Christmas music

Description of your first forum.
Cowman52

Christmas music

Postby Cowman52 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Have a radio station that is doing the Christmas music 24 hours a day, started last Friday. Seems the play list is a lot shorter and if I hear Santa baby, or baby, it's cold outside one more time, I may swear off.

BigTex

Re: Christmas music

Postby BigTex » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:57 pm

I like that KLUV plays Christmas music, but they are obviously working on a short play list because they know people are not listening for long periods of time. As soon as I hear Feliz Navidad, the Stairway to Heaven of Christmas songs, I punch out because I know the cycle is starting again. Thirty minutes is about all it takes.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 am

Ick....Santa Baby

Ick...Blue Christmas

I mainly listen to Christmas CD's in the car.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:00 am

I really enjoy hearing the old Christmas Songs, I do however wish they would expand their play list.

Santa Baby I could do without, however.

I am a never Hillaryite!

John In Austin

Postby John In Austin » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:23 am

Short playlists are a problem with radio in general. If you're doing top 40 or current oriented country they work well because playing the hits is the idea. For oldies, classic country, classic rock etc. short playlists are why I rarely listen to traditional music radio. Great oldies stations of the past had huge libraries. They didn't play the obscurities a lot but they played them often spotlighting them. PPM (Nielson's ratings meter) is the reason people do them but to me when I've programed an adult oriented station the idea is getting an audience to tune in and listen all day. It wins if done right. Many online stations do some are actually on air as well, just not anywhere around here.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Return to “Your first forum”