ServerGate Begins

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

ServerGate Begins

Postby planosteve » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:16 am

Hillary Clinton has asked her staff to hand over her homemade email server to the Justice Department, her campaign said Tuesday night — just hours after an independent government watchdog said she had at least two “top secret” emails on her unsecured network.

Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill told reporters that Clinton “directed her team to give her email server that was used during her tenure as secretary to the Department of Justice, as well as a thumb drive containing copies of her emails already provided to the State Department.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/congress-told-hillary-clinton-had-top-secret-emails-121277.html#ixzz3iav7AYAK
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

BigTex

Re: ServerGate Begins

Postby BigTex » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:47 am

How long has it been since this story first broke? Six months? More?

Surely nobody has tinkered with the server during that time.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:02 am

It's hard to remember a time when the Clintons weren't involved in some kind of scandal or controversy. Somehow, they always seem to survive.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:23 am

planosteve wrote:It's hard to remember a time when the Clintons weren't involved in some kind of scandal or controversy. Somehow, they always seem to survive.

Yep, and that's a problem. As we've said before, they always skate.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:40 am

Latest poll from Boston shows Bernie is now outpointing Hill.

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:43 am

Wanna be Huma or Cheryl Mills winds up under the bus for something?

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:53 am

Cowman52 wrote:Wanna be Huma or Cheryl Mills winds up under the bus for something?

Probably not Huma. She has enough info to bury the Clintons.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:10 am

You can't bury the Clintons.

She just becomes a disgruntled ex-employee.

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:39 am

BigTex wrote:You can't bury the Clintons.

She just becomes a disgruntled ex-employee.

I don't believe the Clintons are all that fire-proof.
I think Clinton would have gone to jail for Chinagate and/or the Marc Rich pardon, if G.W. Bush hadn't let him off the hook.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 am

Has anyone thought about the fact that if Huma went by her married name it would be Huma Weiner?

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:19 pm

BigTex wrote:Has anyone thought about the fact that if Huma went by her married name it would be Huma Weiner?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Secrecy is the handmaiden of tyranny. I don't recall who first said that but I think it is relevant. But, before I go further I will stipulate that it appears she may have mishandled classified material. In all probability it was inadvertent but there is no exception in the law for that as far as I know. Now, if you would be so kind as to focus on what I am about to say it would be appreciated.

We classify entirely TOO much information in this country. While it is not that unusual to see a lot of secrecy in mature bureaucracies such as ours we have completely lost it about secrets. When I was in OCS we had a classified document (Confidential) we were responsible for. It was an exercise to teach us to treat classified materials with due respect. At the time, classified material was not so prevalent as it is now. I once saw the Chief Eng have to dig through a dumpster because one of his people put classified material in the wrong can. My point is that I have a background of understanding classified material and a history of respect for it.

But, today, we classify damn near everything. The standards have reached the point that the very TSA regulations we must comply with are classified. That is a neat way to avoid complaints about abuse of authority. In Iran, the old U S Embassy is now a museum. One of the displays is a large number of CLASSIFIED documents which purport to prove the US was engaging in espionage from the Embassy. Some of these are requisitions for supplies for the motor pool. Why would that be classified? I think the real answer is that they crossed the desk of someone with the power to classify them on a whim and he had a whim.

My point here is that, civilians especially, have a kneejerk reaction to the term "classified" that give it far more significance than it really merits casually. Secrecy has become a fetish with our government...and military. This is NOT good for us as a national. Did anyone look at the classified document dump from Snowden? You should, the vast majority of them are mundane administrative crap. The vast majority of EVERYTHING classified today is either mundane crap of the same ilk or things that actually should be public...like TSA's operational rules and regulations (including justifications).

I offer this simply for perspective and to reassure those that fear there was really a security breach. This is mostly minor administrative errors. And about that Top Secret claim, try to keep in mind that the national media (we used to say Time) ignores leaked documents classified below TS. Anyway, enjoy your latest scandal but don't worry about the Terrorists taking us down because of anything on that server...Hell, we are doing just fine without them.

Now, please continue to babble happily about how you have Hillary NOW! But, remember, you really don't.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:17 pm

I think the relevant fact here is that Hillary lied when she claimed no classified info on the server. Either that or she was not aware that it was classified. I don't know which is worse. Either way, not a very good thing when your trying to convince people that you should be the next president.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm

The Clinton's could get away with murder, and maybe they have ?

I am a never Hillaryite!

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Red Oak wrote:The Clinton's could get away with murder, and maybe they have ?

Do you remember the list of over 100 people who had crossed the Clintons and had met untimely deaths?
I haven't seen or heard of it in a long time but it made the rounds when Clinton was in office.

I knew a guy who worked in the Arkansas governors mansion when Clinton lived there. He said Clinton was very nice to him but Hillary was a total witch.
All the books I've read by retired Secret Service said the same thing.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:48 pm

My wife worked with a couple that went to the same Church that the Clintoons attended in Little Rock when Bill was Governor; after Bill started his presidential run they warned us about the Circus that was about to start. I distinctly remember them telling us Hillary stories; they called her the Evil Queen. ;)

I am a never Hillaryite!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:49 pm

To quote Hillary once again "What difference, at this point, does it make?" I don't think the Clintons will be held accountable until they are facing God. Would LOVE to see justice on Earth but I don't think it will happen.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Red Oak wrote:My wife worked with a couple that went to the same Church that the Clintoons attended in Little Rock when Bill was Governor; after Bill started his presidential run they warned us about the Circus that was about to start. I distinctly remember them telling us Hillary stories; they called her the Evil Queen. ;)

And they called him the Stiff.......................uh, well maybe I shouldn't post that here..................but it starts with an M and rhymes with December. 8-)

BillB

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:55 pm

millergrovesue wrote:To quote Hillary once again "What difference, at this point, does it make?" I don't think the Clintons will be held accountable until they are facing God. Would LOVE to see justice on Earth but I don't think it will happen.

I think that has become one of those truisms that isn't necessarily true.
All it takes is a DoJ to seek an indictment and a jury to convict.
Bush, when he entered office, had Clinton by the scruff of the neck and let him go. He didn't have to. I never forgave him for it.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:32 pm

The DOJ is a political arm of the Obamanation; they may use to seizure to sanitized and cover up the scandal; or to knock out Hillary in favor of their candidate (Warren?), but you can bet your last dollar the pursuit of Justice is not their objective.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Return to “Your first forum”