rain again?

Description of your first forum.
knotlazy

rain again?

Postby knotlazy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I just heard a couple of rolls of thunder....it's cloudy here now....I checked FB and sure enough...we may get more rain this afternoon.

grace

Re: rain again?

Postby grace » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Looks like rain is coming in from the west. Loving these rainy days in June!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:55 am

I work in the Forth Worth Cultural District by Will Rogers Coliseum and Casa Manana. It poured buckets, there were cars turning around on University and cops outside my office window probably rescuing people. I have never seen this much rain right here in five years...

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Glad we didn't see you in the news yesterday, Crockmommy.
From the news reports, it came up fast, and went down fast.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

knotlazy

Postby knotlazy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:11 pm

I ran in Home Goods after I took Mom home about 1:30 today...the heavens opened up and it POURED! Thunder, lightening, power outage....I just kept shopping. It was still raining, but getting lighter when I decided to leave. The manager walked me to my car with a huge golf umbrella. I really appreciated the good customer service!

Then I headed home down South Hwy 67 and it was closed in both directions right at the entrance to where I live....fortunately I was still on the access road and went back through town and down to the lake to come in from the opposite direction.

This is strange weather for June, isn't it?

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 pm

My street was all over the news last night and I guess it will be again tonight as there were several camera trucks parked down the block. We're OK, but the streets around us are a disaster with several closed until major repairs can be made.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:53 pm

I stayed here at the office and worked until I was sure the bad weather had passed. Some of my coworkers left around five and it took them forever to get home. I didn't see any point in fighting that except for the one who had to pick up kids in daycare.

Today there was only a little rain here in Ft Worth. I think Irving got more.

Return to “Your first forum”