Sunni insurgents capture stinger missles

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Sunni insurgents capture stinger missles

Postby planosteve » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:16 pm

U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

It is possible that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters acquired them from army bases they have taken over in recent days, the sources said.

The Stinger missile is a shoulder-fired surface-to-air weapon that is used against aircraft.

As ISIS forces have advanced through Iraq, concerns have increased that more U.S.-made weaponry could fall into the hands of the radical group.

Iraqi intelligence officials said ISIS fighters managed to take control of two big weapons depots late last week holding some 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were quickly sent to Syria in order to help the group's comrades there, they said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/16 ... cials-say/
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Bob Of Burleson

Re: Sunni insurgents capture stinger missles

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Obviously, the rebels in Ukraine have ground-to-air missiles at the rate they're shooting down government helicopters and transport planes.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:02 am

Bob Of Burleson wrote:Obviously, the rebels in Ukraine have ground-to-air missiles at the rate they're shooting down government helicopters and transport planes.
Well, sorta. But, the govt. is the rebels that we helped to overthrow the legitimate govt. of the Ukraine. The "rebels" are the ones that consider that govt. illegitimate.

Houston

Postby Houston » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:58 am

so why with our technology do we not develop weapons with a chip (or something) which can be
made inoperable via satellite radio signals?
Four boxes keep us free:
the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
"You will never accomplish gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens"
Ronald Reagan

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:59 am

Hard to tell the rebels without a scorecard.

:D

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:20 am

planosteve wrote:U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

It is possible that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters acquired them from army bases they have taken over in recent days, the sources said.

The Stinger missile is a shoulder-fired surface-to-air weapon that is used against aircraft.

As ISIS forces have advanced through Iraq, concerns have increased that more U.S.-made weaponry could fall into the hands of the radical group.

Iraqi intelligence officials said ISIS fighters managed to take control of two big weapons depots late last week holding some 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were quickly sent to Syria in order to help the group's comrades there, they said.

So..this would be GOOD news for you?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 am

GFB wrote:
planosteve wrote:U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

Too early to tell. If it keeps us from going back to Iraq and throwing even more lives away, it's good. If not, it's bad.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:21 am

planosteve wrote:
GFB wrote:

Too early to tell. If it keeps us from going back to Iraq and throwing even more lives away, it's good. If not, it's bad.

..and if this simply becomes a regional war of Sunnis vs Shiites..which side will you be cheering for...(I know it's tough..but you're going to have to choose)
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:43 am

..and if this simply becomes a regional war of Sunnis vs Shiites..which side will you be cheering for...(I know it's tough..but you're going to have to choose)

The Sunni/Shite war has been going on since Mohammad died. This is just a skirmish. I could care less who wins.

Return to “Your first forum”