pope says that countries recieving migrant invaders must c

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Re: pope says that countries recieving migrant invaders must

Postby jellowrestling » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Ric wrote:
Red Oak wrote:
Ric wrote:It's a Latin American Movement that embraces the poor and makes a call for social change. I certainly see no problem embracing the poor. Its what we are called to do. When one calls for social change, it calls to mind that there are people who question the values of Christian Americans. The Pope is reviving this challenging exercise.. but doesn't embrace all of Fr Guiterrez points..

I saw it as infiltration of the Catholic Church by International Communism, and It was not limited to the Catholic Church.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT. EVER. AND I STUDY MY CHRCH, AND KNOW SHE IS NOT PERFECT.. STUDY BOTH THE PRO AND THE CON. I THINK WHAT YOU HAVE STATED (WITHOUT ANY facts other than it happened to back you up.

Ric, Pope Benedict XVI criticized liberation theology for being Marxist. I don't know about the International Communism infiltration charge, but when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, as prefect of the CDF, he prohibited dissident priest from teaching the Marxist elements of liberation theology. Priest were suspended, censured, and even excommunicated.

I'm not making a direct comparison, but only using this as an example: it's sort of like Kwanzaa. There are some things in Kwanzaa that are admirable, some that you kind of say "whatever', and then there's the Communism. But, when I hear "Kwanzaa", all I think is "Communism".

Ric

Postby Ric » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:11 am

Ric, Pope Benedict XVI criticized liberation theology for being Marxist. I don't know about the International Communism infiltration charge, but when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, as prefect of the CDF, he prohibited dissident priest from teaching the Marxist elements of liberation theology. Priest were suspended, censured, and even excommunicated.

I'm not making a direct comparison, but only using this as an example: it's sort of like Kwanzaa. There are some things in Kwanzaa that are admirable, some that you kind of say "whatever', and then there's the Communism. But, when I hear "Kwanzaa", all I think is "Communism".[/quote][/quote]

So, when you hear the Pope speak, you think immediately "Communism"? Since, Historically, Pontiffs are not Americans, nor do they come from our culture.. I'd imagine it hard to please everyone. But, .. If I am called to believe that he is guided by the Holy Ghost, and his entire message is one of peace and how to accomplish it, I have to look past some of the things that he says that don't quite mesh with the American way of life.
Not many people listen to, or look for the clergy or Bishop's reactions and or explanations to their people/flock regarding things that come from the Holy See. Just as I don't understand Kawanza, and couldn't possibly understand it, many don't make an effort to see the big picure when a Pontiff makes a declaration.He's not calling on his flock to agree.. but to accept the teachings as just that.. there is no call to action where all Catholic people must adhere to the words uttered by the Spiritual leader of the Church. I go back to Paul the VI Humane Vitae. Which reaffirms the Church;s stance against Birth Control. I'd bet the majority of Catholics still practice some form of birth control. Nothing is absolute. And the Pontiff is NOT a radical Communist.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:03 pm

"So, when you hear the Pope speak, you think immediately "Communism" ?

When I read the translation of what he says some of it seems to be "Liberation Theology", which I believe along with many others was sponsored by Communists, I don't believe he is a Hard Core Commie.

I am a never Hillaryite!

RaisinCain

Postby RaisinCain » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Really, I know Catholics love the pope but why should any of the rest of us care what he thinks? So many of his opinions are anti-biblical in the first place that it seems he as forgotten who he works for.

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:16 am

Ric wrote:Ric, Pope Benedict XVI criticized liberation theology for being Marxist. I don't know about the International Communism infiltration charge, but when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, as prefect of the CDF, he prohibited dissident priest from teaching the Marxist elements of liberation theology. Priest were suspended, censured, and even excommunicated.

I'm not making a direct comparison, but only using this as an example: it's sort of like Kwanzaa. There are some things in Kwanzaa that are admirable, some that you kind of say "whatever', and then there's the Communism. But, when I hear "Kwanzaa", all I think is "Communism".
[/quote]

So, when you hear the Pope speak, you think immediately "Communism"? Since, Historically, Pontiffs are not Americans, nor do they come from our culture.. I'd imagine it hard to please everyone. But, .. If I am called to believe that he is guided by the Holy Ghost, and his entire message is one of peace and how to accomplish it, I have to look past some of the things that he says that don't quite mesh with the American way of life.
Not many people listen to, or look for the clergy or Bishop's reactions and or explanations to their people/flock regarding things that come from the Holy See. Just as I don't understand Kawanza, and couldn't possibly understand it, many don't make an effort to see the big picure when a Pontiff makes a declaration.He's not calling on his flock to agree.. but to accept the teachings as just that.. there is no call to action where all Catholic people must adhere to the words uttered by the Spiritual leader of the Church. I go back to Paul the VI Humane Vitae. Which reaffirms the Church;s stance against Birth Control. I'd bet the majority of Catholics still practice some form of birth control. Nothing is absolute. And the Pontiff is NOT a radical Communist.[/quote]
Ric, I just described Pope Benedict XVI's criticism of Liberation Theology. I'm not Catholic, and don't play one on TV, but I believe that this Pope espouses Liberation Theology, including the Marxist elements of it. But I could be wrong. I don't like a number of things he has said (as it has been reported by the media; it's always possible that they could be lying or distorting what he has said), but, as I have already mentioned, I'm not Catholic, so I don't think anyone really cares.

Return to “Your first forum”