And so it begins

Description of your first forum.
Sangersteve

And so it begins

Postby Sangersteve » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm

The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.

“It’s a high priority and will continue to be until we start to see more progress on this issue in this town,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters today at the press briefing.

Earnest said he would “quibble” with anyone who criticized the president for not voicing any specific gun control proposals during his press conference, asserting that the White House was working behind the scenes for more executive actions on guns.

“I can tell you that they’re not stumped, they’re continuing to review the law that’s on the books and continuing to consult with legal authorities but also others who may have ideas about what steps that can be taken to keep guns out of the hands of criminals,” Earnest said.

He admitted, however that he had no details for what the White House was working on, but asserted that the process was a “scrub” that was “ongoing.”

Earnest welcomed Hillary Clinton’s own gun control proposals announced this morning, but admitted that he hadn’t seen the full details of the proposal.

He also pointedly criticized the “gun show loophole” for allowing criminals and people with mental problems to buy weapons, blaming organizations like the National Rifle Association for blocking action in Congress on the issue.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Red Oak

Re: And so it begins

Postby Red Oak » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:38 pm

There is no "Gun Show Loophole" the Laws are the same for Sales at Gun Shows as they are anywhere else.

What is really meant is the FEDGOD wants to control private sales of firearms within States.

I am a never Hillaryite!

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm

This president absolutely despises America, Americans, and our Constitution.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:05 am

The gun show loophole is an interesting subject. It really doesn't exist at the Federal level but is pretty much the rule in most states. To understand the "loophole" requires a bit of honesty. It really refers to the fact that secondary market sales (individual to individual), while subject to certain Federal limitations and requirements, are essentially unregulated at the state level. I bought my last firearm at a garage sale and the only thing checked was the amount of money I gave the seller...and as far as I know we didn't violate any state laws.

So, the "gun show loophole" is a misleading name given to an exception for secondary market sales. As such, it is in the same category as "anchor babies" and "gateway drugs"...it isn't a real thing based on its name...just Conservative belief. I am very much in favor of doing away with the exception for private transfers. In fact, my readings here leave me leaning toward banning ALL sales. However, I could see background checks if they included a complete psych eval...repeated annually.

And I want to thank all of you for the many posts that ultimately shifted my thinking on firearms. In fact, the idea of a psych eval (specifically looking for delusions, paranoid personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, breaks from reality, etc). It is interesting how you people moved me. After reading all those posts full of hate and fear and fantasy I ask myself, what method would keep the majority of these clowns from having access to firearms. A meaningful psych exam looking for the most commonly demonstrated characteristics seen here would seem ideal.

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:14 am

Idiots in CA have passed laws that make it illegal for my father to give a firearm to a family member who live in the state. Has to be handled via an ffl holder, with the required wait period.

stupid
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

Return to “Your first forum”