John Boehner Will Resign From Congress

Description of your first forum.
Mark

Re: John Boehner Will Resign From Congress

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
Maybe he just got tired of struggling with Cruz for control of the House.

What an idiot.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:12 am

This month, Boehner had been facing pressure from pro-life activists to fight to defund Planned Parenthood. He supported doing so in theory, but believed such a push now would lead to a government shutdown that would be disastrous for the country and his party. But activists didn't want to hear it, and blamed him for not fighting hard enough — hoping that victory could have been achieved with a tougher, more confrontational approach.

Indeed, Boehner has become despised by conservative activists, having faced ceaseless pressure from them on a whole range of issues over his five-year speakership. He was blasted from the right during the fights over spending and the debt ceiling in 2011, during the attempt to defund Obamacare that ended up shutting down the government in 2013, and during Congress's failed attempt to block Obama's Iran deal this year. He's constantly had to deal with beliefs among conservatives that he wasn't fighting hard enough. This ceaseless criticism made Boehner's job extremely unpleasant for him, as he told Politico in an interview this month.

Boehner views himself as having pushed for the most conservative policies that could practically be achieved given Democratic control of the presidency. But activists like those attending the Values Voters Summit despise him as a weak sellout who should be replaced. Now perhaps they'll get to find out whether a more confrontational speaker could really get more accomplished — or whether Boehner has been right all along.
http://www.vox.com/2015/9/25/9397269/john-boehner-planned-parenthood
"Nice little Jewish community you got here"-Arab world to Nut Job 8-)

GFB

Postby GFB » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:32 am

It's not about that, it's about continuous unconditional surrendering.

You can always win if you're prepared to do what is necessary.

Democrats are always willing..they took it all the way with Obamacare, and took their lickings in 2010 and 2014.

So when the Republicans say.."no, we can't shut down the government..people could turn against us."

I see...yeah?...so?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:15 am

planosteve wrote:This month, Boehner had been facing pressure from pro-life activists to fight to defund Planned Parenthood. He supported doing so in theory, but believed such a push now would lead to a government shutdown that would be disastrous for the country and his party. But activists didn't want to hear it, and blamed him for not fighting hard enough — hoping that victory could have been achieved with a tougher, more confrontational approach.

Indeed, Boehner has become despised by conservative activists, having faced ceaseless pressure from them on a whole range of issues over his five-year speakership. He was blasted from the right during the fights over spending and the debt ceiling in 2011, during the attempt to defund Obamacare that ended up shutting down the government in 2013, and during Congress's failed attempt to block Obama's Iran deal this year. He's constantly had to deal with beliefs among conservatives that he wasn't fighting hard enough. This ceaseless criticism made Boehner's job extremely unpleasant for him, as he told Politico in an interview this month.

Boehner views himself as having pushed for the most conservative policies that could practically be achieved given Democratic control of the presidency. But activists like those attending the Values Voters Summit despise him as a weak sellout who should be replaced. Now perhaps they'll get to find out whether a more confrontational speaker could really get more accomplished — or whether Boehner has been right all along.
http://www.vox.com/2015/9/25/9397269/john-boehner-planned-parenthood

Steve, they will get to throw some crates in the harbor, do some whooping and hollering, act like assailed, etc. They will not be able to accomplish anything more than Boehner has done.
I am not a fan of Boehner, but I am a realist. We don't have the votes. Pure math. But it will be interesting to watch peasants like Cruz and others pontificate and make noise. Yeah, I know he is a Senator but he will try to stay in the limelight and look smug.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:36 am

Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:

What an idiot.

Actually, I think Cruz is just a buffoon. However, idiot will work. You are smarter than I thought.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
Mark wrote:
Castle Doctrine wrote:

What an idiot.

Actually, I think Cruz is just a buffoon. However, idiot will work. You are smarter than I thought.

I'm pretty sure you're being intentionally obtuse at this point, but you are the idiot for thinking that Senator Ted Cruz has any influence whatsoever over the House of Representatives.

Back by popular request:

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Well, Mark, you just weren't very clear...and it seemed a reasonable reading (even if I did know that wasn't what you meant).

On the other hand, Cruz is THE darling of the House Conservative extremists. They have consistently rallied to Cruz's banner in opposition to their own elected leadership. Go read the reports behind the last shutdown...who was driving the House...I believe you will find it was Cruz. Cruz has been undermining the Speaker in every possible way since he got there.

All Conservatives aren't evil...but Cruz sure as Hell is.

GRANDPA

Postby GRANDPA » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:03 pm

He was the best Republican Speaker the Dimocrats ever had.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:39 pm

When somebody says that advocating Constitutional principles is an extreme position, I know that they are a hopeless Lefty....and therefore stupid and/or evil.

Back by popular request:

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:23 pm

I think that both big political parties have a plan , plan is to recreate the worlds diversity here in the USA and then 'FORCE' the resulting herd to all get along Mark .

Return to “Your first forum”