Just like the good old days of DD

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

Just like the good old days of DD

Postby BigTex » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 pm

If you don't like a topic, you don't have to look at it. That's why there is a "NEWTOPIC" button.

And Youtube.

crocmommy

Re: Just like the good old days of DD

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Yes, I know that. And many times on the DD there were also WAY too many topics I was tired of seeing. :(

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:31 pm

ME , I only go to message boards to read , learn about 'current events ' and to become informed on different points of view . I also report on some current event that others have failed to take notice of .

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:38 pm

I always thought the old DD had lots of topics I could join in...if there was not...I would make one. :D

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:39 pm

MESSAGE BOARDS , its sorta like ' Wahlstroms coffee shop ' was 30 - 50 years ago , stop in , drink coffee , have a smoke , discuss where the country seems to be headed , talk about local events but then they started getting rid of coffee shops and Gov mandated no smoking laws were passed . Now its Starbucks where all the hipsters try to impress the girls or boys or both .

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Ralph...news stories are great. But there are plenty of other news stories besides the confederate flag and politics. No one brings up sports here which I think is odd for a place with a bunch of guys. I like to read and talk about sports. And I like to talk about local news. I'd rather contribute than bring things up, but I'll try to start a topic or two. If it gets ignored in favor of the flag and politics threads, I'll be disappointed...we'll see.

Jim Jack

Postby Jim Jack » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 pm

crocmommy wrote:Ralph...news stories are great. But there are plenty of other news stories besides the confederate flag and politics. No one brings up sports here which I think is odd for a place with a bunch of guys. I like to read and talk about sports. And I like to talk about local news. I'd rather contribute than bring things up, but I'll try to start a topic or two. If it gets ignored in favor of the flag and politics threads, I'll be disappointed...we'll see.

Agreed.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:12 am

If new people, or old people, don't post new topics you get the same ol' same ol'. It's everyone's job to contribute. That's what makes a board successful. Ya can't just sit on the couch and hope the rest of the people in the room bring up a topic you like. Ya have to initiate too. :)
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Return to “Your first forum”