NAACP wants to sand blast Stone Mountain

Description of your first forum.
Castle Doctrine

Re: NAACP wants to sand blast Stone Mountain

Postby Castle Doctrine » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:
GFB wrote:Lack of succinctness..worthy of ignoring.

You are so engaging I couldn't possibly ignore you. But, I will try to keep it simple for you and in smaller chunks.

I've been to several places in Asia. Totally unimpressed. Full of Asians. I did like the China Fleet Club in Hong Kong.

If your goal is to impress GFB with your worldliness, you're going to have to try a lot harder than that. And "simple" isn't the issue: concise and coherent is what he's looking for.

This has been a public service of a non-attorney spokesperson.

Actually, he had been attempting to impress me with his...I just wanted him to know I wasn't impressed...considering what I did for 24 years why would I be? Why would I care one way or the other what an inarticulate Internet troll like GfB thought of me or if that creature was impressed with me? However, I did really like the China Fleet Club in Hong Kong...that is the RNs O Club in Hong Kong. I have fond memories of twenty-five cent Heinekens. It was the only time I have ever been in a traditional English Gentlemen's Club (no dancers). Very posh, very civilized, very proper...cheap quality beer.

No, GfB wants simple. Actually, he just wants agreement. Complex agreement wouldn't bother him at all. The whole "I don't read long posts" gag is just a way to excuse not knowing what he is talking about...or an admission he is ADD (or whatever). The problem here is that you guys that all agree can be very, very brief in agreement. For example:
"All Liberals are serial liars."

Saying "Yep, Iron on target." is easy. It is really just brief and superficial rather than actually concise.

Saying "No they aren't. Here let me explain why you are wrong." requires considerably more thinking and composition. No matter how "concise" your rebuttal may be it is NOT going to be the brief statement of agreement that GfB wants. As far as coherence goes, I believe my posts are all coherent and well composed. The claim that they aren't is just another typical ad hominem attack ignoring the substance of the point. It may be that coherence doesn't mean what you think it means. You know, there is no requirement for an argument to agree with you in order for it to be coherent. If GfB is having trouble understanding my statements I would say the problem is more with him than me. I won't dumb down my statements for the comfort of Conservatives.

It was thoughtful of you to speak for GfB...but you are way off target and out of your depth here. Still, I respect the effort.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 pm

GFB has no problem understanding your posts..he just has an ability to assess quickly who or what is worth his time,
and what is not.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:44 pm

'colorado' ehh , guy is probably a doper !!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:51 am

GFB wrote:GFB has no problem understanding your posts..he just has an ability to assess quickly who or what is worth his time,
and what is not.

A useful skill. I have wandered through several tedious meanderings (or meandered through several tedious wanderings; haven't completely decided), to my regret.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:53 pm

ralph wrote:'colorado' ehh , guy is probably a doper !!

Yes, Ralph, Colorado. But, I am not a "doper". I'm not even much of a drinker. I have been to a retail shop just out of curiosity...before the ground opens up and swallows us all. No big deal. You know, it is local option like alcohol used to be in Texas. They used to have regular elections trying to overturn it. Remember all the bumper stickers in church parking lots that read "For the sake of my liquor store in South Dallas I will vote dry." Prohibition is dumb regardless of what you are prohibiting.

Anyway, we don't have retail in El Paso County...only medical. I don't see much real difference here from anywhere else except...I hardly ever see the police searching anyone's car. Once in a while, every six or seven weeks, I will see a search. A lot less friction and tension between citizens and the police here.

I'm curious, have I done or said anything that makes you think I am a "doper" or are you just riffing on Colorado?

Return to “Your first forum”