travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Description of your first forum.
GFB

Re: travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Postby GFB » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:00 pm

No comparison..major hurricane, and a friggin' snowstorm.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:27 am

That IS true, however, riding a motorcycle with 2+ feet of snow and black ice under it is really, really stupid. I do know in Port Aransas we are told "evacuate because we can't get to you if you stay." Then there are the spin off tornadoes to deal with.
But it's still a lack of good sense and really uncaring and dismissive of those professional rescuers who would have to risk their life to save your sorry ass. And I do mean that! Having been a first responder, I can tell you it's bad enough to have to deal with death, blood, gore and keep your wits about you. I'm sure with your attitude you've never been someone who does that kind of work. You've missed many blessings along the way. I'm sorry for you Ralph. No good sense and no thought of other people. You sit and type your displeasure but you haven't ever mentioned giving a helping hand to your candidate of choice, never gone house to house for your candidate. But you preach to the choir a lot.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:39 am

ann jusko wrote:That IS true, however, riding a motorcycle with 2+ feet of snow and black ice under it is really, really stupid. I do know in Port Aransas we are told "evacuate because we can't get to you if you stay." Then there are the spin off tornadoes to deal with.
But it's still a lack of good sense and really uncaring and dismissive of those professional rescuers who would have to risk their life to save your sorry ass. And I do mean that! Having been a first responder, I can tell you it's bad enough to have to deal with death, blood, gore and keep your wits about you. I'm sure with your attitude you've never been someone who does that kind of work. You've missed many blessings along the way. I'm sorry for you Ralph. No good sense and no thought of other people. You sit and type your displeasure but you haven't ever mentioned giving a helping hand to your candidate of choice, never gone house to house for your candidate. But you preach to the choir a lot.

-------------------------------------------- yep , give up your Freedom just so taxpayer paid employees can have it easy . Course to me , if a guy wants to go out in a blizzard he just takes his chances as any adult can do . When i was growing up the scam of swelling the Government ranks with professional paid nannys , rescuers , 1st reponders and surrogate MOMs and Parents had not yet developed . Now its here and it doesn't look to good the me Ann !!
Last edited by ralph on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:43 am

and , interesting that local to me this is an issue on talk radio and so far i agree with the discussion that is going on about putting a police state into action because of a snowstorm !! Course i can never see where police state tactics are a good thing just for the conveiniance of taxpayer paid employees Ann !!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:08 am

You are soooo wrong and don't even know that almost half of the rescuers are volunteers and the professional firemen and paramedics that I know volunteer in their own small town. I was a volunteer for years and years when we lived on the farm/ranch. I also paid my own way to get a paramedic license as did most of us. You spout off without knowing the facts. Unfortunately since you don't know, you think everyone gets paid for this work. Only in big cities..... In the smaller towns the citizens back fire and rescue with their money or we had fish frys, and other fundraisers. We also had a small pharmacy and the owner actually stocked the ambulance. Now that's a good man! A furniture store owner matched donations up to $10,000. An owner of a car/truck repair shop wasn't only a volunteer, but he maintained our vehicles. We only paid for parts. He'd have to leave his shop to respond. He has two sons and father and one son would go to the fire and one would stay at the shop. These are people with HEARTS.

The 13 men that died in the West explosion were volunteers. One was a professional fireman that volunteered in his town of West. So much for your argument of being paid to be a rescuer. You really don't know what you're talking about.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:28 am

my Dad was a volunteer fireman but he didn't support a police state and my attitude about being INDEPENDENT and taking my thought out chances comes directly from my parents that raised me . Do what you want , be careful , if you get in trouble and we can't help you then you are on your own Ralph . It was much better than volunteers with a special HAT telling you what you MUST do and my DAD wouldn't have done it anyway because to him it would be unAmerican and none of his business !! ----------- and the volunteers of old are much different than many of the volunteers of today . Sure they volunteer today but they also order people about , write tickets in some cases , drive taxpayer owned city vehicles , get perks , lunch , donuts and recognition as being the man . In many cases they restrict Freedom with their mere presence . Not especially harmful to me because i am older and i know what the deal is Ann .

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:32 am

Donuts?

MAN!!!

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:02 am

DONUTS plus , i see them as 'do gooders' who would either be dems or moderate liberal rino republicans !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 am

and VOLUNTEERING is not a bad thing when its the Salvation Army or similar orgs that does its work and minds its own business !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 am

Ok, just no more free donuts!

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:00 pm

That's ridiculous. I'm older than you and was born into Rupublican family. NOT RINOS for sure. But I was also given the values of christianity. They ARE compatible you know. Dinner talk But was mostly political but if one of us failed to be kind, used grammar that was incorrect, we heard about it. To this day, it is unusual for any of us kids used profanity except me when people make me very angry. I been angry today.

ralph

Postby ralph » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Christianity is fine and is an option but not a REQUIREMENT in the USA Ann !! I am also polite as should be seen by my posting history and if you are talking to me Ann !! I just don't like OFFICIAL government operated volunteers .

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:04 am

What the hell is government volunteers? A volunteer doesn't get paid..........

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 am

they are organized by government , and many times its local government with their PRETEND police who are volunteers that run around asserting authority over the taxpaying populace . They do Parking enforcement as just one example plus revenue enhancing handi cap parking spots !! As I said , gov operated volunteers wearing hats of Authority and unpaid but they still get perks and authority over the taxpayers Ann !!

GFB

Postby GFB » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:47 am

ralph wrote:they are organized by government , and many times its local government with their PRETEND police who are volunteers that run around asserting authority over the taxpaying populace . They do Parking enforcement as just one example plus revenue enhancing handi cap parking spots !! As I said , gov operated volunteers wearing hats of Authority and unpaid but they still get perks and authority over the taxpayers Ann !!

Never seen that..but "pretend police" asserting authority would be more than I can take.

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:08 am

think that they are Police Auxiliary or similar , mostly old retired guys , they get a special HAT , maybe a uniform and many drive around in taxpayer owned vehicles using taxpayer paid gas .

ralph

Postby ralph » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:14 am

think that the concept of Pretend police is widespread , here are some Pretend police from NYPD !! --- http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/caree ... lice.shtml --- probably have them in California , my guess is that you just haven't noticed !!

Ric

Postby Ric » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:16 pm

ralph wrote:think that the concept of Pretend police is widespread , here are some Pretend police from NYPD !! --- http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/caree ... lice.shtml --- probably have them in California , my guess is that you just haven't noticed !!

don't confuse your 'pretend' police with Auxilliary Police Officers, Almost every department or Sherrifs Office has reserve Officers or Deputies that have all gone through Academy training, and passed the same things that their regular counterparts have done. They are almost never old, retiredcops...or old retired anything. Just as a point of clarification, which I am sure you won't agree with...
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

ralph

Postby ralph » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:19 pm

I put up my link to Volunteer Pretend police Ric , looks to me that you are just trying to change the subject . --- http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/caree ... lice.shtml ---

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:10 am

You're so far off base, Ralph. Most reserve or auxilliary are younger people who want to get a paying job in LE. At least those are the ones that I've seen in the two different towns we live in. They are really needed in Port Aransas since it's a small town that explodes with people vacationing in Port Aransas. There's no way that a small town can have the LE it needs during peak vacation times and for sure during the two weeks of spring break. They're usually paired with a regular police officer. The people that pay taxes there (like us) appreciate them. Here, we live on a big lake. People fall out of boats, children get lost, and our police and fire don't have the personnel to do a fast and extensive search. We appreciate those people, too.

As for the idiot people that park in handicap designated parking, do need to pay a heavy fine. But regular police force doesn't have the time or money to get those arrogant people who think they're entitled to park wherever they want. My husband is disabled. I want those people fined, just as I want as many LE officers during spring break or the 4th of July. We have someone who posts here (If he hasn't left due to disgust) who does that for police for his town. WHY do you think there's something wrong with that? I appreciate those who want to help their community and do it the right way!

It's actually been in force for a very long time. Ever hear of a posse?

Return to “Your first forum”