The Last Days of Hillary

Description of your first forum.
millergrovesue

Re: The Last Days of Hillary

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 am

jellowrestling wrote:Eisenhower had just led the forces that had saved the world for Democracy. Both parties wanted and respected him, and the U.S. was full of millions of soldiers who revered him. What idiot was going to go after Ike?

And the press hid or didn't know about his affair. At any rate it wasn't made public till long after he died. Back then people would have been outraged by the news.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:42 am

millergrovesue wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:Eisenhower had just led the forces that had saved the world for Democracy. Both parties wanted and respected him, and the U.S. was full of millions of soldiers who revered him. What idiot was going to go after Ike?

And the press hid or didn't know about his affair. At any rate it wasn't made public till long after he died. Back then people would have been outraged by the news.

It was pretty common knowledge even during the war. It just wasn't deemed worthy of publication or "expose".

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:35 am

I don't think it was common knowledge among the general population. People like those in my parent's circle of friends certainly didn't know. The overall public picture was that he and Mamie had the perfect marriage.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:07 pm

The press functioned differently then. A lot of people were unaware of the extent of FDR's disability.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:10 pm

BigTex wrote:The press functioned differently then. A lot of people were unaware of FDR's disability.

Or his lady or Eleanor' s friendships.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:23 pm

and , I didn't know about this earlier deportation of illegal Aliens that happened in the 1930s some 25 years before Ikes deportation / mass removal of illegals Aliens --- http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... mass-remo/ --- so , posted as information !!

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:34 pm

grouchy wrote:
BigTex wrote:The press functioned differently then. A lot of people were unaware of FDR's disability.

Or his lady or Eleanor' s friendships.

Yep. Don't know if all that secrecy was good or not.

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Everywhere on TXdigest I read about voter fraud and, esp, the Obama Voter Fraud Machine.

I've read quite a bit on the topic and my findings are that attempted voter fraud has
been remarkably rare. Actual voter fraud during the last two national elections very, very
rare.

In the service of fairness, or to inform me particularly, I'd like to see some reliable word about
that. I don't need to see WEG's or partisan clap trap.

If there is reportable fraud, I'd like to know so I can decide to re structure my political life
around that accusation. Seems to me the fraud thing was quashed during several states'
Voter ID struggles and came up wanting.

I'm serious. If there's smoke and fire there, I really want to know.
All Life is Feudal

mayhem

Postby mayhem » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:58 pm

And this is an, ahem, this short quote is very instructive:Obama won in every state that did not require a Photo ID and lost in every state that did require a Photo ID in order to vote.

In the 2012 presidential election, Barack Obama did lose in every state that required all voters to provide photo ID, but those states were only four in number: Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, and Tennessee. Meanwhile, contrary to what is claimed here, he also lost in many states that did not require all voters to provide photo ID: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

(NOTE: If you do not live in Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, or Tennessee, then your state did not require all voters to provide photo ID during the 2012 general election. As shown on a chart of Voter Identification Requirements by state, only those four states had strict photo ID laws in place during the 2012 general election. All other states either did not require voters to provide ID or accepted some forms of non-photo ID.)
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/2 ... ts65VVA.99
All Life is Feudal

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:01 pm

I researched voter fraud "statistics" a number of months ago and found similar results. Supposedly incidences of voter fraud are very rare. I find that hard to believe. Heck, if it was successful voter fraud it wouldn't be found our, right? How could there be statistics disproving the existence of something that wasn't detected?

BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:09 pm

BigTex wrote:The press functioned differently then. A lot of people were unaware of the extent of FDR's disability.

John Kennedy's womanizing would really have blown the top off the WH, had it been commonly known.
He shared a girlfriend with the Chicago Mob boss.
He bedded an East German spy, numerous times, while in the WH.
Add to that many prostitutes brought in for him when his wife was away.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Kennedy's Addison's Disease was also kept quiet.

(FYI, Addison's Disease is fear of a city that has not residents, only restaurants and furniture stores)

bodine

Postby bodine » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:08 pm

BillB wrote:"Hillary Clinton’s worst punishment will be her failure..."

Excellent article on why and how Hillary will lose.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/259944/ ... greenfield

I surely hope so...

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:30 pm

:D
BigTex wrote:Kennedy's Addison's Disease was also kept quiet.

(FYI, Addison's Disease is fear of a city that has not residents, only restaurants and furniture stores)

:D :)

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:14 pm

millergrovesue wrote:I researched voter fraud "statistics" a number of months ago and found similar results. Supposedly incidences of voter fraud are very rare. I find that hard to believe. Heck, if it was successful voter fraud it wouldn't be found our, right? How could there be statistics disproving the existence of something that wasn't detected?

I'm curious, why do you find that hard to believe? If it isn't happening then it isn't going to be discovered either. But, let's ask what constitutes "successful voter fraud" for openers. It seems the Right is focusing on making sure you are the person on the voter registration rolls through photo ID. So would any case of someone presenting someone else's voter registration card and voting would be "successful voter fraud". Does that make sense?

Okay, I see where that would be hard to detect unless the real person showed up and complained. What I don't see is why one would do this and what impact it might have on an election. Even in a close election 100s or 1000s of such cases would have to occur. Someone would have to organize and coordinate the effort. And how long could such an action be kept secret today given the large number of people that would be involved. Does that make sense? Now, if the argument is that large numbers of ILLEGAL voters are being used that would be fairly easy to discover by validating the voter rolls. Considering just these factors I think it is hard to argue that rampant voter fraud is going undiscovered.

The truth is that fraud AT the ballot box is just not something of any statistical significance in todays America. Now, there is something else that I like to characterize as vote fraud. Now, certain places in America have pretty well established histories of this sort of thing. What is vote fraud? It is the manipulation of vote counts after the polls close or away from the polls. Just off the top of my head I know LBJ, JFK and bush were involved in these activities. It is no joke that dead people put HFK over the top in at least Cook county. It can also consist of organized efforts to discourage or prevent certain specific groups from voting. This is what the voter ID laws are all about. Oh yes, you are I can easily understand the law and use the resources we have available to get the required ID. But, think about the older minority in front of you at the store struggling to use the card machine. Do you really think they can do all the things we take for granted? I think that is highly unlikely.

So, do you really think there is a lot of undetected voter fraud...or do you see that the claim is just another element of the Right's more extreme rhetoric run wild?

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:
The truth is that fraud AT the ballot box is just not something of any statistical significance in todays America.

It doesn't have be of statistical significance. You only have to change a couple of states by a point or even less in order to alter a national election.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:23 pm

His nomination of Earl Warren to the Supreme Court turned out to be not very popular with a lot of people. Nor was his handling of the Suez Crisis.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:
millergrovesue wrote:
The truth is that fraud AT the ballot box is just not something of any statistical significance in todays America.

It doesn't have be of statistical significance. You only have to change a couple of states by a point or even less in order to alter a national election.

Of course it does. It would take a statistically significant number of fraudulent votes to shift ANY state as much as a half a point. Why do you say such silly things? It takes VOTE fraud to shift results as much as you are suggesting...like Bush benefited from in Florida.

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:01 pm

1 --- ONE , fraudulent vote is one too many fraudulent votes . The rest of your post concerning the numbers needed is simply speculation or opinion on your part 'cd' . Just pointing out the obvious 'cd' !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Democrats always say there is no fraud..Republicans say there is.

At the very least, it shows everyone where the fraudulence exists, when it does.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Return to “Your first forum”