A question for the ladies

Description of your first forum.
millergrovesue

Re: A question for the ladies

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 am

BillB wrote:What do you wear to funerals?

I wore black jeans, black tennies, and a dressy top to my Dad's memorial service. If I showed up anywhere in front of my family in a dress they would probably collectively pass out. They are just now recovering from the news that I bought a car and not another truck. :)
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 am

BillB wrote:
GFB wrote:
People dressed nicely..dress shirts with slacks..but no suits or ties.

Do the pallbearers also not wear suits and ties?

What we went to a year ago was a memorial.

Whatever service there was, was private..and I think that's common.

I realize now I've never been to an actual funeral..have never seen pall bearers, only in the movies.

..so, I'm not sure.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:44 am

I hardly ever wear dresses anymore BUT have "discovered" the wonderful, cool, long skirts. I love them because they are cool in the summer and warm (depending on the fabric, of course) in the winter and look good with boots. Trips to Rhode Island in winter are a different matter. Always pants and most times Cuddl's with boots. In summer, I know to wear long sleeves because if it's in the 70's, I freeze because it's usually in the high 90's or above 100 when I get on the plane. Yes, they laugh at me.

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:28 am

That reminds me of the time I flew from Bangkok to Tokyo in a military transport.
It was about 110 degrees when I left Bangkok. I was wearing short sleeved fatigues. A MSGT told me I better put on a field jacket because it would be cold.
I was about 20 and knew it all. Sweat was dripping of of me and I told him to forget it, it couldn't get that cold. It was a 7 or 8 hour trip and I almost froze to death. There wasn't any heat on the plane and it was very cold at altitude.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:34 am

ann jusko wrote:I hardly ever wear dresses anymore BUT have "discovered" the wonderful, cool, long skirts. I love them because they are cool in the summer and warm (depending on the fabric, of course) in the winter and look good with boots. Trips to Rhode Island in winter are a different matter. Always pants and most times Cuddl's with boots. In summer, I know to wear long sleeves because if it's in the 70's, I freeze because it's usually in the high 90's or above 100 when I get on the plane. Yes, they laugh at me.

I love long skirts down to the ankles now too. Very comfy and not binding like jeans. I've found I wear jeans less and less as I get older (and now that there is more of me to love).

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:15 pm

I wore gloves with a dress until I was about 7, I guess. After that, it was just for special Sundays, like Easter, or visiting relatives out of town. When I lived in L.A., I had a very nice pair of kidskin driving gloves that I wore frequently to keep my hands from getting too freckled. Now it's just for winter time.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:34 pm

(gulp)

Kidskin?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:42 pm

GFB wrote:(gulp)

Kidskin?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Kidskin?

Yep. Super soft.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:53 am

millergrovesue wrote:

Kidskin?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+1 :D

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:39 am

Oh gosh, I do remember them! I wish I'd thought about wearing them while driving because I have freckled hands now, for sure.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:29 pm

BigTex wrote:When did women stop wearing gloves as part of everyday attire?

Did the 60's put a stop to it?

Here in the UK gloves seem to go out of fashion as part of an outfit when hats did....probably around the 50's. By the time the 60's came mini skirts and casual day clothes were in, and only older ladies stayed with the more formal way of dressing.
Apart from when the cold weather sets in, gloves and hats are one fashion that have not made a return.

Return to “Your first forum”