IRS

Description of your first forum.
BillB

Re: IRS

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 pm

ann jusko wrote:Without the IRS and the EPA, private businesses will flourish. Those over-seas jobs will come back. Ted Cruz isn't the only candidate wanting to eliminate the IRS, I remind you. I think most Americans would love to see the IRS GO. The government wasn't designed to be a major employer. The government can waste millions, even billions of dollars, but can't issue a medicare card that's laminated. It is a flimsy piece of paper and you don't get a new one every year.

The bottom line to me is this....Do we NOT dissolve a corrupt "institution" because of the labor market? We keep those people employed (and remember how many haven't paid their own taxes) giving bonuses every year? Or do we encourage more private sector jobs? We can also eliminate the Dept of Education. What good has it ever done? Without those departments, we sure won't need more tax money.

Has Cruz introduced any legislation to get rid of the IRS?
Why hasn't he?
He also claims he will reign in the Supreme Court.
Has he introduced a bill to do that?
Cruz is a bunch of talk.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:18 pm

BillB wrote:
ann jusko wrote:Without the IRS and the EPA, private businesses will flourish. Those over-seas jobs will come back. Ted Cruz isn't the only candidate wanting to eliminate the IRS, I remind you. I think most Americans would love to see the IRS GO. The government wasn't designed to be a major employer. The government can waste millions, even billions of dollars, but can't issue a medicare card that's laminated. It is a flimsy piece of paper and you don't get a new one every year.

The bottom line to me is this....Do we NOT dissolve a corrupt "institution" because of the labor market? We keep those people employed (and remember how many haven't paid their own taxes) giving bonuses every year? Or do we encourage more private sector jobs? We can also eliminate the Dept of Education. What good has it ever done? Without those departments, we sure won't need more tax money.

Has Cruz introduced any legislation to get rid of the IRS?
Why hasn't he?
He also claims he will reign in the Supreme Court.
Has he introduced a bill to do that?
Cruz is a bunch of talk.

Cruz has not been in the Senate long enough to criticize him based on what he hasn't done.

Cruz has introduced legislation to defund Obamacare and the DREAM "Act" (executive order), eliminate the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and keep the power to define marriage within the state (rather then federal) government. From my perspective, if Cruz says he is going to do something, he does. Can you give an example where he didn't?

BillB

Postby BillB » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:31 am

Cruz has been in the Senate for 2 1/2 years.
In January (nine months ago) Cruz called for shutting down the IRS.
That requires legislation. He has introduced no legislation to do this.
In June he called for term limits and confirmation elections for Supreme Court Justices.
This requires constitutional amendments, which originate in Congress. The president has nothing to do with them.
Cruz has not introduced these amendments into congress.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:56 am

He can't do much until we, the voters, get rid of the "establishment" senators. How many voted for Cornyn in the last election? Who besides the grass roots and tea party participants tried hard to hold his feet to the fire? Apathetic voters who don't do their due diligence are the problem. Who here is keeping track of the goings on in Austin? No, it's not fun, but it is really important. District 2 finally got rid of a pathetic senator who thought he could never be defeated. Now we have Bob Hall and get Texas senate reports every week. He encourages everyone to let him know their concerns and desires. But in congress we have a rep whose first vote was for the present speaker of the house! Talk about establishment! Some of my friends voted for him. I couldn't believe it. Now they're having misgivings.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:19 am

BillB wrote:Cruz has been in the Senate for 2 1/2 years.
In June he called for term limits and confirmation elections for Supreme Court Justices.
This requires constitutional amendments, which originate in Congress. The president has nothing to do with them.

So, all of the other stuff he has introduced is irrelevant, it's "what have you done for me lately?".

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:56 am

jellowrestling wrote:
BillB wrote:Cruz has been in the Senate for 2 1/2 years.

So, all of the other stuff he has introduced is irrelevant, it's "what have you done for me lately?".

You can interpret it any way you want.
I believe what I wrote is a factual account.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:32 am

I hate it when this happens to me:

Effective January 1, 2016, the IRS will not accept any check payment for an amount greater than $99,999,999.00, which is the maximum amount that the Federal Reserve banks can process. This tax season the IRS deposited 14 checks over this amount and each of those checks had to be processed manually. After January 1, 2016, two or more checks will be required if a taxpayer owes more than the maximum processible amount. The IRS recommends taxpayers use Fed Wire to make tax payments.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 am

crocmommy wrote:I hate it when this happens to me:

Effective January 1, 2016, the IRS will not accept any check payment for an amount greater than $99,999,999.00, which is the maximum amount that the Federal Reserve banks can process. This tax season the IRS deposited 14 checks over this amount and each of those checks had to be processed manually. After January 1, 2016, two or more checks will be required if a taxpayer owes more than the maximum processible amount. The IRS recommends taxpayers use Fed Wire to make tax payments.

I won't have to worry about this until April.
Maybe Cruz will have shut down the IRS by then and I can send him my $100,000,000 check. I bet he will be able to process it.

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 am

Have a 5% national sales tax and a balanced budget amendment. If lots of government employees are fired as a result. Good! I'd like to see the highest unemployment rate in the country be in the Washington metro area.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:59 am

John In Austin wrote:Have a 5% national sales tax and a balanced budget amendment. If lots of government employees are fired as a result. Good! I'd like to see the highest unemployment rate in the country be in the Washington metro area.

I agree. I'm not locked into 5%. I have heard it would require more than that. I am in favor of scraping the income tax in favor of a national sales tax.

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:01 pm

If we ever get a national sales tax, we'll have both..an income tax and a sales tax.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:03 pm

GFB wrote:If we ever get a national sales tax, we'll have both..an income tax and a sales tax.

I'd require a constitutional amendment saying we will have only a national sales tax.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:52 pm

And then a ruling by the Supremes that says "only" actually means "in addition to."

I don't have a problem with Cruz but any candidate who says they are going to eliminate the IRS or fundamentally change the tax code is just pandering.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:01 pm

BigTex wrote:And then a ruling by the Supremes that says "only" actually means "in addition to."

I don't have a problem with Cruz but any candidate who says they are going to eliminate the IRS or fundamentally change the tax code is just pandering.

That's my point.
He should have started a year ago introducing legislation to do it, if he was really that interested.

He's now dangling it out as a quasi promise should he be elected president.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Well if we are going to eliminate any candidate who panders to get votes it's going to be a pretty short ballot.

Everybody had to decide for themselves what pandering they can live with.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:08 pm

BigTex wrote:Well if we are going to eliminate any candidate who panders to get votes it's going to be a pretty short ballot.

Everybody had to decide for themselves what pandering they can live with.

Yes, but this thread is about the IRS and has evolved in a discussion of Cruz going to get rid of it.
I think it is a pander on Cruz' part and this is a perfect place to point it out.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Hey, I'm just following the thread drift.

Don't hurt me.

BillB

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:23 pm

BigTex wrote:Hey, I'm just following the thread drift.

Don't hurt me.

Didn't mean to.
We agree. Cruz can't do it and he knows he can't. The same with his reigning in SCOTUS.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:28 pm

GFB wrote:If we ever get a national sales tax, we'll have both..an income tax and a sales tax.

+1

Return to “Your first forum”