Do you ever change your style?

Description of your first forum.
Zelda

Do you ever change your style?

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Do you sometimes change hairstyle and makeup....or are you still wearing the same style, colours you have always worn?

LibraryLady

Re: Do you ever change your style?

Postby LibraryLady » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 pm

I have remained true to my hair color of birth--but with a little help now. LOL
Hair Style--It has changed many times, and will again. I won't go back to long hair again. IMO, after a certain age, a woman doesn't look good with real long hair.

Clothing: I have always dressed pretty much "classical" style.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Hairstyle? Hairstyle? Hair? :D

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

LibraryLady wrote:I have remained true to my hair color of birth--but with a little help now. LOL
Hair Style--It has changed many times, and will again. I won't go back to long hair again. IMO, after a certain age, a woman doesn't look good with real long hair.

Clothing: I have always dressed pretty much "classical" style.

I'm the same with hair colour...I am dark, and nature will not win...I will stay dark till I am good and ready to be grey.
I sort of agree about long hair on an older woman...but I love mine long just so I can wear it up...which I do 99% of the time.
I dont really change my clothes style much either, just adapt it so it suits me...I do like casual in the day though....and a bit of bling on a night out, same as I always have. :)
Last edited by Zelda on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Bob Of Burleson wrote:Hairstyle? Hairstyle? Hair? :D

Are you bald Bob-O-B? 8-)

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Zelda wrote:

Bald? How offensive. I'm pleasantly nonhirsut. :D

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Bob Of Burleson wrote:
Zelda wrote:

Bald? How offensive. I'm pleasantly nonhirsut. :D

:lol:
Bald can be very nice....I'm thinking Yul Brynner, who looked far nicer nonhirsute than hirsute.

dublusk

Postby dublusk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 pm

I have a full head of hair!! Sometimes I let it grow long, sometimes, I cut it short! Wear jeans and starched western shirts almost all the time. I have no style!!

bodine

Postby bodine » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:40 pm

I think I am fashionably out of style...

Around the house, I have started wearing "Larry the Cable Guy" style shirts so I have a pocket for my readers...

While I still have lots of hair, it is rapidly turning gray...

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:09 pm

dublusk wrote:I have a full head of hair!! Sometimes I let it grow long, sometimes, I cut it short! Wear jeans and starched western shirts almost all the time. I have no style!!

Jeans never go out of fashion though...it's about the one item that anyone can wear and look good.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:14 pm

bodine wrote:I think I am fashionably out of style...

Around the house, I have started wearing "Larry the Cable Guy" style shirts so I have a pocket for my readers...

While I still have lots of hair, it is rapidly turning gray...

It's one of the unfairnesses of life that grey hair looks better on a man than a woman....unless that woman is Emmylou Harris.

dublusk

Postby dublusk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Zelda wrote:
dublusk wrote:I have a full head of hair!! Sometimes I let it grow long, sometimes, I cut it short! Wear jeans and starched western shirts almost all the time. I have no style!!

Jeans never go out of fashion though...it's about the one item that anyone can wear and look good.

To be honest, fashion is the last thing on my mind! I dress for comfort and utility! I wear cowboy boots because they are comfortable and makes it easy to find the stirrup on the horse I'm riding! Jeans wear well and last a long time and western shirts take starch well and I like them! I went to my nephew's wedding last weekend and about half the men were wearing Cowboy boots and jeans!

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:18 pm

dublusk wrote:
Zelda wrote:

To be honest, fashion is the last thing on my mind! I dress for comfort and utility! I wear cowboy boots because they are comfortable and makes it easy to find the stirrup on the horse I'm riding! Jeans wear well and last a long time and western shirts take starch well and I like them! I went to my nephew's wedding last weekend and about half the men were wearing Cowboy boots and jeans!

Thats Texas for ya Dublusk. :D

I would love to go to a wedding where the men dressed like that rather than starched white shirts and dress suits....which is more the fashion here at the minute.
Did the women dress up though? I bet they did.

Bob Of Burleson

Postby Bob Of Burleson » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Stop the presses – Gov Rick Perry Gives Up on Boots

Newsweek

And — perhaps most surprising to those who’ve paired his take-no-prisoners governing style with the image of a Western roughrider — he’s ditched his trademark cowboy boots for comfortable plain black shoes, once and for all.

“My feet are really happy now,” he said, waving a foot energetically in the air to illustrate. “And very rarely does my back bother me. It’s good.”

Texas Gov. Rick Perry Not About ‘To Ride Off Into the Sunset’

But whatever you do, Governor, please don’t mess with the hair.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:43 pm

I wear less blush these days.

I am a never Hillaryite!

dublusk

Postby dublusk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Women were dressed to the nines!! I can't/won't buy expensive clothes just to please someone else!!

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:08 pm

dublusk wrote:Women were dressed to the nines!! I can't/won't buy expensive clothes just to please someone else!!

Women love to dress up... (well most do) vive la difference.

FlashM

Postby FlashM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Only a little. Updating my eyeglass frames has been the biggest change.

When I started getting wrinkles, I laid off the sparkly eye shadow.

I've worn my hair long all my life because my husband likes it, sometimes straight; sometimes curled, depending on the trends. Sometimes I have bangs (fringe) when they're in style- like now.

Nothing drastic- how about you, Zelda?
Closing Time. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:15 pm

FlashM wrote:Only a little. Updating my eyeglass frames has been the biggest change.

When I started getting wrinkles, I laid off the sparkly eye shadow.

I've worn my hair long all my life because my husband likes it, sometimes straight; sometimes curled, depending on the trends. Sometimes I have bangs (fringe) when they're in style- like now.

Nothing drastic- how about you, Zelda?

I have sort of kept the same style I have always had, with little tweaks to allow for age. :D
Hairs still long and dark with a fringe, but mostly wore up now because it suits me better.

FlashM, my OH is about the only man I know who prefers short hair to long, I will go for a trim and he always says "get a short cut for a change"...I never do though. 8-)

dublusk

Postby dublusk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:17 pm

I do like the long hair on a woman! Just look at Emmy Lou up there!!

Return to “Your first forum”