OLATHE CORN!

Description of your first forum.
ann jusko

OLATHE CORN!

Postby ann jusko » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:23 am

I had to go to the doctor this morning and her office is very close to Kroger. I stopped at the car wash to pick up a couple funny cards for the angel neighbor of my brother. Of course he didn't listen to his wife! He finally went when his urine turned black. He's in ICU and they believe it's Lyme disease. While I knew it, his wife said "Only funny cards!"

On to Kroger but they weren't roasting the Hatch peppers till 4 pm. So I picked up the Olathe corn on the cob. 10 for $2 are you kidding me? That's the best corn ever! Hubs will go and get some when he takes the cards to the post office. I want to make a peach cobbler this afternoon so had to settle for HagenDas (sp?) ice cream.

millergrovesue

Re: OLATHE CORN!

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 am

I've never heard of it. Is it a bi-color corn?
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:07 pm

millergrovesue wrote:I've never heard of it. Is it a bi-color corn?

It is a sweet corn but appearance-wise it is indistinguishable from other corns. I believe the name refers to where it is grown...much like Vidalia onions,

I roasted some Sunday. It is great for roasting on the grill. It is very sweet and quite tender after roasting. Well, worth the time and effort...but not really in the same class as Vidalia Onions, they really are something special.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Apparently from Colorado.

Brings to mind the question typewriter or round and round? For me it's typewriter.

My engineer spouse, who is a round and round guy, can tell you how many rows and how many kernels to a row. I never bothered counting but then I'm dreadfully right brained.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:43 pm

millergrovesue wrote:Apparently from Colorado.

Brings to mind the question typewriter or round and round? For me it's typewriter.

My engineer spouse, who is a round and round guy, can tell you how many rows and how many kernels to a row. I never bothered counting but then I'm dreadfully right brained.

Yep. And we are just seeing the first harvest here. I bought mine at the weekly farmers market here in Fountain.

I believe I would qualify as a typewriter sort. Round and Round just seems wrong.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:Yep. And we are just seeing the first harvest here. I bought mine at the weekly farmers market here in Fountain.

I believe I would qualify as a typewriter sort. Round and Round just seems wrong.

Does to me too but Bob thinks my way of eating is weird.

Wow, your Olathe must be REALLY fresh. Is that an area near you? I had to look it up to see where it came from.

Return to “Your first forum”