Do you fear death ?

Description of your first forum.
Red Oak

Do you fear death ?

Postby Red Oak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:31 pm

I want to live many more years, but truthfully I have lost my fear of death. I have raised my kids and have seen them do well in life. What ever I have left is gravy.

I am a never Hillaryite!

GFB

Re: Do you fear death ?

Postby GFB » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Don't think I've ever feared death..kind of like to stave it off for a while though.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 pm

don't think that I fear Death , gonna find out I suppose .

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Not death itself, just the method worries me. I would like to live long enough for all four grandkids remember me. I don't remember my maternal grandfather at all. Grandson Poot is only 2 years old.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:07 am

I want another 5 or 6 years to spend helping the boys with their teen years. Who know, maybe someone will come up with a cure and I can make to being a really old devil.

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:26 am

Yes. I don't want to leave those I love or have them leave me. And I have doggies and equines to care for. And I'm pretty danged happy with where I am right now.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:43 am

Method is the only thing I'd fear. I don't want crunched on a highway. Years ago when I had something that usually kills people, I was at peace. But that might have been the constant morphine. But when I did make it, one of my granddaughters said "Gwannie, if you died, I'd always remember your laugh." I thought "Well ok, I'd rather be remembered for laughing with my grands than most anything else."

BillB

Postby BillB » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 am

I don't crave it but I don't fear it.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:26 am

Unless I have a wreck or accident of some sort, I know what will cause my death. There is a certain peace in that and also knowing the probable timeline.

I forgot to add jealous husbands to the accident thing.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 am

No, I do fear being a burden on my family.
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:12 pm

John in Plano wrote:No, I do fear being a burden on my family.

I agree with this.../\.

I don't fear dying at all....don't fancy suffering much though so I hope when my time is up it's quick.

Sloanmiester

Postby Sloanmiester » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:18 pm

I don't fear death. I did die in 2011 and came back. It was beautiful. Apparently God has more work for me to do.

Dancer

Postby Dancer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

No I don't. God will take me when he thinks I should go. The way I will go? That scares the Hell out of me.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Sloanmiester wrote:I don't fear death. I did die in 2011 and came back. It was beautiful. Apparently God has more work for me to do.

Thanks for sharing....good to see you here. Let us know how things are going with you.

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:52 pm

My kids are all in their 40's, grandkids from 2years to 19 years. Everyone is healthy. My own health is so-so. as they say. I'm ready, just like others, don't want to trouble the kids. Now, if I could get my older brother to care for me, I'd stick around another 15-20 years to get back at him

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Is that like the saying "I hope I live long enough to embarrass my kids." ? ;)

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Sloanmiester wrote:I don't fear death. I did die in 2011 and came back. It was beautiful. Apparently God has more work for me to do.

Waving hello and happy to see your post.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:56 am

Imagine you are in your favorite chair reading a good book. There is a cup of coffee beside you and
you hear familiar sounds in the kitchen. All is well. Life is good. You are enjoying the end of a wonderful
day.

You notice a paper in your hand. It says "Take door A-1"

"What?" You say. You get up and walk toward the other end of the house. You're in the hallway that
leads to your bedroom. "Funny." You say.

You see a door you haven't noticed and you walk over to it. A sign above it says: A-1

"A-1." You say.

The back of the page has writing on it now. It says, "Take care. You will not be coming back."

What will happen when you open the door? You cannot know.

What does it mean you 'will not be coming back?'

You think of your friends who will play golf this weekend. You grandkids are starting school, your
grandson is a standout on the football team and his team has a shot.

Your spouse retires this year and there are several trips you're planning.

One place you are really looking forward to is Omaha Beach.

Your father died there just before you were born.

Your friends will keep playing cards, repairing garage doors, buying clothes, getting
together Friday nights after the game.

Your great granddaughter wants to be a cheerleader.

Laughter and happiness that will continue with or without you. Think about that!

You and your spouse have been planning to cash out and move to Kerrville or, maybe,
San Antonio. What will come of that? You really want to know the answer but you cannot
know it. Somewhere in the Hill Country! Yes.

You want to know where you are and what this is, but, really ... you do know.

You can hear nothing, see nothing but white walls and a door. And the paper says,
"Go through the door. Now."

And you have no choice -- you put everything behind you and, far as you know, will
never see any of it again. You heart clinches in your chest and reach for the doorknob.

I didn't get to say, "I love you."

You say.
All Life is Feudal

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:23 am

Golly, that was a downer. But it does make one think.

Heard a story last week - friend lost a sister. The woman was in her early 30s. Had a new baby. Dropped dead in a medical facility. No medical history.

Every day of life is a precious gift...............even the days when I have to drive to Dallas and back. ;)
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:32 pm

millergrovesue wrote:Golly, that was a downer. But it does make one think.

Heard a story last week - friend lost a sister. The woman was in her early 30s. Had a new baby. Dropped dead in a medical facility. No medical history.

Every day of life is a precious gift...............even the days when I have to drive to Dallas and back. ;)

I'm just tryin' to think through what is involved with dying. For me it's all about everything going on without me.

Also the loneliness. We all die alone ... as in nobody can really share the experience. It's one we'll all, everyone of us,
have.

I used to think about an afterlife. I rarely do now. I have a durable power of attorney and supporting docs.
No heroics. They asked me about my wishes in ICU and I told them that I didn't want intubation and if I
experienced significant loss of QoL to let me be. I mean, after you've got dyin' all over and done with, why
would you want to do it again?

I think what we experience after death will either be very interesting or it will not.

I nearly died earlier this year. I clearly remember thinking, "You might be dying."
But then, I thought, if I do, I won't know it .... so I literally stopped worrying about it. My whole attitude
towards death has changed.

I don't see how anyone could open the door labeled "A-1" completely without fear. You're going away
and the world is staying virtually the same without you.

Kind of a scary thought to me.
All Life is Feudal

Return to “Your first forum”