The clock heard round the world

Description of your first forum.
BigTex

Re: The clock heard round the world

Postby BigTex » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:49 pm

CD,

OK, if you makes you feel better I withdraw my "conditional apology."

You want my advice? Brevity. Don't make it a chore to read your opinion.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:27 am

Red, could you post a link to that? I want to post it on Facebook.

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:49 am

It's a joke son,I say a joke

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:50 am

It's a joke son,I say a joke

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am

I saw a video that actually showed the serial numbers from Radio Shack. And now little guy has a GoFundMe that has accruded $14,ooo. That doesn't include all the scholarships he's been offered. The idiots jumped on board and never waited for an investigation. Poor boy, put into handcuffs......give me a break. For what he and his father cooked up, they need to be in handcuffs. Or maybe just the father before he runs off to his native country to run for president again.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 am

A sympathy force field has been put around this kid so nothing that is revealed from here on out is going to make any difference. It will just be written off as the right wing relentlessly trying to demonize a Muslim boy.

As I said at the outset, make this a white kid at Highland Park, Jesuit, or Bishop Lynch and see what happens. I wouldn't be holding my breath for an invite to the White House.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 am

BigTex wrote:A sympathy force field has been put around this kid so nothing that is revealed from here on out is going to make any difference. It will just be written off as the right wing relentlessly trying to demonize a Muslim boy.

As I said at the outset, make this a white kid at Highland Park, Jesuit, or Bishop Lynch and see what happens. I wouldn't be holding my breath for an invite to the White House.

Well said, it is has often been said that great countries die from within; and we see that plain as day in this case and others.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 am

BigTex wrote:A sympathy force field has been put around this kid so nothing that is revealed from here on out is going to make any difference. It will just be written off as the right wing relentlessly trying to demonize a Muslim boy.

You are to some extent correct about that. The Right never cared about the facts. It was always the narrative about Islam in play. Now the Left has another narrative that, frankly, doesn't address the facts very closely either. The Right wants to make Ahmed a villain (because he is Islamic) and the Left wants to make him a hero because he has become the object of intense Islamophobia. Both seem to be a bit extreme.

Now, if this was a white kid in an elite school, my personal belief is that NOTHING would have happened. There certainly wouldn't be any invite to the White House because there would have been no uproar. We would never have heard about the incident (if, in fact, an incident occurred without the sub-text of Islamophobia). If Ahmed had been a white kid at MacArthur there wouldn't have been an incident.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:54 am

Red Oak wrote:

Well said, it is has often been said that great countries die from within; and we see that plain as day in this case and others.

So why are you so intent on advancing the death of this country and the principles it was founded on?

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:06 am

[quote="BigTex"]A sympathy force field has been put around this kid so nothing that is revealed from here on out is going to make any difference. It will just be written off as the right wing relentlessly trying to demonize a Muslim boy.

As I said at the outset, make this a white kid at Highland Park, Jesuit, or Bishop Lynch and see what happens. I wouldn't be holding my breath for an invite to the White House.[/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ INVITE to the 'whitehut' , I'd love to get one so I could publically refuse the invite . Might even accept and then stiff them as I held a news conference .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:05 pm

I disagree that nothing would happen to a white kid at an elite school. They are just as much into zero tolerance as anybody. It's a systemic disease that destroys common sense.

Return to “Your first forum”