Dallas stars...then and now.

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Re: Dallas stars...then and now.

Postby jellowrestling » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Ric wrote:And, really, I only looked at this because I thought it was about hockey. :D

I thought the same thing until I saw that Zelda posted it, and I figured she has no idea who the Dallas Stars are. But I still didn't make the connection with the TV show. :lol:

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:34 pm

I looked here because it wasn't about Trump yet again.....

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:36 pm

crocmommy wrote:I looked here because it wasn't about Trump yet again.....

Oh no..now you've gone and made the thread political!
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:38 am

Looks like I killed it too.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 am

jellowrestling wrote:
Ric wrote:And, really, I only looked at this because I thought it was about hockey. :D

I thought the same thing until I saw that Zelda posted it, and I figured she has no idea who the Dallas Stars are. But I still didn't make the connection with the TV show. :lol:

Ooops, sorry for the confusion. You are right Jellowrestling I know nothing about American hockey. :)
I will be away for a few weeks to get some sun, it has rained none stop in my part of the world for weeks.

Hope the new year has started well for everyone and long may it continue. x
If it hasn't hopefully the year will improve for you. x

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:57 am

Zelda wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:

Ooops, sorry for the confusion. You are right Jellowrestling I know nothing about American hockey. :)
I will be away for a few weeks to get some sun, it has rained none stop in my part of the world for weeks.

Spain?

South of France?

One of the islands?

Turkey?
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Zelda wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:

Enjoy! It's been overcast here that last few days, and the sun keeps peeking out, then ducking back in just as I try to catch a few rays.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Well, heck, Go see the Dallas Stars play at the AAC this weekend!
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Ric wrote:Well, heck, Go see the Dallas Stars play at the AAC this weekend!

Good call! They have the best record in the conference.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:02 pm

I miss when Mike Modano played...

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 pm

crocmommy wrote:I miss when Mike Modano played...

+1 The year they won the Stanley Cup was amazing. I didn't have cable TV, so I was over at my brother's apartment watching the last game. Didn't get home until nearly 3AM (and it was a weeknight).

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:31 pm

jellowrestling wrote:

+1 The year they won the Stanley Cup was amazing. I didn't have cable TV, so I was over at my brother's apartment watching the last game. Didn't get home until nearly 3AM (and it was a weeknight).

Unfortunately there's some kind of bad blood between Modano and the Stars organization. May be because Modano was traded to Detroit when he didn't want to go. He moved his family to Arizona and says it's too far for him to participate in Stars events. Got a little chippy on his Twitter account and posted a picture in his North Stars uniform. But the Stars brass say "hey we would love to have Mike working with us!" Who knows what's going on.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:14 pm

BigTex wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:

Unfortunately there's some kind of bad blood between Modano and the Stars organization. May be because Modano was traded to Detroit when he didn't want to go. He moved his family to Arizona and says it's too far for him to participate in Stars events. Got a little chippy on his Twitter account and posted a picture in his North Stars uniform. But the Stars brass say "hey we would love to have Mike working with us!" Who knows what's going on.

That's too bad. He was the face of the organization for a long, long time.

Ric

Postby Ric » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Not because he was traded to Detroit. He wanted to play there to end his career. The bad blood is very recent. The franchise honored him after his induction into the HOF last year.
He is flashing his North Stars jersey because he will don it as a ember of the Minnesota alums when they host the outdoor event next month, along with several other Stars/North Stars.
He is in Phoenix, by the way, because his wife's career took them to Phoenix.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Return to “Your first forum”