This is why I don't Support the Death Penalty

Description of your first forum.
jellowrestling

Re: This is why I don't Support the Death Penalty

Postby jellowrestling » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:42 pm

John in Plano wrote:
planosteve wrote:There is a better way.
Sentence them to life in prison. Give them a bottle that they keep in their cell that says on the label. "Drink this and you will go to sleep and never wake up in prison again." I think at some point most of them will use it and there will no killing involved.

Insane to lock up a bunch of killers and provide the ways and means to kill again.

Suicide can be accomplished with the clothing they already have.

Stop that! Why be practical, logical and sensible when you can just let 'er rip and use FEELINGS to guide you?

glenn/dallas

Postby glenn/dallas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:29 pm

planosteve wrote:There is a better way.
Sentence them to life in prison. Give them a bottle that they keep in their cell that says on the label. "Drink this and you will go to sleep and never wake up in prison again." I think at some point most of them will use it and there will no killing involved.

I'm all for that, good idea

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:10 am

sigh.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. — George Bernard Shaw .

jellowrestling

Postby jellowrestling » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:27 pm

jellowrestling wrote:
Ric wrote:
jellowrestling wrote:I call "bogus". He wasn't given the death penalty.

whatever.

I guess that skews my entire point... right?

Fact is, its a good thing he wasn't as it turns out. Else we couldn't have this discussion.

I don't say that some don't deserve to die. I just don't think we are qualified to judge in that fashion.
There are too many factors having nothing to do with guilt or innocence that can send a person to an untimely end.

You can't use a non-death penalty case as an example of why we don't give the death penalty. I've been on a jury in a murder trial. The jury has different considerations when the death penalty is on the line.

In any case, what you are saying is, the only people in a society who have the authority to end another person's life are the criminals, no matter how heinous the crime or how absolutely lock-tight the evidence?

Return to “Your first forum”