Coffee

Description of your first forum.
crocmommy

Coffee

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 am

I love my coffee and couldn't go without. I'm probably not as serious about what I drink as some people. I don't care for Starbucks coffee and their prices. If I get coffee out, I'm good with QT, 7-11, etc.

Also, what do you drink at home? I put away my Keuring machine. It took up too much room and I got tired of being restricted to the K Cups. And the new machine wouldn't let me use the refillable cups. So I use a cheap small 4 cup drip coffee maker. I can use whatever coffee I please including gourmet flavored to Aldi's brand. I'm not tied to one brand. I'm using an Aldi's brand that has a coconut flavor in it right now. Really good.

All comments about COFFEE welcome. This is a politics free thread...

Red Oak

Re: Coffee

Postby Red Oak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:16 am

I use a stainless steel electric percolator, beats Drip by a mile in my opinion.

I can't stand Starbucks - Four Bucks I call them :)

My favorite brands are Community Coffee, and Nachitosh Coffee, and sometime I like coffee with chicory.

I am a never Hillaryite!

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

Folgers. Weekdays straight. Weekends add some Bailey's.

How is the cat doing with his eye problem?

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:31 am

grouchy wrote:Folgers. Weekdays straight. Weekends add some Bailey's.

How is the cat doing with his eye problem?

Blue got a good report on his follow up check up. The doctor said his eye pressure in the eye he can see out of has improved. So the eye drops are worth it. But I am sad about what giving him eye drops has done to him. He avoids me and no longer comes to get in my lap anymore and licks me when I pet him. He is my precious boy and I miss what we had.

Here is a picture of Blue in his younger days with a Himalayan cat I used to have. He was a wonderful cat too.
Attachments
wookie&blue.jpg
wookie&blue.jpg (2 KiB) Viewed 1400 times

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:06 am

I drink 90% of my coffee at home, when driving Loves makes a good cup most of the time.

I buy Kirkland whole bean and have a nice coffee maker that makes product equal to commercial machines .
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

LibraryLady

Postby LibraryLady » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Husband is more into coffee than I am. I just drink it on occasion.

We were given a gift of Kick Ass coffee (has a donkey on the package) which is roasted in Canada. We get it up there from time to time. When Target was messing around in Canada, we were able to purchase some at the local Target.

He purchases Community or Folgers. He does not care for the flavored coffees.

Sometimes he gets a strong ?? and then mixes it with his Folgers.

We have a Kenmore right now that works like a Mr. Coffee. We have had various brands of coffee pots and when one dies, purchase another reasonably priced one.
He had one that put the finished product in a thermos carafe but didn't like it. It was hard to clean. He didn't like not knowing how much was left in the pot.

We have a 2 cup coffee maker and don't use it all the time. That thing brews it into an insulated cup.

When we are traveling, he loves McDonald's coffee. That is the only time we ever shop at McD--purchasing breakfast on the road.

Native Texan

Maya Angelou said:
“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:09 pm

I LOVE COFFEE. We use the Keurig at night for Cappuchino (sic). I drink Community Dark Roast, but also keep their Breakfast V=Blend and Their Coffee and Chicory. The latter I buy in bean form, and grind what I want or need.
Most days, I use a 9 cup Pyrex Percolator on the stovetop. Which is less than 5 cups with the mugs I use.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

BigTex

Postby BigTex » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:19 pm

I drink a lot of coffee. Probably too much. I'm not a coffee snob. I can't imagine how bad a cup of coffee would have to be for me to reject it. I just want it to be hot. Really hot. Stella Liebeck hot.

We bought a K cup coffee maker but when I make coffee for myself I use an accessory basket and just put ground coffee in it. But we do use K cup packs when my wife and I are both having coffee. She does not like strong coffee so I make a cup of coffee for me and then run another cup of water through the same K cup pack for her. Add a little flavored creamer and she is perfectly happy with that. So we get 24 cups of coffee out of a 12 pack box.

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:15 pm

BigTex wrote:I drink a lot of coffee. Probably too much. I'm not a coffee snob. I can't imagine how bad a cup of coffee would have to be for me to reject it. I just want it to be hot. Really hot. Stella Liebeck hot.

We bought a K cup coffee maker but when I make coffee for myself I use an accessory basket and just put ground coffee in it. But we do use K cup packs when my wife and I are both having coffee. She does not like strong coffee so I make a cup of coffee for me and then run another cup of water through the same K cup pack for her. Add a little flavored creamer and she is perfectly happy with that. So we get 24 cups of coffee out of a 12 pack box.

cool. You just saved ME some money.... :)
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Coffee.... yes, I drink it sometimes. :D

We have a restaurant-style commercial coffee maker. Makes 12 cups at a time, no more, no less. I grind the beans fresh for each pot. We use Costco beans. They're the cheapest I've found and really good. My favorite coffee bean comes from Dean & Deluca. It's their house blend and it's pricey. I don't know why I like it - except it's really smooth - but whenever we're near a D&L, I get a couple of bags.
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

John in Plano

Postby John in Plano » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Forgot to mention single cup of mild or normal or strong or 2 cups of strong ( thats how I like it and set the preset) are brewed with a push of a button and/or twist of a knob. Perfect creme every time.
All I have to do is supply beans and water. 8-)
It's ok if you disagree with me.
I can't force you to be right.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:42 pm

BigTex wrote:I drink a lot of coffee. Probably too much. I'm not a coffee snob. I can't imagine how bad a cup of coffee would have to be for me to reject it. I just want it to be hot. Really hot. Stella Liebeck hot.

You must not have the newest Keurig machine. Can't use the basket with your own ground coffee in those. I only have the new one because my mom had an extra one. Now it's put away. Might get it out when I have company or something.

crocmommy

Postby crocmommy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Ric wrote:I LOVE COFFEE. We use the Keurig at night for Cappuchino (sic). I drink Community Dark Roast, but also keep their Breakfast V=Blend and Their Coffee and Chicory. The latter I buy in bean form, and grind what I want or need.
Most days, I use a 9 cup Pyrex Percolator on the stovetop. Which is less than 5 cups with the mugs I use.

I've never used a percolator like that. You don't have problems with coffee grounds?

Jami

Postby Jami » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:16 am

crocmommy wrote:
Ric wrote:I LOVE COFFEE. We use the Keurig at night for Cappuchino (sic). I drink Community Dark Roast, but also keep their Breakfast V=Blend and Their Coffee and Chicory. The latter I buy in bean form, and grind what I want or need.

I've never used a percolator like that. You don't have problems with coffee grounds?

My parents used one of those for years.

I have a Keurig, I just drink one cup of coffee in the morning. HEB coffees are my favorite but someone gave me a box of Green Mountain Nantucket Blend and I've really enjoyed it.

truep

Postby truep » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:00 am

You can get a lot of K-cups at amazon, I like Old San Francisco dark roast and several others. The prices are good too. We also have a converter that we can use with any coffee.
Dyou have to take the holder out to use this.

grouchy

Postby grouchy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:20 am

The dogs and I went out to the east porch to watch the sunrise. It was a little chilly but beautiful. I had Irish coffee and they had rawhide chews.
It is going to be a glorious day. Enjoy it!

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Several years ago I came down with ageusia,I had no taste of anything, since then it has come back about 25%. Now, I drink Kroger brand coffee and pretty much other less expensive items as the taste means very little to me anymore. I am used to it , so it feels normal to me.

Ric

Postby Ric » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 am

crocmommy wrote:

No, Not at all.. the grounds basket also acts as a filter.. there are filters you can make work, but not really neccessary..

crackertoes

Postby crackertoes » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 am

glenn/dallas wrote:Several years ago I came down with ageusia,I had no taste of anything, since then it has come back about 25%.

OMG... how did you acquire that? I had a friend who took a spill down a staircase and hit her head really hard... no taste ever since and it's been years and years. Will yours ever come back fully?
Some coffee cups are just too small.Image

Return to “Your first forum”