White Beef Jerky

Description of your first forum.
Red Oak

White Beef Jerky

Postby Red Oak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Mrs. Red Oak: Do you remember that white beefy jerky we had ?

Me: I don't remember any white beef jerky ?

Mrs. Red Oak: No the beef jerky ?

Me: I ate some last week, but it wasn't white

Mrs. Red Oak: No the white beef jerky car we used to have

Me: What in the heck are you talking about, a jerky car ?

Mrs. Red Oak: Listen to me your deaf old fart... DO YOU REMEMBER THE WHITE JEEP CHEROKEE WE OWNED ?

Me: Oh yea the 79 model ? Yes I remember it.

Mrs. Red Oak: I found the owners manual for it, can I throw it away ?

Me: A owners manual for a canary ? We never had any canaries ?

Mrs. Red Oak: I am going to make you go and get hearing aides !

Me: You want me to get what kind of eggs ? I think we have a dozen or in the refrigerator.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Re: White Beef Jerky

Postby GFB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Happens all day long at my house!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:42 pm

I have trouble understanding the voices of women and children; the nerves in the ear that detect those ranges are plumb wore out. ;)

I am a never Hillaryite!

MikeyDavis

Postby MikeyDavis » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Old Bloom County Cartoon that I remembered when I read your post.

http://www.gocomics.com/bloomcounty/2009/02/24

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Red Oak wrote:I have trouble understanding the voices of women and children; the nerves in the ear that detect those ranges are plumb wore out. ;)

I resemble that...

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:16 am

I had foot surgery about 2 weeks ago. When the big cast came off, they put a smaller one on and a boot. Tons of things not to do, and they reiterated over and over was "Don't get it wet!" But the "do" instruction was to put ice on it 3 times a day. So, I was in the computer room with an ice bag on it. I suddenly realized "That's not just cold, it's wet!" I started trying to get the boot off and couldn't find the end of two Velcro straps. I'm calling my husband in a panic. He was in his man cave watching TV and didn't hear me. I finally yelled "HELP!" as loud as I could. The Great Pyrenees started barking (like he could help) and finally ran in, got in Steve's face and barked frantically. It had gotten wet a little by the time he got it off so he put the fan on high and I had my foot and the boot in front of it. I *think* it will be OK since both the cast and the boot finally dried out about 1 AM. I now have to keep my cell phone on me at all times and he needs to go for a hearing test! (like that'll happen)

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:50 am

There is no greater denial than that of those who are losing their hearing. Bob has hearing problems also and has had for years. I have gradually adapted to it by speaking louder. My sister is constantly telling me to lower my voice when we are visiting on the phone.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:54 am

millergrovesue wrote:There is no greater denial than that of those who are losing their hearing. Bob has hearing problems also and has had for years. I have gradually adapted to it by speaking louder. My sister is constantly telling me to lower my voice when we are visiting on the phone.

I'd say hearing loss is the only "disability" in which people get angry at you for having it.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Sue, I'm pretty certain all Air Force and those who worked closely with them, have hearing loss. Or at least the ones who flew Air Force planes a lot. They are really, really noisy. It is almost comical (if not so sad) when we're sitting with 3 or 4 couples and the fellows are conversing, or trying to converse. But the only time I've seen 14 people sitting at a round table and every one heard everything, was in Salt Lake City. We were at a rooftop restaurant in the Charles Smith Building. The Mormons have acoustics down pat. In the temple, there are no microphones. Can you imagine that huge temple and you can hear a pin drop way in the back. It is a huge buffet and one fellow was getting prime rib. He said "I felt like I was on a dais. Every sound was so distinct."

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:29 pm

He flew but only for a short time. He didn't like flying. Go figure. He wound up being a communications engineer. Yes, he thinks his hearing loss comes from that and from guns shot during childhood and Air Force training.

No, I can't imagine being in a large room with that many people and being able to hear that well. Must have been amazing.

On the flip side I've always had "dog ears". Even with tinnitus I can sit in the living room and hear Bob's oatmeal water boiling 25ish feet away. That's why I have a white noise machine in my bedroom.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

Return to “Your first forum”