Plano Thief Racking Up Thousands in Fraudulent Charges

Description of your first forum.
Ric

Plano Thief Racking Up Thousands in Fraudulent Charges

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:51 am

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

planosteve

Re: Plano Thief Racking Up Thousands in Fraudulent Charges

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:17 am

That is probably why AMEX just cancelled my card. Now, I've got 5 automatic charges to notify. If I ever catch her I'll wring her neck.
Same thing happened with VISA. Twice!
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

truep

Postby truep » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:40 am

If they catch her, she will probably just get probation!

planosteve

Postby planosteve » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 am

truep wrote:If they catch her, she will probably just get probation!

Yep, likely an East Planoite.
I don't think the end is near anymore. :D I think it's HERE! :o

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 am

She looks like the woman who stole my wallet in a grocery store. The worst part was that I had an intact flap of checks. Fortunately, I only had 2 credit cards. Rowlett police were there in a hurry. Hubs was down at the coast but had the computer so I had the toll free numbers to call Discover and Master Card. Discover was amazing, the gal stayed on the phone with the police, telling them where the card was being used. But unfortunately, it was rush hour traffic. The first thing they did was gas up their car. The video didn't show the license plate though because the camera was mostly for the security of the attendent. It did show the model of the car. We no longer have Master Card though....she refused to talk to me because I made a mistake in my hubs ss number. No, we didn't have to pay anything but don't ever carry checks. For each of those checks they wrote, I had to submit an a afidavid (spelling is wrong) of forgery. Thank God I always went into the bank so they knew me well. When the police were done with me I raced to the bank. The bank really did have my back. When I walked in the manager said "HI Ann!" I told her what happened and in one smooth move, she closed our account. For a month I was signing those papers because you have to do one for every check. And they almost all went to the same place! But I am very grateful that the bank had my back. One of the officers stayed till 7 pm identifying our bank drafts and giving me the toll free number to call them. I love Clint! I had an appointment for a root canal and had to cancel it, or tried to. They would have none of it. The endondonist said "You've had that infection and you need it. Don't worry about paying until you get it all straightened out." I had no checks except temporary and no one accepts them, no credit card. BUT Discover overnighted me two new cards. The checks were a PITA though so never carry them.

Walmart has enhanced video so the police had many pictures but no info on where they were from. I never saw the one who unzipped my purse and got the wallet. The woman who distracted me I did discribe but the DA investigator called me and asked me to come in. On his desk were probably 50 pictures. He said "Do you want to see the woman who actually got your wallet?" Bottom line....don't carry checks. I had full cooperation from the police and the bank. Some people aren't so lucky and the DA goes after them.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:29 am

Thanks, Ann.
I'm removing my checkbook from the purse as I write this.

We had a card compromised about 4 years ago--and the replacement card compromised last week. I'm glad Chase credit card fraud seems to be on top of things.

My friend saw 2 women working the shoppers at Tom Thumb and reported it to store security. She then went to her car, but in a minute saw the 2 females almost running to a car to leave.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:37 am

My SIL had her purse with cell phone, wallet, checks, credit keys and keys stolen out of her van outside of a daycare. She left them in the car when she went inside to pick up her son. This happened two weeks before Christmas. Closing down your bank account and opening up another in the same bank doesn't always work. It's better to change banks if you can.

Return to “Your first forum”