:

Good for you to do something like that. I've never wanted to go back to school...got more than enough getting my Masters degree. But I would go back to get my teaching certificate if I ever decided to teach.[/quote]
I finished undergraduate and immediately started on an MBA in finance. Got about halfway thru and took a job that required me to spend a lot of time traveling. Oh, well. It is going to be fun to try something new. It looks like I can get it finished in 15 months.[/quote]\

What field is it in? I want to do something different one day myself.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu May 28, 2015 4:22 pm

grouchy wrote:

Good for you to do something like that. I've never wanted to go back to school...got more than enough getting my Masters degree. But I would go back to get my teaching certificate if I ever decided to teach.[/quote]
I finished undergraduate and immediately started on an MBA in finance. Got about halfway thru and took a job that required me to spend a lot of time traveling. Oh, well. It is going to be fun to try something new. It looks like I can get it finished in 15 months.[/quote]\

What field is it in? I want to do something different one day myself.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu May 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Believe it or not I want to be a respiratory therapist. Big need for them and it is going to increase as more boomers like me get old. I would like to help folks.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm

grouchy wrote:Believe it or not I want to be a respiratory therapist. Big need for them and it is going to increase as more boomers like me get old. I would like to help folks.

What a great field, Grouchy. You can give so many people not only physical but emotional support. Good for you.

I got into web design, all those years ago, because my sister's web designer had gotten too busy for her. I just wanted to help her out with that one website. 16 years later I've been able to help a lot of start up companies and charitable organizations. Since we are self employed we can do whatever we want and help whomever we want with no one to answer to but ourselves and God. I love that part of my job! And I get to learn new things constantly......sometimes that's not so much fun but I know it's good for my brain. :P

Return to “Your first forum”