a little grandkid/kid bragging

Description of your first forum.
grouchy

a little grandkid/kid bragging

Postby grouchy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:02 pm

I am not saying/implying mine are better than yours, but Damn I am so proud of them! I really want to hang around long enough to see them get to the point they can make it on their own?

You?

Red Oak

Re: a little grandkid/kid bragging

Postby Red Oak » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Well I want to see you hang around, too :D

I can say my Grand Kids are a whole better behaved that their parents, or their grand pa 8-)

I am a never Hillaryite!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Techinically I don't have grandkids, but since some people call me their grandma I guess I can say that I am both. I suppose one day I will have actual grandchildren but I am in no rush....

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Red Oak wrote:Well I want to see you hang around, too :D

I can say my Grand Kids are a whole better behaved that their parents, or their grand pa 8-)

My kids and my grandkids are better than I was because I did more stuff than they could ever imagine. I don't want them to do the stuff I did!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:40 pm

crocmommy wrote:Techinically I don't have grandkids, but since some people call me their grandma I guess I can say that I am both. I suppose one day I will have actual grandchildren but I am in no rush....

You are too young to understand this, but while kids are a good thing, they can't hold a candle to grandkids. Damn I love my boys!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 pm

grouchy wrote:
crocmommy wrote:Techinically I don't have grandkids, but since some people call me their grandma I guess I can say that I am both. I suppose one day I will have actual grandchildren but I am in no rush....

You are too young to understand this, but while kids are a good thing, they can't hold a candle to grandkids. Damn I love my boys!

Would it be like getting to watch the good parts without the responsibility of it all?

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:12 pm

crocmommy wrote:
grouchy wrote:

Would it be like getting to watch the good parts without the responsibility of it all?

Probably so. For us the daughter and the grandsons live out here on the someplace. I promise you, better days are coming. You deserve them.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:17 pm

Techinically I don't have grandkids, but since some people call me their grandma I guess I can say that I am both. I suppose one day I will have actual grandchildren but I am in no rush....[/quote]
You are too young to understand this, but while kids are a good thing, they can't hold a candle to grandkids. Damn I love my boys![/quote]

Would it be like getting to watch the good parts without the responsibility of it all?[/quote]
Probably so. For us the daughter and the grandsons live out here on the someplace. I promise you, better days are coming. You deserve them.[/quote]

Thanks. Add to it that I am basically raising someone else's kids and the mother is still in contact with them. The 11 year old was taken away at age 3 and has issues. The younger one who is 8 wasn't even a year old and gives me less trouble. She's not really interested in the biomom too much. She still gives me hope...the oldest one just worries me most of the time.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:41 pm

You can do it. I have the upmost respect for you. You have steppedup and done the right thing.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:43 am

grouchy wrote:
Red Oak wrote:Well I want to see you hang around, too :D

My kids and my grandkids are better than I was because I did more stuff than they could ever imagine. I don't want them to do the stuff I did!

Nor even know about it! :)
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:45 am

crocmommy wrote:
grouchy wrote:

Well... yeah. I always have maintained that If I had known how cool grandkids were I'd have had them first... :D
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

Jami

Postby Jami » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm very proud of all my grandkids. The 3 granddaughters are all very good big sisters to their baby brother. The oldest, 7, is doing very well in school and has a very kind heart. Just moments after her birth, I saw the way she was looking around and taking everything in. I said then that she's going to be a smart one. The other 2 girls do well in school too. I'm constantly amazed at what all they are learning at a young age. My biggest thrill, so far, has been to see each of them begin to read and write. The middle girl, 5, has a good sense of humor. The youngest girl, 4, is very funny and random. We never know what's going to come out of her mouth, she keeps us laughing all the time. She's also a very happy girl, she still has a little bounce in her step. The baby boy, 6 months, is a very happy baby. I think he's going to be a smart one too.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:05 am

Always feels nice to hear about a kid's success--or to see them growing up and making the good choices.

Crocmommy--you are in the awful years with the 11 year old. Hopefully, she will grow up to be the girl you want her to be, but it is hard getting there.
Hang in there, I have faith that it will turn out well for all of you.

My only son gave us a huge number of headaches in his teens, but finally got himself together and is doing OK. He was 19 and arrested (for traffic violations that he ignored) and those 6 hours in a cell gave him time to reflect on his choices. That was the slap in the face he needed....he turned himself around after that.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

bodine

Postby bodine » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Just found out that daughter was named to the SoCon Fall 2015 All Academic team with a gpa of 3.93.

She didn't tell us, we found out from other sources. Her reaction; "isn't that what I am supposed to do?"

All five of the WCU vb sophmores are on that team; vb girls tend to be good students...

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:56 pm

My children were/are great kids: intelligent, funny, talented, kind to others. My grandson is more of the same.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:45 am

Our granddaughter, Carly, directed her first play this week. She posted that Thursday night was a little rough but Friday and Saturday went like clockwork. A couple people posted they thought it was terrific on Thursday, too. She's always been an actress before this. I finally got to see her in a play after people would stop me in Brookshire's in Smithville and tell me how great she was. She was the wicked queen and I told her Dad, sitting next to me "She's really, really good." He said "I'm just hoping she's acting!" But all the grands are kind people who truly care about others. I love them all for their love of their sister/cousin, McKenna. When they're all here, the house just rocks with laughter. Believe me it's not quiet.

Crocmommy, girls are particularly hard to deal with when they hit puberty. Hormones have a lot to do with it, I'm sure. But as they go off to college, even the first visit home was a joy. They both had an attitude of gratitude. And so did we!!! LOL!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 am

bodine wrote:Just found out that daughter was named to the SoCon Fall 2015 All Academic team with a gpa of 3.93.

She didn't tell us, we found out from other sources. Her reaction; "isn't that what I am supposed to do?"

All five of the WCU vb sophmores are on that team; vb girls tend to be good students...

Fantastic.

bodine

Postby bodine » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:02 pm

ann jusko wrote:Our granddaughter, Carly, directed her first play this week. She posted that Thursday night was a little rough but Friday and Saturday went like clockwork. A couple people posted they thought it was terrific on Thursday, too. She's always been an actress before this. I finally got to see her in a play after people would stop me in Brookshire's in Smithville and tell me how great she was. She was the wicked queen and I told her Dad, sitting next to me "She's really, really good." He said "I'm just hoping she's acting!" But all the grands are kind people who truly care about others. I love them all for their love of their sister/cousin, McKenna. When they're all here, the house just rocks with laughter. Believe me it's not quiet.

Crocmommy, girls are particularly hard to deal with when they hit puberty. Hormones have a lot to do with it, I'm sure. But as they go off to college, even the first visit home was a joy. They both had an attitude of gratitude. And so did we!!! LOL!

That is neat!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:54 am

ann jusko wrote:Our granddaughter, Carly, directed her first play this week. She posted that Thursday night was a little rough but Friday and Saturday went like clockwork. A couple people posted they thought it was terrific on Thursday, too. She's always been an actress before this. I finally got to see her in a play after people would stop me in Brookshire's in Smithville and tell me how great she was. She was the wicked queen and I told her Dad, sitting next to me "She's really, really good." He said "I'm just hoping she's acting!" But all the grands are kind people who truly care about others. I love them all for their love of their sister/cousin, McKenna. When they're all here, the house just rocks with laughter. Believe me it's not quiet.

My 11 year old needs to understand that I am the one who asks the questions and she gets to answer them. I am old enough that I do not have to account for my every more to an 11 year old child. Been a loooong weekend.

scarlett~nc

Postby scarlett~nc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:07 pm

can't say enough about wonderful grandkids ..I have 6 grandsons ages 4 - 25 ..brighten my life everyday !!

Return to “Your first forum”