Bombing of Doctors without Borders Hospital

Description of your first forum.
planosteve

Bombing of Doctors without Borders Hospital

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:10 am

Update: MSF demands explanations after deadly airstrike

Twelve staff members and at least seven patients, including three children, were killed; 37 people were injured including 19 staff members. This attack constitutes a grave violation of International Humanitarian Law.

All indications currently point to the bombing being carried out by international Coalition forces. MSF demands a full and transparent account from the Coalition regarding its aerial bombing activities over Kunduz on Saturday morning

Update: MSF had informed all fighting parties of hospital GPS coordinates

MSF condemns in the strongest possible terms the horrific bombing of its hospital in Kunduz full of staff and patients.

MSF wishes to clarify that all parties to the conflict, including in Kabul and Washington, were clearly informed of the precise location (GPS Coordinates) of the MSF facilities - hospital, guesthouse, office and an outreach stabilization unit in Chardara (to the north-west of Kunduz).

As MSF does in all conflict contexts, these precise locations were communicated to all parties on multiple occasions over the past months, including most recently on 29 September.

The bombing continued for more than 30 minutes after American and Afghan military officials in Kabul and Washington were first informed. MSF urgently seeks clarity on exactly what took place and how this terrible event could have happened.
http://www.msf.org.uk/article/afghanistan-msf-staff-killed-and-hospital-partially-destroyed-in-kunduz
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

GRANDPA

Re: Bombing of Doctors without Borders Hospital

Postby GRANDPA » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:24 am

The Taliban would not have stopped at 19 killed, would not have been accidental, would not have bothered with an apology, would not investigated what went wrong.
I feel like I'm parked diagonally in a parallel universe.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:32 am

GRANDPA wrote:The Taliban would not have stopped at 19 killed, would not have been accidental, would not have bothered with an apology, would not investigated what went wrong.

I think the suspicion is that it was done intentionally.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:33 pm

GRANDPA wrote:The Taliban would not have stopped at 19 killed, would not have been accidental, would not have bothered with an apology, would not investigated what went wrong.

---------------------------------- good post Grandpa !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Liberals without borders.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm

They hate DWB because they treat both sides in conflicts. That is probably why the hospital was attacked.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 am

The story now is that some Afgans were under attack and called in US air support. Probably a typical military FUBAR Snafu.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 am

maybe some of the 'doctors' from the western world will smarten up and stay at home ehh ?? Same for missionaries , preachers and other do gooders .

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:45 am

ralph wrote:maybe some of the 'doctors' from the western world will smarten up and stay at home ehh ?? Same for missionaries , preachers and other do gooders .

Yeah, that's what this world needs fewer of - those who love their our man and therefore want to spend our lives doing what God put us on this Earth to do. :roll: :? :( :cry:
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 am

well , they wouldn't get killed and they could ply their trades in the Western World Sue . I mean good Doctors and dentists are needed all over the Western World . Its up to the doctors though . Reminds me of the reporters that think they can get away with reporting the news from warzones in the middle east . [or kayla mueler] ------- what do these people expect to happen in warzones Sue ??

millergrovesue

Postby millergrovesue » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm

How 'bout the nuns and other missionaries who have been killed in S. America? That's the western world.

God didn't tell us to love and care for those who are easy, close, and friendly. He told us to love everyone even those who hate us. The Bible is full of statements about how we are to deal with our enemies and, unlike some verses that are open to differing interpretation, the quantity and clarity of these verses, regardless of translation, makes it hard to argue with the message.

Proverbs 19:11
A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense.

Proverbs 25:21
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

Luke 6:27
"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 6:28
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 23:34
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

John 13:34
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Acts 7:60
Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Romans 12:20
On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

1 Thessalonians 5:15
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
Working to love my fellow person regardless : >

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:50 pm

pretty much the same opinion although they can all do as they like . And south america is pretty much third worldy with some very primitive culture and tradition . Its part of the reason I've never toured 'mexico' although many 'mc' tourers tour and get away with it . Course , some don't , me , I'll just stay in the USA where culture , tradition and law is understandable to me Sue. --- http://westchester.news12.com/news/new- ... -1.7566106 --- All said and done , the doctors oughta smarten up in my opinion Sue .

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:28 pm

It's gonna be figured out sometime, this was an inside job, some observer some where fed the wrong coordinates to the right person with a finger on the trigger

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 am

Did the US knowingly bomb this hospital?

If not why did they keep bombing after being informed that it was a hospital?

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:22 am

planosteve wrote:Did the US knowingly bomb this hospital?

You'd have to think of a reason why the hospital..if that's what it is, would be bombed on purpose.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:35 am

planosteve wrote:Did the US knowingly bomb this hospital?

I doubt seriously the aircrew had any idea they were bombing a hospital initially. If it was like most air support missions (which is what it was) it was called for and directed by those on the ground. AC-130s don't just decide to light someone or something up for kicks.

As for why they didn't stop? Well, I understand the MSF folks called immediately to advise authorities they were bombing them. But, they couldn't call the AC-130. They called someone who called someone who...you get the idea. In that circumstance 30 minutes in the equivalent of immediately for CCC purposes. Hell, they are lucky some Afghan didn't just ignore the comms from MSF.

This is a terrible thing. But it isn't a war crime because it wasn't intentional. Setting up hospitals in combat zones is an inherently dangerous proposition. I suspect the Right would like to inflate this into another Benghazi but there is no there there...just like with Benghazi.

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:43 am

Or somebody didn't like the fact that they treat both sides and decided to take them out. In which case it is a war crime. My guess is that there is some there there. And if there is it will be covered up.

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:52 am

planosteve wrote:Or somebody didn't like the fact that they treat both sides and decided to take them out. In which case it is a war crime. My guess is that there is some there there. And if there is it will be covered up.

Do you have any reason to believe this aside from your devotion to conspiracy fantasies? I explained my reasoning in fair detail. What is your reasoning?

Who are you accusing of war crimes...the US military or the Afghan forces that called for the strike? Your reasoning may be understandable if directed at the Afghan forces. But, the US military just responded to a request for air support. No scandal or cover-up there.

The US government and US military has no history of conflict with MSF. Why would you think that would now become the case? Do you have any special training or military expertise that would lead you to see something the rest of us miss? What supports your "guess". I offered a considered, informed, professional explanation for my beliefs. Why do you "guess" that there is some there there?

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Castle Doctrine wrote:
planosteve wrote:Or somebody didn't like the fact that they treat both sides and decided to take them out. In which case it is a war crime. My guess is that there is some there there. And if there is it will be covered up.

Do you have any reason to believe this aside from your devotion to conspiracy fantasies? I explained my reasoning in fair detail. What is your reasoning?

Who are you accusing of war crimes...the US military or the Afghan forces that called for the strike? Your reasoning may be understandable if directed at the Afghan forces. But, the US military just responded to a request for air support. No scandal or cover-up there.

The US government and US military has no history of conflict with MSF. Why would you think that would now become the case? Do you have any special training or military expertise that would lead you to see something the rest of us miss? What supports your "guess". I offered a considered, informed, professional explanation for my beliefs. Why do you "guess" that there is some there there?

So you want to argue by intimidation? OK. You think yours is bigger than mine? Well lets compare. You show me yours and I'll show you mine. Lets see it big boy!

Castle Doctrine

Postby Castle Doctrine » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:25 pm

What kind of response is that. I offered you my reasoning. You just made an unsupported allegation. All I ask was for you to explain your reasoning. Why would you find that an attempt to intimidate you. I asked if you had some qualification I was unaware of that would give you special insight. I'm going to guess this response is a NO.

As for "showing" you mine...I have been studying military history since I started to read. I was raised by the people that fought and won the Second World War. I pumped them at every opportunity. I have a significant degree of actual military experience. Since leaving active duty I have continued to follow professional military journals and read military history from a variety of sources. Do you need a bibliography?

So, there is mine. Now, you show me yours. And could you explain why you decided to go all "tough guy"? You don't do it very well and there was no call for it. I am totally unintimidated by anyone here. Certainly, no one here has demonstrated the slightest expertise in this area...beyond repeating standard Conservative talking points that they don't understand and can't defend.

So, you have any reasoning to present or are we through here?

Return to “Your first forum”