Really bad breath!

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

Really bad breath!

Postby grouchy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:29 am

The girls roamed out into the north pasture about 30 minutes ago. Izzie jumped up on the glider for some ear scratching. Her breath is terrible. I checked Duchess and Sadie, same thing. They obviously found a dead critter of some sort. I wonder if I can teach them how to gargle?

millergrovesue

Re: Really bad breath!

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:10 am

How can we love critters with such disgusting behaviors? Oh, and we love our dogs too. :lol:

Strong skunk smell in the air when the doggies and I went outside at 6. Fortunately it's gone now.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:11 am

Our dog got sprayed by a skunk once.
Cleaning it up was the worst job I've ever had to do.
The dog catcher told me to rub it down with lemon extract. It worked, but at $3 per small bottle it cost a bunch to do it.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:13 am

My experience has been the only thing that works for skunk spraying is time. But, I never tried bottled lemon juice. I think I've tried everything else though.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:18 am

millergrovesue wrote:My experience has been the only thing that works for skunk spraying is time. But, I never tried bottled lemon juice. I think I've tried everything else though.

Lemon extract, not juice.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 am

Tomato juice lowers the smell but darn sure doesn't remove it.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:27 am

grouchy wrote:Tomato juice lowers the smell but darn sure doesn't remove it.

Amen to that. Other things that don't really work - hydrogen peroxide and shampoo, biological skunk smell removal products, multiple baths, lemon juice (thanks for the correction about extract - hope I never have to need it),vinegar, or shampooing carpets. We did, at one time, have the house treated with an ozone machine. That worked but we had to be gone for more than 24 hours..........and it couldn't be done to the dogs.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 am

They headed out towards the tank a little while ago. I followed them, found remains of a possum. I will keep the girls in this afternoon and hope a blizzard cleans it up.

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:54 am

grouchy wrote:They headed out towards the tank a little while ago. I followed them, found remains of a possum. I will keep the girls in this afternoon and hope a blizzard cleans it up.

Blizzard?
Buzzard?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:33 am

Poor Grouchy, auto correct strikes again...............or perhaps DQ has started delivery and Sarah Brightman brings with her personally named cruciferous vegetables. :P :P :P

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:23 pm

I've never had to deal with these things with my cats! More evidence of the superiority of cats. I did have to make an emergency vet run a 2 in the morning just before Cassie became a permanently indoor cat. Seems neutering will not turn a total bada** Tom into a sweet lil kitty.

Well, back to the dogs. Anyone fostered pups for a shelter? I'm thinking about it. We have a dog run (from the previous owners...VERY nice). But, I wonder how I would handle giving them up. I can't afford the adoption fee for even one...nor would my wife tolerate it for a moment. Any thoughts or experiences. I haven't had a dog in about 25 years or so. This is really such a good solution.

Thoughts please.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:03 pm

millergrovesue wrote:Poor Grouchy, auto correct strikes again...............or perhaps DQ has started delivery and Sarah Brightman brings with her personally named cruciferous vegetables. :P :P :P

I really need to start using preview.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:I've never had to deal with these things with my cats! More evidence of the superiority of cats. I did have to make an emergency vet run a 2 in the morning just before Cassie became a permanently indoor cat. Seems neutering will not turn a total bada** Tom into a sweet lil kitty.

Well, back to the dogs. Anyone fostered pups for a shelter? I'm thinking about it. We have a dog run (from the previous owners...VERY nice). But, I wonder how I would handle giving them up. I can't afford the adoption fee for even one...nor would my wife tolerate it for a moment. Any thoughts or experiences. I haven't had a dog in about 25 years or so. This is really such a good solution.

Thoughts please.

I haven't for exactly that reason. I get too attached too quickly. I'd wind up with 10 dogs, I just know it.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:11 am

Castle Doctrine wrote:I've never had to deal with these things with my cats! More evidence of the superiority of cats. I did have to make an emergency vet run a 2 in the morning just before Cassie became a permanently indoor cat. Seems neutering will not turn a total bada** Tom into a sweet lil kitty.

Thoughts please.

Aren't cats those critters that cough up hairballs?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:25 am

millergrovesue wrote:Poor Grouchy, auto correct strikes again...............or perhaps DQ has started delivery and Sarah Brightman brings with her personally named cruciferous vegetables. :P :P :P

I look forward to Grouchy's autocorrect posts now. :D

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:58 am

Yes, they are highly entertaining!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 am

jellowrestling wrote:

Thoughts please.

Aren't cats those critters that cough up hairballs?

I used to help clean rescue cages. I was always glad to see them get homes. I think if you looked at it that way, you could deal with it. There is no way you could keep enough of them to really help....working with rescue is much more effective in saving them.

PlanoSooner

Postby PlanoSooner » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:30 pm

bro-in-law dumped a deer carcass once and the dogs found it.
bad breath and throwing up for days.

we have a tractor with a bucket..... 5 minutes and it would have been buried.

smh
Better Ingredients..... Better Moderators....

Return to “Your first forum”