My prediction on who will be our next President

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: My prediction on who will be our next President

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:This is a very interesting bit of discussion. How do you "true" conservatives explain the recent poll that finds the Republican voters find it TWICE as important as ELECTABLITY that the candidate holds exactly the same beliefs as they do. In other words, ideological purity is far more important than electability.

It seems to me that this effect is on display right here. Look at the response to Sue's comment. Lack of ideological purity leads to scorn (it could also lead to election but, hey). What is happening here is a display of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of the conservative sort. And you thought it was just Lefties plagued by an over-abundance of unthinking, kneejerk reactions. I actually have come to feel the conservative brand is more vile and vehement...mostly from reading posts here.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijack the thread. Please continue the discussion of how will not be elected in the National election. It is sort of cute...like a team with no hope of ever winning a game talking big about what they are going to do to win. They aren't going to and neither is anyone the Republican Party is able to nominate. Not to say they don't have potential winners...they just can never nominate them.

I always love it when the hard core Lefties try to explain to the conservatives/Republicans what they have to do to win.

I don't think you understood my post. I was not attempting to explain to Conservatives anything...especially how to be competitive in a National election. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was responsible for an outbreak of reasonable thought on the Right.

No, I was just commenting on the thread generally and the intellectual dysfunction on the Right. It was such an excellent example of Conservative Political Correctness I just wanted to point it out. I suppose I was a bit tired of hearing Political Correctness attributed exclusively to the Liberals. Oh yeah, I am not a "hardcore leftie" by any standard. Well, any reasonable standard, anyway.

I understand I am not held in high esteem here so if you need to name call to feel empowered please feel free. But, do try to be creative...hardcore leftie is so tired.

Everyone gets your post.

Equating Conservative core principles with political correctness is just silly.

Political correctness is liberal groups telling all of us how to think..if we don't think that way..we're haters.

And what they want us to think is based on nothing in history..nothing in nature..and nothing in the traditions of our country.

Conservativism is based on our Founding Fathers, the Constitution, and traditions that no credible person ever believed would be assaulted..until recent years.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm

GFB wrote:
Conservativism is based on our Founding Fathers, the Constitution, and traditions that no credible person ever believed would be assaulted..until recent years.

The current Democrat party platform aligns perfectly with the Communist Manifesto.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Mark wrote:
GFB wrote:

The current Democrat party platform aligns perfectly with the Communist Manifesto.
Yeah, it's been since 1848 and the Workers of the World still haven't united. When are they going to give it up!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:30 pm

I don't think you understood my post. I was not attempting to explain to Conservatives anything...especially how to be competitive in a National election. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was responsible for an outbreak of reasonable thought on the Right.

No, I was just commenting on the thread generally and the intellectual dysfunction on the Right. It was such an excellent example of Conservative Political Correctness I just wanted to point it out. I suppose I was a bit tired of hearing Political Correctness attributed exclusively to the Liberals. Oh yeah, I am not a "hardcore leftie" by any standard. Well, any reasonable standard, anyway.

I understand I am not held in high esteem here so if you need to name call to feel empowered please feel free. But, do try to be creative...hardcore leftie is so tired.[/quote]

Why don't you want to own it the same way Bernie Sanders does? Are you ashamed to be a hard core lefty?[/quote]

Because I am not a hard core leftie. Why don't you stow the meaningless name calling and craft a meaningful response with some substance?

I always feel like this type of response is evidence you have no serious response to my points. But, please, if you really enjoy the mental self-gratification, don't let reason or civility to deter you. I have come to expect much worse from folks like yu.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:12 pm

He is a F'in troll nut job Greg, that is all you need to known.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Red Oak wrote:He is a F'in troll nut job Greg, that is all you need to known.

No I am not a TROLL...whatever you mean by that. The fact that I take issue with the paleo-conservative rubbish around here does not make me a troll. You don't like what I say...refute it with substance. Name calling proves nothing about me or my position...only about you and your absence of civility and lack of knowledge.

Grow up child...act like you had a pair.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:05 pm

millergrovesue wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:It seems to me that this effect is on display right here. Look at the response to Sue's comment. Lack of ideological purity leads to scorn (it could also lead to election but, hey). What is happening here is a display of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of the conservative sort. And you thought it was just Lefties plagued by an over-abundance of unthinking, kneejerk reactions. I actually have come to feel the conservative brand is more vile and vehement...mostly from reading posts here.

The intolerance for any opinion other than their lockstep narrow one seems to be a hallmark of many of the men on this board. The derision is exactly as you said CD. That I would be ridiculed and laughed at for simply stating my opinion is a great example of the kind of intolerance that drives people away and loses elections.

And more and more I'm coming to a similar conclusion to yours, CD, that there is far too much vileness and vehemence in the ultra conservative branch of the Republican party. That's not the attitude I want from my president...............hell, or anyone else for that matter.

You are missing some pages from your DNC talking points. You forgot to add that we want to starve children and deny seniors their prescription medicines.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:47 pm

got nothing to do with intolerance or being laughed at you delicate flowers . No one is censoring anyone , seems like there is just disagreement in opinions and points of view . Isn't that what message boards are for ??

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 pm

If he could collect his thoughts, and post them one concise thought at a time..I will refute everything he says.

I don't care to peruse aimless rambling.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:24 am

GFB wrote:

If he could collect his thoughts, and post them one concise thought at a time..I will refute everything he says.

I don't care to peruse aimless rambling.

No you won't. You are making excuses for your own lack of reasoning ability and communication skills.

Or maybe YOU are just a troll. You never post any real content...just rude comments, self aggrandizing asides and insults...oh yeah, and excuses for why you never do anything else. If it weren't for RO you would easily qualify as the least substantive poster here (based on only my experience).

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:39 am

stop the pettiness please

It'll be interesting to see if plano got the candidates correct
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 am

GFB wrote:
It seems to me that this effect is on display right here. Look at the response to Sue's comment. Lack of ideological purity leads to scorn (it could also lead to election but, hey). What is happening here is a display of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS of the conservative sort. And you thought it was just Lefties plagued by an over-abundance of unthinking, kneejerk reactions. I actually have come to feel the conservative brand is more vile and vehement...mostly from reading posts here.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijack the thread. Please continue the discussion of how will not be elected in the National election. It is sort of cute...like a team with no hope of ever winning a game talking big about what they are going to do to win. They aren't going to and neither is anyone the Republican Party is able to nominate. Not to say they don't have potential winners...they just can never nominate them.

I always love it when the hard core Lefties try to explain to the conservatives/Republicans what they have to do to win.[/quote]

I understand I am not held in high esteem here so if you need to name call to feel empowered please feel free. But, do try to be creative...hardcore leftie is so tired.[/quote]

Everyone gets your post.

I realize you are one of the board bullies here but when did everyone agree to let you speak for them?

Equating Conservative core principles with political correctness is just silly.

I said nothing about Conservative principle of any sort. Conservative Political Correctness certainly isn't based on any sort of values at all. I haven't got it all figured out yet but certainly ideological purity is an element...much like with Liberal PC.

Political correctness is liberal groups telling all of us how to think..if we don't think that way..we're haters.

What you think of as PC and accuse Liberals of (with some justification) is just a milder version of Conservative PC. They tell you how they think you should think and, yes, may label you "haters" for failing to agree with them. On the other hand, Conservative PC is very concerned with tell others (particularly Liberals) how they can ACT...and jailing, expelling or killing who they don't believe is in proper compliance.

And what they want us to think is based on nothing in history..nothing in nature..and nothing in the traditions of our country.

Well, I'm not entirely sure that is true anywhere but in your mind. Liberal core values spring from many sources...including your New Testament. Are you saying that justice and equality are not American traditions?

Conservativism is based on our Founding Fathers, the Constitution, and traditions that no credible person ever believed would be assaulted..until recent years.[/quote]

What ever Conservatism may be based on it isn't the same thing as the Conservative Political Correctness that has sprung up in the last couple of decades. Interestingly, one of the aspects of Conservative PC I have noticed is this appeal to the Founding Fathers, the Constitution (at least the parts you don't disagree with) and tradition. But, when the Right decided that compromise was for fools and it was necessary to hate anyone who disagreed with you...well, they sort of forfeited any legit appeal to those things. But, you can still fall back on religion...just not Catholicism.

I hope that was easier for you to follow...and I do thank you for the attempted reply. Far more complex and coherent BS than your usual.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:50 am

There is a definite push now to promote Biden. Hillary is going down. But, she Is still outpolling the top Republicans head to head. Especially Trump.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

If its Biden or Hillary my prediction is a Republican wins.

kent

Postby kent » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:02 am

Hillary will win. Only hope republicans have is to nominate Trump. Isn't that crazy?!?! The only way Hilary would lose would be for Obama to run for a third term.

Cruz can't win. You can't win saying "I'll abolish the IRS and Do away with welfare." Oh yeah, that will work. That won't have an effect on our economy.

Jeb? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, another Bush would get elected. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. The MSM and all the talking heads like Jon Stewart would have a field day. Same as they have with Cruz.

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:06 am

Check out CD's last post.

He thought he was arguing with me.

He's arguing with his own post.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 am

I seems across the spectrum from left to right; voters are tired of the establishment; so if this trend holds we may get a Populist;
Which might not be a bad thing.

But over coming the entrenched establishment will be a Herculean task.

I am a never Hillaryite!

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:14 am

GFB wrote:Check out CD's last post.

looks like a literary version of penrose stairs

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:15 am

Biden is a smoke screen, just like Bernie Sanders. It keeps the attention off Hillary.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:39 am

GFB wrote:Check out CD's last post.

I admit that I did a poor job of editing the quotes I included. I think I fouled up the quote markers somehow.

Try to focus on the highlighted comments that are responses to yours immediately above them. I really was trying to make it easier for you to follow since you complained about having trouble following my posts.

I do note that you managed to avoid any substantive or germane comment electing to using ridicule and insult in lieu of reason and discussion. And I gave you credit for a thoughtful but flawed comment...my mistake, flawed but apparently not thoughtful.

Return to “Your first forum”