MSNBC

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

MSNBC

Postby grouchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:38 am

I realize that most conservatives do not watch or listen to liberal networks or commentators. I do. I believe you always need to know what the "enemy" is doing, saying or planning.
One of the shows on MSNBC that I would recommend is Melissa Harris-Perry.

BigTex

Re: MSNBC

Postby BigTex » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:54 am

I rarely watch any of the talking head shows and that includes Fox News. Most of the time they are just regurgitating partisan talking points. When someone says something compelling or newsworthy social media usually light up like a pinball machine and you can see or read the worthwhile nuggets.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 am

I don't watch Fox.

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:10 am

I watch sometimes , this 'perry' is a leftie , a far leftie in my opinion but I do watch at times . I just look for the talking heads left or right to say something that I then investigate . Just this morning on FOX Ben Stein and a lefty named 'julie roginsky' were arguing back and forth about the 'syrian' muslims that have brought a rape epidemic to Sweden . Results is that the Swedish rape epidemic is getting air time and people will investigate !! FOX is alright as they have lefties like 'juan williams' and 'roginsky' , john mccains daughter plus they have some commentators that are more conservative !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 am

mostly I listen for tidbits of info that I have not read or heard and then I investigate .

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:08 pm

grouchy wrote:One of the shows on MSNBC that I would recommend is Melissa Harris-Perry.

I can learn more by listening to my chihuahua snore.
The United States Constitution is under attack by the Democrat/Communist party.

Back by popular request:

Indeed, "All Leftists lack critical thinking skills."

Indeed, "All Leftist males are pussies."

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Mark wrote:
grouchy wrote:One of the shows on MSNBC that I would recommend is Melissa Harris-Perry.

You might want to read The Art of War by Sun Tzu as you are listening to your pup.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:43 pm

grouchy wrote:
Mark wrote:

You might want to read The Art of War by Sun Tzu as you are listening to your pup.

If you are referring to "know the enemy," then I know the enemy very well. "All Leftists are stupid and/or evil." In the case of MHP, it is definitely both.

Back by popular request:

ralph

Postby ralph » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

yep , knowing thy enemy is kids stuff and I've been practicing it since I was a kid , its just my nature !!

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 pm

grouchy wrote:I realize that most conservatives do not watch or listen to liberal networks or commentators. I do. I believe you always need to know what the "enemy" is doing, saying or planning.

I've watched her before, and her pseudo-intellectual psychobabble is intolerable. One example: she had a panel of people (including the New Orleans chief of police) talking about how New Orleans has decreased violent crime by 25% in the last year or so. While the others were talking about the measures used to achieve this positive result, Harris-Perry commented that she was concerned about the "victimization of an already victimized community". The context of her comment made it clear that she was talking about Black people being "victimized" by efforts to reduce crime (crimes which, of course, disproportionately affect Blacks). Everyone else seemed to ignore her ridiculous BS (the chief of police just gave her a blank stare), so she repeated it again to make sure that no one missed it.

You're right, though, Grouchy. If you don't watch this drivel, you would never in a million years believe that a sober person with a functioning brain could come up with such irrational nonsense, but there it is, for all the world to see. And this is what liberals think is "brilliant".

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:55 am

jellowrestling wrote:
grouchy wrote:I realize that most conservatives do not watch or listen to liberal networks or commentators. I do. I believe you always need to know what the "enemy" is doing, saying or planning.

I've watched her before, and her pseudo-intellectual psychobabble is intolerable. One example: she had a panel of people (including the New Orleans chief of police) talking about how New Orleans has decreased violent crime by 25% in the last year or so. While the others were talking about the measures used to achieve this positive result, Harris-Perry commented that she was concerned about the "victimization of an already victimized community". The context of her comment made it clear that she was talking about Black people being "victimized" by efforts to reduce crime (crimes which, of course, disproportionately affect Blacks). Everyone else seemed to ignore her ridiculous BS (the chief of police just gave her a blank stare), so she repeated it again to make sure that no one missed it.

You're right, though, Grouchy. If you don't watch this drivel, you would never in a million years believe that a sober person with a functioning brain could come up with such irrational nonsense, but there it is, for all the world to see. And this is what liberals think is "brilliant".

I thought that you would be one of the few who would understand my point.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:35 am

I'm confused....if you watch MSNBC and other leftist shows but don't watch FOX, how is that getting all the information you can?

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:40 am

By paying attention to Ralph. :D

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 am

Mark wrote:
Mark wrote:
grouchy wrote:If you are referring to "know the enemy," then I know the enemy very well. "All Leftists are stupid and/or evil." In the case of MHP, it is definitely both.

I am related to far too many liberals to make that sort of a blanket statement. Quite the opposite. First, none if them (Aunts Uncles, Cousins) are 'evil'. None of them are particularly stupid, either, most being more educated, school, wise, than I.
My observation, having watched them during family gatherings and family 'discussions' is that they are smart. Sneaky smart. Ther strategy seems to be to piss everyone off with their views and statements, leaving those around them to lose their minds waiting for them to stop speaking so they might go on the attack. Since most stopped listening halfway through, they tend to be the ones that lose the unwinnable discussions..

Seriously, though.. I know your audience is pretty much hard core Conservative. But it's foolish to call an entire group of people stupid and evil.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:42 pm

Ric wrote: But it's foolish to call an entire group of people stupid and evil.

Liberals do it all the time.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:07 pm

My brother is a liberal on most issues. He tends to read more books which he will use in a discussion against you. I always want to tell him that just because you read it in some book does not make it true. Usually though I just refuse to engage with him. They are unwinnable arguments since he thinks all his facts are undeniably correct.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Books have bias depending on who wrote them . On current events I prefer watching with my own eyes and hearing the words that are being said .

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Ric wrote:

I am related to far too many liberals to make that sort of a blanket statement. Quite the opposite. First, none if them (Aunts Uncles, Cousins) are 'evil'. None of them are particularly stupid, either, most being more educated, school, wise, than I.
My observation, having watched them during family gatherings and family 'discussions' is that they are smart. Sneaky smart. Ther strategy seems to be to piss everyone off with their views and statements, leaving those around them to lose their minds waiting for them to stop speaking so they might go on the attack. Since most stopped listening halfway through, they tend to be the ones that lose the unwinnable discussions..

Seriously, though.. I know your audience is pretty much hard core Conservative. But it's foolish to call an entire group of people stupid and evil.

Ric, I learned a long time ago that going to school or getting an education doesn't make anybody "smart." There are plenty of really smart people out there that never finished high school, and there are plenty of idiots holding PhDs.

Having said that, history tells us that Marxism/Socialsim/Communism/Leftism results in the destruction of a society. It's failed everywhere it's ever been tried. It doesn't take a very "smart" person to understand that. Knowing that, there are only two conclusions we can reach regarding the people that advocate these positions. Either they want to see the demise of America (those are the evil), or they lack the brainpower to understand the most fundamental concepts of world history (those are the stupid). In some cases, individuals fall into both categories.

We are at a critical crossroad in this nation. I've grown tired of playing nice. I no longer care if I offend the people that advocate the demise of America, whether that is their stated intent or not.

Back by popular request:

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Mark wrote:
Ric wrote:

Ric, I learned a long time ago that going to school or getting an education doesn't make anybody "smart." There are plenty of really smart people out there that never finished high school, and there are plenty of idiots holding PhDs.

Having said that, history tells us that Marxism/Socialsim/Communism/Leftism results in the destruction of a society. It's failed everywhere it's ever been tried. It doesn't take a very "smart" person to understand that. Knowing that, there are only two conclusions we can reach regarding the people that advocate these positions. Either they want to see the demise of America (those are the evil), or they lack the brainpower to understand the most fundamental concepts of world history (those are the stupid). In some cases, individuals fall into both categories.

We are at a critical crossroad in this nation. I've grown tired of playing nice. I no longer care if I offend the people that advocate the demise of America, whether that is their stated intent or not.

Friends or not, I guess. Are you seriously saying that ALL liberals are stupid people?
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:15 pm

What history shows is that every country that become an empire ended up a failed state regardless of the type of government they had. And for the same reason. They spent themselves to death. We will be the next to go down and for the same reason.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

Return to “Your first forum”