Do you ever change your style?

Description of your first forum.
knotlazy

Re: Do you ever change your style?

Postby knotlazy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 pm

I find it interesting that men continue to love long hair on a woman. My hubby included. I wore mine shortish (chin length) for a long time then cut it shorter. I was shocked how old it made me look when I saw a photo of me. So it's been longer since. I no longer have bangs to speak of. If I didn't color my hair, I don't think I'd be quite as white as ELH...but nearly. My hairstylist colors my hair a basic brown that is close to what I had when I was a teen...then gives me highlights because the gray doesn't hold the color well. The highlights have melded into a golden dark blonde which is strange to me but I get a lot of compliments on the color. It's actually a lot of colors from med brown to the golden dark blonde and I'm told that's stylish.

I've always been a t-shirt & jeans kinda girl. I rarely wear ruffles or prints. I just ordered 10 t-shirts from the Gap because I like how they fit...they are really light weight but not see thru. They were on sale. I have discovered yoga pants and wore them all winter. I prefer running shoes to my cowboy boots and reserve heels for special occasions. Dresses are usually a solid color sleeveless sheath worn with or without a cardigan depending on the weather.

So..I guess the answer to your question is...not often.

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:04 pm

When I was in high school, I established my classic and tailored look. Back then it was the "preppy look". I've kept up with classic and tailored because that's what works on my body type. I stay current with trends, yet I keep the simplistic look as the backdrop. I love a good looking knock out piece of jewelry that will turn heads yet I love the simple little black dress with a strand of pearls. I've worn high heels when the occasion warrants but I prefer a simple kitten heel.

As for my hair, when I got my first haircut, my mom got me the buster brown Bob. It stayed that way until I was in high school when I got the Dorothy Hamil wedge. I tried once to let my hair grow, but that lasted long enough for me to realize I preferred short and uncomplicated. I continue to have short hair. The color has remained in the same brown tones, with just hints of auburn. There's gray in there but I'm not quite ready to go there. After a bad break up with a boyfriend once, I went blonde, but that lasted about two weeks. I don't have the skin coloring for it.

My make up has pretty much remained the same. I've never in my life worn blue eye shadow and it's doubtful I'll have any in my make up drawer. I like classic red lipstick because it makes me look much younger! Ha! I was blessed with dark eyes and long eye lashes so I like to play up my eyes, yet I know just how much is appropriate.

It's important to look your best because you'll feel so much better. If that doesn't work, just make sure your clean.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:28 am

I cut my hair much more often now. My freak flag no longer flies.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Seems the majority of people find a style and keep it, with a few tweaks to allow for age. :)

I agree about the blue eyeshadow...it's very ABBA and not a good look for any age imo.

On me shorter hair makes me look younger (so people say) but I dont want to look younger I want to wear what imo suits me, and that is long hair worn up.

Knotlazy...your hair colour sounds nice, I wish I could adapt to lighter hair because keeping it dark when the grey grows through so quickly is a pain....but the one ocasion I did go lighter I felt like a photo negative...it was just wrong.

Thanks for all the answers, they are interesting. x

Return to “Your first forum”