travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Description of your first forum.
ralph

Re: travel BAN in 'new york' city , Land of the FREE

Postby ralph » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 am

morning Ann , hey , I disagree with Government Operated pretend volunteer police --- http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/caree ... lice.shtml --- I do like Private Volunteers like Salvation Army , Candy Strippers , St Judes , Catholic Volunteer Orgs and similar Volunteer Charitable Organizations . Nothing to fight about here , we just have a difference of opinion . We just have a different point of view probably because of the ways that we view a Free Country . ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As an OFF TOPIC side comment , I also dislike Stop and Search in New York city that was Police policy a few years back in New York City . I think that commie 'de blasio' has gotten rid of it .

GFB

Postby GFB » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 am

I have a problem with the mandatory multiple (and sometimes many, many) handicapped parking spots.

Generally, they're all empty..what a waste. When the government mandates..things get stupid.
If you’re “woke”..you’re a loser.

ralph

Postby ralph » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:43 am

when I was on crutches a few times my wife would drive me up to the entrance of wherever and just drop me off as she then went off to park the car . Nowadays I even see hugely obese pizza eaters with handicapped placards .

ann jusko

Postby ann jusko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Some people do abuse it and that's why having volunteers check credientials is fine with me. Also, people don't realize they shouldn't use the van handicapped spots instead of regular spots. My friend, Harry, drives a hand-operated Ford f150. He devised a machine to lower his wheelchair and position it beside his truck door He needs that extra space so the contraption can swing the wheel chair over the bed of the truck. Yes, he's technially disabled but he's otherly abled to me. He asks nothing of anyone unless it's an emergency. Once the wheel chair got away...but a few good people went after it.

But remember, the guy you think has a big pizza belly, may be the guy waiting on a liver transplant. Or someone with an aneryism that doesn't want to test just how much pushing a grocery cart up a hill and cause it to rupture. He may appear very normal to you. I know I've seen young girls/women using grandma's handicap parking plaque and RUNNING into the store.

Those are the people who create a need for volunteers to check handicap plaques.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 am

ralph wrote:when I was on crutches a few times my wife would drive me up to the entrance of wherever and just drop me off as she then went off to park the car . Nowadays I even see hugely obese pizza eaters with handicapped placards .

Obese people can be handicapped.. not BECAUSE they eat pizza. You ignore the fact that many people have a handicap through no fauly of their own.. that the obesity could gome from steroids, or thyroid issues, or a multitude of things. And wherther they park in front of a Pizza Hut and it causes you to have to hobble a few steps.. well.. I feel so sorry for you

Actually I feel sorry for you having to go through life thinking some of the things you do...
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:05 am

My husband has gout, hurts alot and wears out easily. Yes he is overweight because he only has one bad kidney left and can't exercise much. So I don't appreciate the judgement either Ralph....

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 pm

crocmommy wrote:My husband has gout, hurts alot and wears out easily. Yes he is overweight because he only has one bad kidney left and can't exercise much. So I don't appreciate the judgement either Ralph....

a guy like ralph doesn't really care what anyone else is going through.. unless it has an effect on him.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Ric wrote:
crocmommy wrote:My husband has gout, hurts alot and wears out easily. Yes he is overweight because he only has one bad kidney left and can't exercise much. So I don't appreciate the judgement either Ralph....

a guy like ralph doesn't really care what anyone else is going through.. unless it has an effect on him.

Why did you say that?

Most obese people are fat because they eat too much year after year.

That's not a cue to be offended if you have a thyroid problem.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:56 pm

GFB wrote:
Ric wrote:

Why did you say that?

There are many many reason for being overweight. Looking at someone, you can't possibly know why they look the way they do.And if you go back and look at his stetement, it would be easy to be offended by his commentary.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:59 pm

my opinion is that everyone has problems , special parking is simply a cash cow for the city and the formation of another Special interest group of people . As I said earlier , I've been on crutches and was once in a wheel chair for half a year . Wife would drop me off at the entrance , we would unload the wheel chair , wife would park the car and then we would go shopping .

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:14 pm

ralph wrote:my opinion is that everyone has problems , special parking is simply a cash cow for the city and the formation of another Special interest group of people . As I said earlier , I've been on crutches and was once in a wheel chair for half a year . Wife would drop me off at the entrance , we would unload the wheel chair , wife would park the car and then we would go shopping .

How is it a cash cow for the city? I surely didn't pay extra for my handicap plates.
And the VERY few tickets that get written to people that park without permits are certainly not making the city rich. As a matter of fact, I wish they would do much more to enforce that law. Not everyone is as courteous as you and your wife, ralph. When I am forced to get my wifes wheelchair out of the car and struggle with it across a parking lot, (I am handicapped, also, just not in a wheelchair. Just a cane) only to see someone sitting in a car without permits or plates.. the thought DOES cross my mind that I should give it a good pop with my cane.. except I can never be sure that they just forgot to hang their placard..
I hate that you and your wife had to suffer and sacrifice like that for half a year. Hope ya'll made it through ok.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Ric wrote:
GFB wrote:
Ric wrote:[.

Why did you say that?

There are many many reason for being overweight. Looking at someone, you can't possibly know why they look the way they do.And if you go back and look at his stetement, it would be easy to be offended by his commentary.

What you said was way more out of line.

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Ric wrote:
ralph wrote:my opinion is that everyone has problems , special parking is simply a cash cow for the city and the formation of another Special interest group of people . As I said earlier , I've been on crutches and was once in a wheel chair for half a year . Wife would drop me off at the entrance , we would unload the wheel chair , wife would park the car and then we would go shopping .

How is it a cash cow for the city? I surely didn't pay extra for my handicap plates.
And the VERY few tickets that get written to people that park without permits are certainly not making the city rich. As a matter of fact, I wish they would do much more to enforce that law. Not everyone is as courteous as you and your wife, ralph. When I am forced to get my wifes wheelchair out of the car and struggle with it across a parking lot, (I am handicapped, also, just not in a wheelchair. Just a cane) only to see someone sitting in a car without permits or plates.. the thought DOES cross my mind that I should give it a good pop with my cane.. except I can never be sure that they just forgot to hang their placard..
I hate that you and your wife had to suffer and sacrifice like that for half a year. Hope ya'll made it through ok.

---------------------------------------- such is life Ric , everyone has problems . My situation was not suffering , it was experience is all it was Ric !!

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:32 pm

and , I am not in a wheel chair or on crutches after I healed up . I have it much easier than the guy I would see selling newspapers as he scuttled around on his little skateboard like device back in 1960 or so Ric .

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:33 pm

cash cow , city gets the fines Ric !!

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:35 pm

ralph wrote:and , I am not in a wheel chair or on crutches after I healed up . I have it much easier than the guy I would see selling newspapers as he scuttled around on his little skateboard like device back in 1960 or so Ric .

What?!

ralph

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:47 pm

self explanatory isn't it though I might have said more . The guy I reference had his legs blown off according to local talk in ww2 or korea . He moved himself around on some kind of modified furniture moving board with wheels . He sold newspapers and magazines at a newsstand . His life was hard compared to mine yet he did alright with no special RIGHTS Ric !!

Red Oak

Postby Red Oak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Once anything becomes a "Right" or "Entitlement" all commonsense goes out the window, ADA, SSI, WIC, SNAP, MEDICAID, Farm Subsidies, Export-Import Bank, you name it, abuse rises to a significant percentage and maybe even the majority of the use of the "Right" or "Entitlement". So just shut up and pay for it Sheep. :D

I am a never Hillaryite!

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:28 pm

a guy like ralph doesn't really care what anyone else is going through.. unless it has an effect on him.[/quote]

Why did you say that?

That's not a cue to be offended if you have a thyroid problem.[/quote]

There are many many reason for being overweight. Looking at someone, you can't possibly know why they look the way they do.And if you go back and look at his stetement, it would be easy to be offended by his commentary.[/quote]

Whether someone is overweight and why is NOT even the point AFAIC. If someone needs handicapped parking, they should be able to use it without being judged. Shame on those who are using other people's permits. I never do that even though it would be easy to do so.

GFB

Postby GFB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:32 pm

AfAIC?

Is that a new way to write YPIYR?

Return to “Your first forum”