Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:57 pm

She is the proud owner of a new Dodge
Minivan

sigh
It's a joke son,I say a joke

Grassman

Re: I think I'm married to an old woman

Postby Grassman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Say it ain't so....From Jeep to mini van???

Trixie

Postby Trixie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:54 pm

As cool and fabulous I think Donna is, I'm questioning her choice in vehicles. Old woman, no. Practical, maybe.

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Embracing her inner soccer mom?

Cowman52

Postby Cowman52 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Maybe she knows something you don't???

Sangersteve

Postby Sangersteve » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Full disclosure.

She travels to trade shows several times a year. The Jeep couldn't hold the amount of product she needed.So she shipped a pallet of stuff, around 400 bucks each direction, and had to buy an airplane ticket. So lets call it 1500 bucks to get there and back.

We looked at every option. The most cargo space a small SUV had was 70 cubic feet, that would do it, but it would fill every square inch.

While looking at the Jeep dealership the sales man said "how about a small cargo van" then showed her the Dodge minivan and said the cargo van is just like this without the seats in the back. Then he started folding down the seats.

Hell it's perfect.

So with an ace in our pocket(Mr. Reynolds) she bought the mini at a huge discount.
It's a joke son,I say a joke

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:43 am

Since I've driven mini vans since about 2000, I'm a fan. Through the years it has changed from being a taxi for grands to taking dogs, suitcases, supplies to the coast. It's also very handy if 4 or 5 friends want to ride together for outings, or if we're going to dinner with two other couples. It handles like a car, not like an SUV. I've never been a "car" snob. What's practical and comfortable is what I want to drive. However, I do want all the bells and whistles, too. I have to have all-wheel drive and a nav system and heated seats. I'd love cooled seats, but I guess that's not going to happen. BTW, the grands now have their own cars.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank God we will never own one again, ever. :)

A Dodge Sprinter however would be OK to haul crap around in.

I am a never Hillaryite!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:50 pm

But I have 113K+ with no worries. I can rescue friends in winter when they can't get their cars up the slope at work, and can "push" sand over a foot deep and not get stuck. If I find one just like it only newer and a different color, I'll get it. If, not, I'll keep it another year. I have friends with newer cars ( a Corvette, the big Lexus SUV, a Lexus sedan and a Maxima) but they like riding in mine...it's very smooth, but roomy for all those things we buy that go in the back.

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:39 pm

In opinion Mini-Vans are the June Bugs of vehicles :)

I am a never Hillaryite!

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Mini-vans are great if you have to haul kids and stuff. When we didn't have to haul kids and stuff anymore, we got rid of the mini-van.

bodine

Postby bodine » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:57 pm

6'8" and 6'6" don't fit in mini vans. We had full size Ford conversion vans for our baseball/volleyball travel vehicle. First road trip to Indiana for college cost us $700.00 for gas. Bye bye van, hello something with good gas mileage. We bought / have put 72,000 miles on a diesel Passat in two years...

Return to “Your first forum”